Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Titanium needs his art ripped to shreds, please. (UPDATED) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Titanium Spork

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:21 pm
Shh. I can be both a mentor and a mentee.

But, yeah, I've been doing this for almost 2 years, a couple of highschool art classes, courses in sequential art and still lifes, and a hell of a lot of internet research.

Most of my art is here.

Here's a couple of doodles to get you started. xy
Sizes are pretty big, but that's just cause of how many drawings there are. (Don't worry, there are no eyes that take up your whole screen)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:57 pm
Okay
*cracks knuckles and preps for some rippin*

naww~ I have nothing constructive (or specific) to say TAT
Just that keep doing what you're doing. I like the direction you're going and there are marked improvements in each piece.

thoroughly enjoyed your insomniac chibis

keep up the good work and keep practicing and challenging yourself!  

Crimple

The Titanium Spork

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:14 am
Thank you, Crimple <3.

The insomniac chibis? That's what happens when you expose yourself to way too much Jhonen Vasquez and have slept about 2 hours in the past 3 days. They are fun to do.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:44 pm
I like your style, but I can see a few of the same errors showing up in your work- errors involving anatomy and proportion. Take this one for example: http://theextreme32.deviantart.com/art/But-I-Didn-t-Do-it-Atticus-117409842
her head is a little larger than what it probably should be, and her shoulders are bit off. I really like this one though, http://theextreme32.deviantart.com/art/Breathe-129532118 , even though it has a bleed or two, and in this one
http://theextreme32.deviantart.com/art/Sniffle-115844200 you did a really nice hand, though one of the nails look like it is in the wrong place.
Just keep practicing drawing the world around you 3nodding
Random thought, but for some reason your art makes me think of Le Petit Prince >w< an adorable but kinda sad little book I read in my French 3 class  

~FergiGirl~

The Titanium Spork

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:15 pm
Thank you kindly <3.
I did most of the breathe one on a plane, but you're right, I need to be neater with my watercolors.
... I've heard of Le Petit Prince. I want to read it now.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:27 pm
The Titanium Spork
Thank you kindly <3.
I did most of the breathe one on a plane, but you're right, I need to be neater with my watercolors.
... I've heard of Le Petit Prince. I want to read it now.
READ IT <3. The ending confuses me because the way the author writes it, it can be taken in two or three different meanings. Oh, and it's better in French, because of the way some things just don't translate well, you know?

*getting off topic >.>*

You're very welcome 3nodding , and I myself need to learn to be neater with watercolors ;D I get it everywhere  

~FergiGirl~

The Titanium Spork

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:32 pm
Well, I speak pretty decent French, so, armed with a dictionary I should be able to. I get what you mean, though. I speak quite a few languages, so I understand how some concepts and figures of speech don't cross the language barrier well.

Watercolors are just one of those things that are practically impossible to do a neat job with.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:59 am
Hii again! I saw you new drawing on DA so I popped right over to drop in my opinion <3 We're talking about the loveable Mr. Tumnus (nuuu?)

It's great to see your lines becoming more clean and fluid. And the background fits in perfectly.

Lengthwise, the figure is very well done! He has the proportions of an adolescent boy. I think you can still add more mass to his arms and enlarge his chest cavity without sacrificing his slender figure. And perhaps have more slope to his shoulders too?

He is indeed a cutie. Love the coy expression!

Here's a random googled ref of what I'm talking about

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Crimple

The Titanium Spork

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:21 am
Awesome, thank you.

I shall flesh him out a bit more when (and if) I get round to finishing it <3.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:02 pm
New stuffs!
Finished Drawing. Crappy doodle (based off of a The Spill Canvas song). WIP (which I forgot to flesh out properly. Damn).  

The Titanium Spork

ampthetv

Stubborn Gearhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:00 pm
hm, well i'll start with the finished drawing...
its very very messy looking, and looks like it got smudged bad (though i dont know if that is what you were going for)

the 'crappy doodle' isnt that crappy, but the anatomy is waaay off
(i wont get too much into it since its just a doodle)

as for the WIP, well its nice, but you draw your people very very thin
you put a lot of detail into the neck and face, but as i go down the body it seems like the rest is pretty simple

also, the neck should be shortened and the legs should be longer
perhaps start the fur line closer to the bellybutton if you dont want to redo the whole thing

and while i'm no hoof expert, i think they should jut forward a bit more
(they seem a tad small in proportion to the rest of the body)

last thing i wanna comment on is the face
its a bit lopsided, and both of the horns arnt quite in the same perspective...
also the eyes are not on the same perspective of the face (while the face is tilted, the eyes arnt)

wow i typed up a lot...
and if something i said dosent make any sense, i can do a redline for you
(if you want)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:35 pm
Thank you kindly~
I pretty much get all of your criticisms, which makes me happy, but a redline would still be amazing if you have the time.  

The Titanium Spork

ampthetv

Stubborn Gearhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:54 am
i'm so relieved that you got it sweatdrop
(i'm not one to give critiques often)

and its not problem, i whipped up a redline
pardon the messyness of it, my tablet was acting up while i was making it

hope this helps

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:38 am
Thank you ever so much <3  

The Titanium Spork