Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
Anime=Is it really healthy??? WHY YES IT IS!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AmberCoated

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:39 pm
I want to know if Im the only one who has this problem. Has any anime just seriously made you exremely mad and you have to stop watching it for a bit or have to stop watching it period??? I have this probem, especially when people die... ninja Shall kill Takada...

P.S. Do you think Anime has affected your life in a positive way??

Also, What are your Anime pet peeves?

Mine, Are when something that has been planned for weeks is supposed to happen, then it doesn't, in an Anime

Or when people are like "I LOVE ANIME" But they really don't.

OR WHEN PEOPLE COSPLAY!! And they don't ACT like the charactor.. ugh it drives me crazy I SHALL GET MY FRYING PAN!! twisted  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:38 am
Honored to be the first one to reply, I can't give a straight yes or no, I have some anime such as Higurashi No Koroni that I think may mentally disturb me in many ways, but that being said, I've also gotten alot of positive messages and many rolemodels through anime, usually the hero of the story.  

DrakeRR

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:43 am
I seem to gain and lose interest in anime easily. It is manga that has always been constant in my fandom. My interest in anime depends mainly on what the new season looks like and if anything looks interesting. I have become a lot pickier in my fandom these past years.

As for how it reflects upon my normal life... not really but it does make an impact on my budget. I do try to allocate money over for my hobbies.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:53 am
Hello. My name is Ali, and I am an anime addict.
Other members: "Hi, Ali."
I believe that anime has indeed made a positive impact of my life. It has helped me make a lot more friends, and it has also opened my mind to the beauty of the Japanese culture. On top of that, it has improved my creativity by a huge percentage. I was already massively creative, but anime has managed to stretch my imagination even further!! biggrin
I am increasingly glad to be an anime addict, and proud to stand up in the middle of a mixed crowd and shout "I LOVE ANIME!!" blaugh 4laugh heart  

RegalWolfyFox

RegalWolfyFox

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:58 am
One thing that makes me really mad about anime is when there's a great, adorable anime couple, usually with the main character, and suddenly some other guy or chick pops up and is rubbing themselves all over the main character's partner, like "Oh, you should be with ME. We'd make such a great couple." I especially hate it when the villain does that, and they make up all this s**t about how the main character is the one hurting the love interest, like in Princess Tutu. That makes me wish the character pulling the crap was real, simply so I could kick his or her a** up and down the street. stressed  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:10 am
Most of the time I cry when a meaningful character/meaningful characters die/dies. Like in Wolf's Rain, I cried. Same in Full Metal Alchemist. So sad crying

However when something good happens, I'm just like "Good For You"

There are some parts though where it just gets annoying and the I get mad. Like when a guy character has the hots for every single woman even though they are enemies. Or when a girl creature robot thing believes that they can no longer fight for the cause, but they totally can and they are just being whinny. SOOOOO lame, just get up and fight or something. stare  

Vaknar21

Loki god of BS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:01 am
Anime helped my answer a question on a test once, it was how I remembered the definition of a word. It mostly gives me something to do I have to spend a lot of time alone at home bored or doing a repetitive chore
But Elfen Lied....I think I may need therapy again after finishing that.
It didn't help I'd be watching it after midnight, I must have been loony or something, when it was finally over I had to recover from shock and convince my self it wasn't real...I just empathized with the characters. I felt like I experienced everything first hand. I had to finish the story was just too...AMAZING! Depressed person+ depressing anime= not so great of an effect.
You can actually get some interesting philosophical point of view from some anime.
I have something against anime girls though....they scare me or the annoy me mostly. I hate the stereotypical characters though. I hate fan pairings, especially when the show has no romance. If there's a couple in an anime then great but, don't force it.
And I REAAALLLLY hate girls with enormous chests especially when they are young.  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games