Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:12 pm
Someone had in a way talked her into this bullshit, which left her doing a paper, honestly this was annoying, really so somehow this left her in a park, of course, she loved the swings. So maybe swings weren't the best place to work on a collage paper, but if anyone needed to find her it wasn't hard, after all she was often hanging out there if not at work. It had been a little over an hour before she got truly frustrated and honestly growled, snapping closed a text book and hurling it across the dark playground. A pencil and notebook followed, not flying quiet as far, didn't stop her from glaring at the offending materials.

So maybe that wasn't going to help Kalika with her paper, a paper that was due tomorrow, and honestly she couldn't be late with another assignment, so another huff she stood to retrieve the stuff. Of course cursing the whole way as the bent down to grab the notebook, not sure were the pencil went, but she had another. And maybe she looked at the textbook like she wanted to shoot it rather than pick it back up, shooting things was easier then looking up s**t though. Rolling her eyes she picked up up, light showing the cover for a moment, 'Advanced Physiology' before she tucked it under her arm and headed back for 'her' swing. Mumbling all the way about guilt trips and stupid teachers.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:11 pm
When the textbook came rattling and crashing into the bushes, startling the gently snoring man who had been pleasantly passed out in the foliage a few feet away. Snorting, he sat suddenly upright, looking around in the darkness for whatever had awakened him. He had a head full of long dark hair, a beard clipped close to his jawline, and a wide-brimmed hat that had obviously been placed over his face while sleeping, and now sat comically low over his eyes.

Then the buzz of another Immortal washed over his senses. "Wha..."  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:13 pm
After spending a busy day getting the details of his new air freight business organized, the Immortal known as Gaston Marceau (or Etienne Theriot if you check his newly fabricated ID) figures he deserves to have a lazy, meandering walk back to MacLeod's loft for the night.

Besides, he hasn't gotten around to buying himself a new car yet.

Meanwhile, has wanderings take him to and through the park on his way home for the night. He's not really paying too much attention to the goings on around him, beyond being prepared for a possible threat...the benefits of being a retired secret agent. Paranoia is fun.

It is with an arched brow and bemused smile that he catches sight of Kalika throwing her book, paper, and pencil across a playground. As she retrieves the items, Gaston moves in that direction, pausing beside the swings. The buzz registers in the back of his mind...thank God his isn't accompanied by some internal melodramatic orchestra.

"It's kinda dark out here for that sort of thing. You'll strain your eyes and need someone who's already finished Advanced Physiology to keep you from tripping over yourself until kingdom come." His eyes flash to the man coming out of the bushes. "Or tripping over others, for that matter. Stubbed toes are quite irritating."  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:45 am
Maybe she could shoot him, he'd get over it....it was a passing thought at least, so maybe she considered it longer than she should have, but there was a reason she was marked as 'unstable.' Besides that covered that she had tensed slightly, didn't cover that rather automatically fingers brushed along a gun, just becuase she couldn't take it to school didn't mean she simply gave it up, hell no. If it hadn't been for Gaston's glancing she might not have picked out that someone else was near by and would have relaxed more, as it were she dropped the textbook and what not on the ground.

"I can see just fine." Which was true, the park was lit, not in the best of lights, but was illuminated for safety, "Didn't anyone ever tell you sneaking around in the dark is bound to get you shoot?" So maybe that wasn't exactly true when dealing with everyone, but she swore by now everyone had figured out her violent nature.

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:52 am
Gaston snorts. It's been a while, but Kalika's demeanor is easily recognized. The comment about shooting him brings back a fond memory.

---
Mid 1800's
Crystal River Saloon
Colorado Territory

It always irritated Bret Maverick how some people took a game of poker so damned seriously. With feigned fear in his eyes, he looked across the table at someone who had just identified himself as Johnny Hardin. "And...uh...wha-what's your occupation?"

Hardin's cool stare never wavered in Maverick's direction. "I'm a gunfighter."

Maverick nervously adusted his collar. "And, uh...I assume by the fact that you're sitting here playng poker with us...um...that you're pretty good at it, right?"

Hardin's expression never changed. "Care to find out?"

Maverick (the Immortal born Gaston Marceau) barely resisted the urge to roll his eyes at the machismo. Instead, he laughed nervously. "Oh, come on! You're a gunfighter! I'm just here to play poker! Now what POSSIBLE chance could a spineless mule like me have in a gunfight with someone like you? Zero, right?" Suddenly, Gaston's revolver spun out of its holster and was levelled at the center of Hardin's chest before anyone in the saloon registered his hand beginning to move. Hardin's eyes widened in shock and fear as Maverick's suddenly steady and confident voice added. "Absolutely zero."

---

Gaston grins at the memory (Adam would likely say the bit about teasing Hardin by repeatedly bouncing the revolver out of the holster, spinning and aiming it again before Hardin could move was going too far, but it turned out fine in the end) before responding to Kalika. "It might if someone had better reflexes than I do."

It's a pointless gesture, but the memories have put him in a fun mood, so Gaston whips out his Desert Eagle pistol, and in a fluid motion twirls the weapon, draws back the hammer to chamber a round, puts the safety back on, and spins the weapon back into the holster inside his jacket. "They'd have to be pretty fast though."

Although he's sure Kalika doesn't give a damn about the display, Gaston realizes he might be making the Immortal in the bushes nervous. "Besides, I wasn't sneaking. When I sneak, I put on a cheesy moustache and tiptoe between the trees."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:10 am
He was right on that note, his display only got her to roll her eyes, but then showing off was just silly to her, the only helpful thing was now she knew he had at least a gun. Which wasn't too surprising, from what she knew of Gaston it was doubtful he wouldn't have one. "I've gotten better at refraining from..." Well she couldn't say violent becuase that would be a lie, already she'd gotten 'warnings' in school for issues with other students. "Shooting people." Always a good thing with her, she always had been way too trigger happy, so people told her anyway.

"What are you doing out here anyway? Don't you live...somewhere else?" SO maybe she could have asked that in a kinder way, and now she realized that making her again roll her eyes, but didn't bother to fix her words.

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:25 pm
Jake watches the Immortal's deft gun handling from where he sits in the bushes with a tiny bit of trepidation. "If'n ye be tryin' ta impress tha missy wi' that display," he says to Gaston, "I wish ye luck. If'n ye'r doin' it ta impress me -- Bravo!"  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:20 pm
Of course Kalika could have been kinder...but then again, if Gaston lopped the head off everyone he'd met who had the same attitude, he'd have been able to whip the Kurgan with his pinky finger.

"I did live somewhere else, chere." Gaston answers, the tinge of his Cajun accent evident for the first time in months. A fun perk of the new identity. "Den I moved. Startin' a new career an' all."

Gaston gives a good natured laugh Jake's way. Jittery little thing, isn't he? "Nah, if I wanted to impress this one, I'd offer ta be a live target for her marksmanship drills." He pretends to glare Kalika's way. "Don't be gettin' no ideas."  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:43 pm
"Ah new life." Made perfect sense to her, no need to question why, she didn't care and she wasn't that nosy. She did glance to the other immortal, wondering why the world he was in a bush, again not her concern though, besides she was distracted by the rest of Gaston's words. "Aww, but that's a lovely idea, I haven't had a moving target in a few months, to shoot or stab." Sadly true, she had been sparing with Luana, alright getting her a** kicked, for such a short woman she was a good fighter, then she had to up and go on 'vacation'.

"I think I've gone...almost six months without causing bloodshed, well minus breaking some idiots nose, he really shouldn't have flirted with me though, I did warn him." A shrug on that, and a smile, a rather creepy smile at that, but she was good at that.

Moving on from that topic, for now, and pushing her glasses a little farther up her nose as they tended to slide, "So what's your name now then? And bush man, you got a name?" Always good to know who was hanging out around the park like a want-to-be serial murderer.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:58 pm
Jake pushes himself to his feet, brushing off his coat and pulling his brocaded vest smooth. There were bits of leaves and twigs here and there in his long dark hair that he seemed completely unconcerned with as he fought his way out of the clinging bushes.

"Jacob," he grins at Kalika and Gaston, with a flash of white teeth, "Jacob Hawke, but Jake works ev'ry bit as well." Without approaching Kalika, he sweeps his hat from his head and offers a low gallant bow to her. "Miss."  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:44 pm
Gaston shakes his head and chuckles at Kalika's talk of no bloodshed in six months. That's actually a record for her.

"Fool. The trick is to flirt without letting the girl know it's happening." He winks. "More intellectual and creative pursuit that way."

Jacob's introduction draws his attention. "Jake, is it...too tired to make it over to the Super 8, are you?" Gaston returns the introduction with one of his own. "Etienne Theriot at your service."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:34 am
The bow got her to pause a moment before shaking her head, he had to have some age to him if he was the bowing type, no one this day and age did such, even as mockery. Passing that by she committed his name to memory with a small nod of her head, her form of bowing at least, later she might, if she wasn't feeling lazy, find some info on him, maybe.

The name Gaston recently chose got her to shake her head, "Alrighty then, went for different." Again no matter of her's, didn't mean she wouldn't comment of course. "Went for a French name, weirdo." Slightly joking there, possibly, it was hard to tell, she normally seemed amused. Didn't make another comment on the whole flirting indecent though, or that she was strangly proud of herself for her lack of violence lately.

A soft sigh, she supposed she could be kind and give her name to Jacob, he had after all. "Since we're apparently giving first and last names, Kalika Hellfires, or just Kali as half the people had taken to referring to me as."

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:51 am
"That's because I AM French...well, Creole, technically, since I was born in the Colonies." Maybe Gaston should refer to his accent as Creole rather than Cajun in future narratives...or maybe not...you all know what he sounds like.

Anyway...

Gaston assumes Kalika is joking, since she rarely is serious when not trying to kill someone at the same time. "Kali the Destroyer...I honestly can't think of a good reason why you would have earned that nickname." At least it's not hard to tell when Gaston jokes.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:28 am
"Super 8?" Jake chuckles. "Th' park be free lodging, an' 'tis a fine night fer sleepin' under th' stars." He squints skyward. "Well, if I could still see stars. Bloody city lights."

He steps gingerly out of the bushes, pulling his hat off to brush more leaves, twigs, and the occasional bug from his clothes. "Kali th' Destroyer, Etienne th' Creole since we now be fast friends, where might a fellow traveler get a taste o' rum in this town?"  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:49 pm
Rolling her eyes at the whole destoryer part, mostly because it was oddly amusing since it sadly fit her most of the time. "Joe's." Her first answer, go figure, "I work there but its a good place." Kali planced to Gaston, Eteinne, whatever he was goimg by to see if he objected. "On second thought not there, there is a bar not to far from here, three blocks or so, a pub four blocks past that." Sad how she kept track of these things, but by now she knew where everything was by memory.  
Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff