Welcome to Gaia! ::

Coffee Stains & Crumpled Paper -- A Writers Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for writers of all kinds. 

Tags: writing, prose, poetry, writers, reading 

Reply Novels/Novellas
Just Another Bible Story (Title Still Under Construction)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think?
  Great!
  Good but could be better..
  Needs a lot of work..
  No...just stop while your ahead
  Me thinks of money!
View Results

Wolfen Princess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:32 pm
~CHAPTER ONE~

A robed figure stood outside the window of New York City’s least known toy shop, where a small, mechanical dog barked behind the glass, turning flips every few seconds and barking again. Though it was obviously meant to attract customers, the toy was only able to reach one man out of the thousands that walked the city sidewalk. Yet, oblivious to all this, the dog barked on, continuing to turn back flips in the toy store window.

The figure was odd himself, approaching six feet tall, thin, and clothed in a black, long sleeved robe. White buttons ran down his front, each a beautifully carved rose blossom, each different enough to be handmade. The sleeves of the robe reached far past his hands, hanging just a foot above the sidewalk and a gleaming white mask hid his face. As if to lend some contrast to the black and white attire, his hair was dyed a bright blue, hanging on his shoulders in thick curls.

The man seemed to sense the toy’s movements, his head nodding in time to the dog’s jump, though his mask had no eyeholes. This was his only movement. Whether it had been minutes or days since he’d first paused at the window, he couldn’t remember, entranced as he was.

Another figure, this one female, approached the first. Though they were dressed in the same long robe, this one was a bubble gum pink, matching her equally pink hair. The woman wore no mask and her face showed an annoyance that came from years with the annoying. With a sigh, she walked up to the window, standing just behind her blue haired counterpart.

“Genesis,” she spoke in a low alto that contrasted with her lithe frame, “it’s time to leave.” Despite her words, neither of them made any move to suggest a departure, both watching the small toy. Minutes passed before Genesis spoke, each word slow and thoughtful, as if spoken by a small child.

“Eve,” he paused, considering his words before continuing. “Do you think she will let me have it?” He finished, nodding towards the glass.

With another sigh, Eve reached out and pressed a bare hand to the display window, where it slid through the glass as though it wasn’t there. No one passing by saw the action so no one stopped her when she dropped the toy in Genesis’s hands.

“Here, you don’t need to ask her about every little thing. That’s how she gets annoyed so easily.” Genesis grabbed the toy as she spoke, holding it in sleeved hands as she shook her head. “Now are you happy, because we really must go,” she asked.

With a nod from Genesis, the couple took one step back from the window, and disappeared.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:10 pm
It was a bit different. I can't see where the story is going from here, so I want to read on and see what comes next. I can't place an opinion just yet, but it did interest me. I am also writing a book with- well, religious references, but it's not based on the Bible, though one of the characters is called a biblical term until he remembers his name.  

Writer Selbe

Invisible Conversationalist

Novels/Novellas

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces