What do you think of this? Awesome? Okay? Bad? Horrible? I just want to know what others think of it. The gray cat is Hawkpaw, just so you know. The other one I made up. Scorchtail, the terrific dark ginger tom!~

Fighter's Pride

I walked upstairs to my bedroom, tired from a hard day at school. A yowl as loud as a bullhorn rung outside. Running to the window, I watched in curiosity as a gray tail swung out of sight. Another tail, a dark ginger color, was still as a statue in the foggy morning. Suddenly, the gray tail I saw earlier jumped from its place, onto the clearing, and screeched again. I was shocked. Those loud yowls belonged to a cat! The cat looked crossly at the other tail that was now lowering slowly. Now that she was in the open, I could see her features. The she-cat was gray with black stripes along her spine. Her icy blue eyes looked intently at the other tail. She crouched down as her muscles tensed to jump at it. But the other cat moved out in the open also. The other cat's fur was dark ginger and his eyes were amber, which were burning with determination. The gray cat jumped at him, claws out. The other cat swiftly moved to the side as the she-cat slid on the ground where he had been. Eye to eye, it was like fire burning against ice. You could just feel the tension building up. The tom swatted his huge paws quickly against his oppenent's head. The she-cat backed up a little, confused by the attack. While the gray cat looked dazed, the tom cat sprung with ease, landing on the other cat. The gray cat was shocked for a second before her senses came and tried to shake him off. The tom kept holding on with his claws digging in the other cat’s fur.

Finally, she shook the dark ginger tom off, but it had its toll on her. She was now panting with effort. But it was the exact opposite for the tom. He looked like he hadn’t broken a sweat, and he looked at her as if she never tried to attack him. All of a sudden, the she-cat collapsed on her side, unable to fight anymore. But he silently stalked forward, his muscles tense for the final assault. As he was about to do the finishing blow, the tom’s muscles relaxed, he backed away slowly, but surely, with a glow of triumph. The tom walked over to the bush and picked up a rodent. It was quite small, and a piece of it was already bitten off. The dark ginger tom padded away with the kill, not even once looking back. The gray cat stood up, she held her head up high, not showing anything that just happened. The she-cat looked quickly around, alert, to see if the other cat was still there. When she made sure he was gone, she padded out of the clearing also, but with her head high.

I know it's kind of short, but what can I do? I just started writing!