Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
This one wishes to improve

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kari_Ignisha

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:25 pm

A little about me. whee (or a lot lol)
Born in Canada, i have 4 cat,
sweatdrop and side note i am dyslexia. so there might be a few minor spelling grammar.
I bin drawing since i could hold a pencil.

love sport and reading comic books, and working on computer, fixing them up and that sort of stuff. and of course playing video games.
i have not bin to an art school, the only art class i took was when i was 7 year old and stop 2 week after hating it.

but so now days,
i bin working with photoshop for 3 years now and still improving with color
and i just recently got a tablet!

well i think i said to much redface i'm looking foreword to improve even more!!

thing i wish to improve are on the face expression, body shape and clothing layers and color shade (or other ting that i don't notice that i need to improve on)

place i upload my art at are: (pleas don't uplode my art anywhere ells)
Deviantart
mangabullet
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:11 pm

Heya! If you want some help with facial expressions, my idol Scott McCloud made something that actually generates expressions- you can even download it! Scott McCloud <3 heart
If you plan on making comics, I highly suggest his books, at the very least his book Making Comics . It's so much more helpful than I can ever be OTL.
Just glancing at your DeviantArt gallery, I think expressions and the tapering of the chin may be your weakest points, but everything else looks nice. There are some basic anatomy problems, but hey, even professionals mess up that sometimes XD
Anatomy is probably the second most important thing in art about living subjects. The most important thing in any kind of art is the motivation, and as long as that's good and your art makes you happy, you have nothing to worry about heart

~FergiGirl~

kari_Ignisha

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:52 pm

thank for the awesome post. And i'll looking into the making comics book he has.

3nodding chin weakest point? thought so but was not that sure....i erase a lot in that spot not sure if it to long or to short etc...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:32 pm

<3 You're welcome.
I still have some problems with the chin, but as long you don't draw too dark, you should be able to fix any problems easily.

~FergiGirl~

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff