Lady_Threnody

Intellectual Lunatic

10,075 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:33 am
Site Feedback: Can the putting goths down be stop

That is a thread located in the site feedback forum (no it's not a typo they actually wrote the topic that way o_O). I found it to be an interesting read and even responded on the second page. I thought it would be nice to bring it in here for further discussion. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:46 am
Definatly an interesting read. I'll have to come back to it again after I've slept, and perhaps leave few comments of my own. ^_^  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Lady_Threnody

Intellectual Lunatic

10,075 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:15 am
^_^ I added more to it. I added the last paragraph because I felt a need to say more. No one has replied as of yet but sooner or later they will. I asked Dr_lecter1988 to move this thread into the ED subforum since it's more of a discussional thread. Hope you don't mind.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:37 am
Sadly this will most likely get less exposure in the ED subforum, but it is a good place for it overall.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Lady_Threnody

Intellectual Lunatic

10,075 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:32 pm
I figured as much but never-the-less, this is the logical place to put it. Makes more sense to put it here than the main forum. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:56 pm
I left a comment. Threads like that are really silly.  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

TheFallenDark

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:32 pm
i saw alot of ppl bashing goths and emo on the first page so i just quit reading no sense in arguing with a person with no sense  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:55 pm
TheFallenDark
i saw alot of ppl bashing goths and emo on the first page so i just quit reading no sense in arguing with a person with no sense

I pretty much felt the same way. It starts off with a guy, who dosn't even know what poit he is trying to get across. Then its followed by a bunch of people that don't know much about goth and Emo's any way.

I really just don't care about crap like this any more. I stated it pretty well in my comment I left. There just flammers and I got cold water waiting for them.  

darkXmoon

MysteryCross

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:26 pm
I agree. I didn't really care what they thought of me and other goths.... All that mattered was they had their opinions and they have the right to express them. But still, they didn't have to go and hurt our feelings, ya know? I agree with darkxmoon, they're all jus flamers.... stare  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:45 am
All I have to say is its sad what the world is comeing to. To where we attack eachother over small titles.... We all need to open our eyes and actually see we are all just people trying to get by and trying to find ourselves in this world. Why can't people just take people for people?  

SelenX

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:44 pm
my parents hate me for what i am, goth. they fail to see beyond stereotypes and even when i try to show them the turn away...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:33 pm
Although the original intent of the thread was to help end discrimination against Goths on gaia, the actual responses to it are more discriminatory than most.  

GilAskan
Crew

mee_shee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:36 pm
Yea, it sux.

But, just tell people to go skrew a tree and blow a horse.

If they want to be crackwhores, we'll just let them make fools of themselves.

Then laugh in their faces when karma kicks in it's beautiful powers.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:39 am
mee_shee
Yea, it sux.

But, just tell people to go skrew a tree and blow a horse.

If they want to be crackwhores, we'll just let them make fools of themselves.

Then laugh in their faces when karma kicks in it's beautiful powers.

Totally agree with this, jus b/c Goths are dark, depressed, and some misunderstood and frighteningly evil, doesn't mean that they get to judge us by our personalities and different characters........ talk2hand

For example: Preps; they are all scanks, whores, and such. Why, u ask? B/c they mis-judge us in a way that the mind defines as "racisim", jus not by the kind of species we are but by our appearences and hobbies. We do the same; the are rich snobs who don't deserve anything in their lives. The ppl who have NeVeR worked a single day in their lives w/out coaxing someone else to do it for them. Why should we stand back and watch but do nothing about this?? 0o? neutral

The times these events are at their worst are high school; yes, the time for all of our teenage glorys to be fulfilled. Once Senior yr comes around, they go behind our backs and cause our future to be "uncertain"; to be doubtful of our own abilities and statistics....... stare

I tell you my fellow comrads, how far will we let this go??? 0o??? emo
[steps down from soapbox]  

MysteryCross

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:52 pm