Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Scent of the Gods Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:47 pm
Kind of a random question, but do any of you associate the deities or entities you work with (for those who do) with any particular scents?

Bast makes me think of Jasmine, or Musk & Patchouli.

Sekhmet makes me think of Cinnamon.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:09 pm
This animist thinks that clove spirits smell like cloves, only more so.... ad infinitum. ninja  

Fiddlers Green

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:03 pm
Fiddlers Green
This animist thinks that clove spirits smell like cloves, only more so.... ad infinitum. ninja

Cloves make me think of Wepwawet. I love cloves. Big reason why I used to smoke the cigarettes, but it's good I've quit them.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:15 pm
this is slightly off topic, but not really... we have this India Temple incense that we sell at work and it smells simply divine (no pun intended) i bought 3 boxes of it 3nodding

edit: packages, not whole boxes.  

whiporwill-o

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:22 pm
whiporwill-o
this is slightly off topic, but not really... we have this India Temple incense that we sell at work and it smells simply divine (no pun intended) i bought 3 boxes of it 3nodding

This is more a fun topic than anything else. Sharing of favorite incenses is fine, too. Even better if you can relate it to a deity. This can be an opportunity to turn UPG into CPG.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:29 pm
Sophist
whiporwill-o

This is more a fun topic than anything else. Sharing of favorite incenses is fine, too. Even better if you can relate it to a deity. This can be an opportunity to turn UPG into CPG.

i unfortunately do not know any deities personally yet, and know very few of them by their myths, so it is difficult for me to assign scents to them as of yet. though, i do tend to think of Aphrodite when i smell apples 3nodding  

whiporwill-o

CilverCyanide

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:45 pm
At the local dollar store I bought one called "Love" I don't know exactly what it's composed of but it smells amazing. I use it for non-ritually and it's very light and sweet. It doesn't really remind me of love though..  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:48 pm
CilverCyanide
At the local dollar store I bought one called "Love" I don't know exactly what it's composed of but it smells amazing. I use it for non-ritually and it's very light and sweet. It doesn't really remind me of love though..

where i worked we had a perfume oil called love, it was a mix of amber and another scent called egyptian goddess... though i don't know what's in egyptian goddess. sweatdrop  

whiporwill-o

Doc Dillamond

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:53 pm
pan makes me think of frankensence and myrrh  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:44 am
Hehe, I have whole mental compediums of smell associations xD
Associations are just what I do with everything, its a source of comfort to me a little confused . I also associate food, songs and colours with divinty and other things.

Here are my godly asscoiations:

Poseidon- Myrhh
Hermes- Cinnamon, green tea
Aphrodite- rose, jasmine, lavender
Persephone- lavender, green tea, pomegranite
Hera- Apples+ choclate, cinnamon, lavendar
Agathos Daimon- sandlewood
Dionysos- Sandlewood
Helios- Lemongrass  

patch99329

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:25 am
Is this the temple incense people were discussing?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:20 pm

yes, thats it.  

whiporwill-o

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:54 pm

yes, thats it.It's a favorite of mine as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:41 pm
TeaDidikai

yes, thats it.
It's a favorite of mine as well.

i keep one package in my car as a potpourri. whee  

whiporwill-o

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:46 pm
whiporwill-o
i keep one package in my car as a potpourri. whee
You can also buy the oil.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center