Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
Fundraising Committee! Current Discussion=Setting Up Raffle Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:03 am
User Image

User Image

Captain: jessieomer
Captain: Psycho Sabs
Coordinator: hellogoodbyetoday
Coordinator: AGCourtney
Coordinator: MiKiHaRaNaRa
Coordinator: Whimsical Rhetoric
Coordinator: Nymph of Spring
Coordinator: Ai Enma of Hell
Coordinator: Fancy Green Tree
Coordinator: IPod Crack
Coordinator: VampMiyu
Coordinator: Luna Verto

Even though our list is full? We still would love help or donations to make this ball possible.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:05 am
User Image

Okay guys! As you can see, this is where we are tracking our progress made in earning up the funds to make the 8th Annual Ball work.

Our goal - as stated above- is 5 million gold. Talk about a lot of gold right! Well, this is the bare minimum. in reality we want to earn more than that but with what we were told, 5 million is just fine for getting the job done

We are 1,742,801 GOLD away from our GOAL! or 1,339,500 gold if we count our items!

Break Down Explanation
The mule contains 3,257,199g in pure gold, and 403,221g in items

Costs of the Ball so far:
For Contests, bbA estimates 114k to be used. She is going to donate 15k, roughly, and a few mild expensive items, yokais treasure = 25k, black ops gear = 29k, scarlet sprite = 27k . So in all she needs about 99k in pure gold alone, left for pure gold for people to donate. Thank you stupidpsycho for donating the amount needed!

She does have 81k value in items that have been donated to the mule to use for contests also.  

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:12 am
User Image

First order of business is to start planning on what we want our main fund-raising making area to be. I want this to be done relatively soon because that's all the more to getting the gold as fast as we can.

Second order: Sponsors of the Ball! This was brought in the brain storming topics and was considered to be a good idea. I really want this to go through but I want to set limitations on it. I figured people who order 25k-99.99/k will get a small button, where as if you donate 100-499.99k to get a medium banner and those who donate about 500k will get a relatively big banner to be noticed as part of the guild. If there are people who oppose this please post in the thread.

These will be handled in no particular order, although the most important one is the first order of business.

RESOLVED ORDERS OF BUSINESS (if you want to bring these back up just post about them)

First old order of business is to contact the Annual Ball Mule, and see how much money has already been donated to be allocated for the 5 million gold goal. Without this information we are regarded as absolutely clueless. Sabs said she would look in the mule, but that we may have about 1 million gold in there

Second old order of Business: The Mule. Since we are the fund raising committee, I think it would be nice if I had access to the mule so I could see how much funds we have in there. It kind of seems rather taxing to try and contact Sabs every day to check on the funds. Also it would make our quest tracking much more proficient. If Sabs does not like this idea, it is no problem for me, I will just contact her about the mules gold every day. xD. Trust me, I promise not to mess with anything else except the funding. I will not buy or trade or anything, just check the gold amount, log it and then log off. Thoughts?
I have spoken to Sabs and she politely declined to share the mules password, which I very understand, but said to contact her whenever we need the current standings for funds!

Third old Order of Business: Second Gone Fishin' Social! The first one worked out fantastic, and I would love to set up a second one. I think we should hold these annually because booty grab is a great way to wrack in the cash. Granted I wasn't there for the first one because of well thing I will so be there for the second one or third or however many we do end up having! I think since this Saturday is a meebo chatroom meeting I will bring it up and see the general response.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:20 am
User Image

Don't forget to attend any meeting in the meebo chat room! We love feedback on any account.

The meebo chatroom that i see the committee's using is http://www.meebo.com/room/8thannualball/.

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:36 am
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:54 am
Great Links to Amass gold in Booty Grab
Below You will find a list of links where you can go and get great booty grab results. This is for anyone who just wants to donate to the guild. We here will provide the means to amass gold for you guys, and expect this to be updated whenever someone finds a good place.

Booty Grabbers Dream 2
70 Full Dolphin Tanks
Dolphin Land
Booty Grab Mega Site

Other Important Crap
Okay guys. I would love to chat with all our coordinators, and anyone else in the guild about what our main fund-raising point will be.! This will not be the seasonal things, like the Halloween Contest that is being planned, this will be the thing that runs 24/7, 365 days or until the ball starts. Even then it will probably go on during the ball to help amass funds for next year!

In the Community Hub, I have posted a topic that holds a brainstorming session I have done. I would Love for you all to look at it, contribute ideas, and be all around helpful!

Brainstorming for the 8th Annual Ball

NEW
Well. Lets plan for a raffle. Blissy has asked us to make a raffle and we want to please her. We are going to put it in the lotto forum, of course. But we have to get the details down.

Ticket Cost
Jackpot bereakdown percentage (as in how much will go to us and how much will go to the winner) - This will then decide how much money the Jackpot is, you know like 50k or whatever.
How much tickets will be sold
How many rounds we will go

And anything else a raffle holds.

I'll have to do a bit of research on this, but hopefully I can get everything sorted out and all that.

And also, we would love to get some affiliates for the raffle, seeing as it will be a big deal.  

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50

Brennan096

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:27 pm
I know this is not very formal. I would like to apply for captain because i am a hard worker and i have some great ideas for the fund raising. I am a good team player and i will always stay on task. This event has been a very important part of my life on gaia. I think that we have had many previous flaws in our fund raising until now because i know a surefire way to do it. I think that this is an important committee and PM to hear my ideas. Please and thank you.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:28 pm
i'd love to help and plz tell how i can do it?  

nmgs44

SungjiBear_x

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:35 pm
Yeah, How can I help? biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:49 pm
how can i help fellow gaians  

Xx_Frozen_Poptart_xX

-KittKat027

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:17 pm
I'd like to help out with this also. :')

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:22 pm
Well I would love all ideas and inputs on some of the fund raising projects and orders of business.

We have been setting up a bake sale so maybe pixel food item ideas are appreciated, and we are also making a raffle. And we gladly accept any other ideas for fund-raising. ^.^

Oh and maybe help in some of the fund-raising things, like a bump in a few of the threads and all that. And if you can't seem to do any of these things, the least you could do (or not do) is to just donate.  

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50

Mousse Chocolat
Crew

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:27 pm
I make like 50k a night on grabbing, but I'm a lil' tired of it now, since I've grabbed 200k from it so far. Alas, when I'm up to it, I'll grab some and donate, but make sure y'all do too. Just go to the Aquarium thread, click on a title that has glowing involved, and play! Good tanks usually involve dolphins, lawn sharks, and mini monsters.  
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff