Not a Mini, but Painting Nonetheless

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:00 pm
The other day, I was looking at y ever growing collection of NERF weaponry and I thought, "Hey, I'm sick of looking at the shitty colors on my favorite gun."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So what did I do? I repainted that sonovabitch.

User Image

It still needs touchups and a hit of Clearcoat, but I like how it looks thus far.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:09 pm
nice,i like the grip work,i once repainted a £1 BB gun into a Ork shoota.
(boredum has it's causulties)

so far it's looking pretty awesome,keep it up.  

Herr Kaiser

Aged Codger

Alissindra

5,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:22 pm
you might could try shading the barrels a tad bit to give it a more personal touch smile but otherwise it looks good.

I have a drop dead sexy Chaos Bolt Pistol made from a nerf gun and it looks real. if I can find my camera and take a picture ill post it and show you guys.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:45 pm
Shading is something I'm not so great at, to be honest. Anyway, it is supposed to look clean, polished, and in exquisite shape. That's why I'm going to put another few coats on (post dis-assembly again) followed by a round of clear varnish to give it a little bit of overall shine and to keep the paint from rubbing off.  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

DarkReaper40k

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:52 pm
That's a fantastic idea, although I have to ask.. does it still work? I've met people at conventions who have done similar works but ended up ruining the nerf gun because the added thickness of the paint prevented proper movement of the barrels on the maverick. (The did a Trigun, Vash the Stampede conversion on it)  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:00 pm
DarkReaper40k
That's a fantastic idea, although I have to ask.. does it still work? I've met people at conventions who have done similar works but ended up ruining the nerf gun because the added thickness of the paint prevented proper movement of the barrels on the maverick. (The did a Trigun, Vash the Stampede conversion on it)

It still works great. It jams slightly from time to time, but that is due mostly to the fact that I use Streamline darts in it instead of Micros.  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:48 am
Don't shade it, it's not supposed to look like an oversized toy. What you should've done is file off the words and logos, then replace those with something more awesome like 'WIDOWMAKER' or 'BIG GUN THAT KILLS BABIES' blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:33 am
That's still pretty awesome that it works. Mind if I steal your idea and try it out on one of my nerf guns? I've got a rather impressive collection from over the years myself... makes nerf wars with my friends really fun since I've got just about 2 of everything (I got a lot of it dirt cheap/second hand)  

DarkReaper40k

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:12 am
Kaori Kapoigne
Don't shade it, it's not supposed to look like an oversized toy. What you should've done is file off the words and logos, then replace those with something more awesome like 'WIDOWMAKER' or 'BIG GUN THAT KILLS BABIES' blaugh

My original plan was to file off the words and put an Aquila on either side of the slide. Then I was going to take a knife and make notches along the underside of the chamber as kill marks.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:13 am
DarkReaper40k
That's still pretty awesome that it works. Mind if I steal your idea and try it out on one of my nerf guns? I've got a rather impressive collection from over the years myself... makes nerf wars with my friends really fun since I've got just about 2 of everything (I got a lot of it dirt cheap/second hand)

Go for it. If you need modding tutorials, they can be found just about everywhere. I really only have experience with the Mavericks and a little with my Recon.  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Litany of Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:28 pm
Caleidah
Kaori Kapoigne

My original plan was to file off the words and put an Aquila on either side of the slide. Then I was going to take a knife and make notches along the underside of the chamber as kill marks.

That would be awesome. the new IG bitz actually come with aquillas, the biggest ones would probably look great.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games