Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Journal

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Manda_Pandaz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:24 pm
Hey there peoples ^_^ I'm Amanda. I've tried keeping a food journal before. I've tried dieting and exercising before. I always give up, usually no more than 2 or 3 weeks after I start trying. I don't want to do that anymore. I want to get healthy long term. I know I'm gonna have a hard time sticking with anything. If anyone wants to chat or text I'd love to. We could keep each other motivated =)

Stats
Weight: 150-155ish
Height: 5'9
Goal Weight: 130-135 (or whatever I'm happy with :])

- I know I'm not considered overweight. My bmi is in the healthy range for my height. The thing is my diet is bad as I'm sure this journal will show you. Also I don't exercise on a regular basis. I can barely do a push-up, I can't run a mile, and am all around not that great in terms of physical agility. My body fat percentage was too high last time I checked.

This be me:

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:47 pm
Breakfast
8oz chocolate milk (not actual breakfast I knowz =[ wink

Lunch
5 chicken nuggets/bbq sauce
wheat roll
peaches
8oz low-fat milk
(^icky school food)

Dinner
cheeseburger
mac n cheese
broccoli

Snacks/Randomness
cheddar jack cheez-its (they're so damn delicious D=)
Amp energy drink (caffeine is mah crack-cocaine x])
glass of Pepsi

So dis is pretty much an average day.

Manda_Pandaz

Manda_Pandaz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:43 pm
Sooooo......
I'm really bad at trying to lose weight.
I hate making excuses but I know for a fact I eat when I'm frustrated or depressed. I'm by no means depressed but yesterday I was really frustrated and my food intake was horrible. I've been emotional eating since well ever since I can remember. Food's the one of the few things that makes me feel better when I'm down that people don't yell at me for. I wish I had self control =[ does anyone know where I can get some? Another thing is my boyfriend<3 I love him to death, is trying to fatten me up or something. He's one of those ridiculously skinny kids who can eat whatever he wants and not gain an ounce. He gets after me when I don't eat with him. It doesn't help that he refuses to eat anything other than junk food. Okaies enough excuses for me. Tomorrow will be better....I hope.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:03 pm
Something I've been finding that helps me immensely is eating a very hearty healthy breakfast. Like, usually I eat steel cut oatmeal with raisins in it (for tasty) and hemp hearts (like, 3 tbsp) and a tablespoon or more of flax seeds. It's the best start to your day and it really works.

They say on the jar that hemp hearts if you eat them for breakfast will leave you feeling fewer cravings for sugar and snacks, it's actually true.

Try eating a very healthy dense breakfast (I don't mean bacon and sausages)  

Tandahda
Crew

Manda_Pandaz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:04 pm
Thank you for the advice ^_^

Breakfast
apple
small muffin

Lunch
small salad with chicken
raspberry vinaigrette dressing
sandwich

Dinner

brown rice
chicken stir-fry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:28 am
It's great that you've already made the switch to brown rice. I swear I lost like 5 pounds just for making the switch! (then again I'm a rice queen.  

Tandahda
Crew

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces