Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Habits

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lenre Li
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:08 am
So you all like yaoi, right? [Well, duh, but anyway...] And most of you, like me, need to get their 'daily dose' or you start to feel like you're gonna go insane? xd

What kind of online habits do you have when it comes to yaoi? Like, are you the extra-paranoid type who deletes their history when they get off the internet? Do you keep up 'other' tabs/windows that you switch to? Is it second nature to switch to a tab when someone comes into the room? Start looking at yaoi-related things after everyone goes to sleep?

And, you know, all that stuff. biggrin

Personally, while my mum knows of my liking of BL/GL, I'd rather not let her read the fanfic I'm reading and so on... I usually have other tabs up so I can switch to those. Even though she knows. But I've been doing it for so long it's just ingrained in me. sweatdrop

Yeah, what are your habits like concerning yaoi? biggrin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:02 am
that if i had a habit then it would be i worry about others around me reading over my shoulder sweatdrop  

protecterofelements

User_2629207

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:15 am
User Image"Seriousness is the refuge of the shallow."

I have my own computer, and it's password protected, and my family knows that for every time they touch my baby without permission I will cut off one of their limbs smile I just delete history to keep my computer nice and healthy~

But if someone comes in the room I always swap tabs or something, and I must say I'm pretty good at it~ I used to be super paranoid and never save anything and always delete my history but now I don't care so much. I mean, if they snoop, at least I'll have an excuse to punish them in a cruel and unusual manner (and they'll probably be scarred for life)
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:09 pm
I don't go on any freaky websites or anything. The only extreme stuff I've read/seen (and granted, I'm not into a lot of extreme stuff) has been on livejournal or fanfiction.net. Or at a friend's house. >__>

But I'm fortunate enough to have my own computer so I don't need to worry too much. Still, I'm sure to open a new tab whenever someone else walks into the room. .__.

Tomqueen

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:57 pm
Lenre Li
What kind of online habits do you have when it comes to yaoi? Like, are you the extra-paranoid type who deletes their history when they get off the internet? Do you keep up 'other' tabs/windows that you switch to? Is it second nature to switch to a tab when someone comes into the room? Start looking at yaoi-related things after everyone goes to sleep?

I do all 3 of those things.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:35 am
I used to do all that! But then, I was reading it off fansites while in the school library so I kept looking over my shoulder. I tell you, it was worth every penny when I finally got my own computer and internet. No more paranoia!  

Ms.Tofu

carrionteeth

Versatile Worshipper

11,925 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:13 am
Tsuki Nushi
Lenre Li

I do all 3 of those things.

So do I...
People in my house like to look over your shoulder. That is why I always sit back to a wall.
And...If I get something like a doujin off of my friend, I hide all trace of it in case someone finds it.
redface  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:46 am
I let everyone see what I'm looking at, I don't care. Unless it's super hardcore, I switch just to be polite-which I would do if I was looking at Hentai or Yaoi.  

Syntria
Crew

Infinite Pandora

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:42 pm
I don't try to hide it. And like Paco said, I'll only switch if it's hardcore. But other than that, nope.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:09 pm
Tabs are our friends.
If it's something simple like Gravitation then I don't really care

69_Go-Go_69

Lexarun

Desirable Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:32 pm
I only have tabs up if I'm looking at something hardcore but other than that I don't care.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:41 am
Okay when family members walk into the room I switch to another tab.
When everyone goes to bed, I usually watch the hard yaoi animes, but keep my headphones so if they wake up they cant hear the errotic sounds coming from my laptop. Also I favorite my yaoi sites. but I cHange the name of the favorite on the list, so if its like "yaoi-central", i change it to "Help for homework" or some s**t like thatXD
none of my family members kno i watch yaoi , so it looks like I can hide it pretty damn well (:  

GaarafanGurl08

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Pawn Of Ace - - x

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:47 am
User Image
Once there was a darkness,
a deep and endless night,
you gave me everything you had
and oh,
you gave me light

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
yea i do all that.
when i'm on fanfiction.net or reading doujins on youtube or just on a yaoi site, i constantly erase the history.
i also open up a tab just in case someone comes to sit next to me or is around me.
and i'm constantly looking over my shoulder, although i sit on the couch at the wall. but the blinds are sometimes open.
i can't go on the computer at night, so i go on at like 3 or 4 in the morning when i wake up and everyone's asleep.
so yea no one knows about my addiction here... yet.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:35 pm
NOBODY in my house knows I like yaoi. Before I had my own computer, I would put a tab up with something yaoi (photobucket, mangafox, youtube, fanfiction, ect) and then I'd have Gaia. Gaia was my safe website.

Now, with my own computer, I don't have to worry unless someone comes in my room or if I'm in the livingroom watching TV or something.

Now, when it comes to my manga, I have to hide the few that I have. I have a special bookshelf for my manga. When I'm reading it, someone comes into my room and I hide it under my blankets. XDD  

SarcasticIrony

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items