Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
How Much Do You Spend On Anime and/or Manga? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sakimei

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:54 pm
I'm just curious. Is what you're spending on manga/anime too much? Too little? How much money does your nearest bookstore rob you of from buying just one manga book? How much money does your nearest video store rob you of from buying just one anime dvd? =3 Manga usually costs me atleast $10.50. For me, I think that's expensive, especially when I'm buying more than one manga. xd I don't buy my own anime, because I have too little money after buying manga. domokun  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:07 pm
It costs me...a lot...

Here, manga costs 10 dollars, plus tax, but 10 percent off because of my barnes and noble membership card! whee  

ChibiTotoro222
Vice Captain

AnimeZutto

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:10 pm
buying anime?!? thats crazy, there sooo expensive!(about $10-15) haha, i remember when i use to go to borders and stay the whole day just reading manga^^ i think the owners started to get mad because i would never buy anything blaugh sweatdrop ....but now my sister provides most of my anime/ manga, and adult swim has been a great help(yah!! free anime) oh and duh!! libraries!!! but the library by my house doesn't have that many animes, as in they need more....i guess they have a fair anount^^  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:18 pm
*is a cableness chibi*

At gamestop, new anime is 50% off! I bought Sailormoon...Ha ha...I want to buy the Love Hina too!  

ChibiTotoro222
Vice Captain

Sakimei

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:44 pm
I go to the library first before spending my money on manga, as well. ^.^ I read the first volume of Alice 19th, a volume of Oh My Goddess!, a volume of Inuyasha, and 7 volumes of the Marmalade Boy series in my local library! I bought the 8th one, because I wanted the last one to be special. Actually, my sister and I split expenses. I go to Barnes and Nobles to read manga. >_> It's a pretty big store, so I don't have to worry about being caught sitting on the carpet just reading the manga with no intention of buying it. Read, put back, pull out a new manga, read, put back, check watch, walk out as if nothing interested me. whee It all works. =3 I buy most of my manga from Waldenbooks, because they have tons of manga series in stock! Unfortunately, though, the store keepers can see me if I purchase any manga or if I just read, put back, and leave, so I can't get away with that in the store. But they're really lenient on this little girl who always goes to the shelves, picks out an Angel Sanctuary volume, sits on the shelves, and reads. x_X  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:00 pm
Well, our library doesn't have any manga (that I know of anyway), and our school has like one Fruits Basket...which I already own. I think I've spent... roughly $360 on manga and...ok a little more because of an Inuyasha dvd. Buuut... Some of them were bought with other people's money.. 2 or 3 I'm guessing. Of course I bought everthing over a time of 2 or 3 years... But I never knew I would've spent that much. Yikes. Oh well, it's worth the money!  

XSapphieX

Azrael the Mad
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:55 pm
Proverb for the day by Azzy: "Show me an Otaku with pockets full...and I'll show you a fan who AIN'T BUYIN' ENOUGH." xd (quote taken from an issue of Newtype I have lying around)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:28 pm
Oooh. Well so far, counting everything I have as of this moment, I've spent around $300 plus.  

Dariram
Crew

exPANDAbilities

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:34 pm
I am terrible. I'm always broke so I never have any money to spend. stare  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:36 pm
3DVDs i got for free, some cards probably i dunno how much. anime stuff cost alot  

Roviel

Dariram
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:44 pm
Sorrow-Ex
I am terrible. I'm always broke so I never have any money to spend. stare

So am I, when I get money is ANIME time...and then, my brother gives me money, becuase he likes whatever I buy. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:58 pm
YOu guys don't even wanna KNOW what I spend... One time I even went into debt for a boxset...  

Azrael the Mad
Crew

Rae-kun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:29 pm
MadAzrael
YOu guys don't even wanna KNOW what I spend... One time I even went into debt for a boxset...
All I have to say is, never trust me with your money. gonk ..or your credit card. =P I'm just so lucky that parents don't see the bill. ^^;  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:22 am
it depends on how much i have, and where im at... so i cant really say...  

Shugo64

Jhi-Jhi
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:33 am
I've spent over 300$ so far, and I'm still planning on spending more. 3nodding  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff