Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
What do you think of Cap. Pike in the new Star Trek movie? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aria Hikari

7,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:24 pm
I think Bruce Greenwood does a really good job as Captain Pike and hopefully this character (which is quite an interesting character) will have a better destiny in the new movies to come than the Pike in the old series.

What is your opinion? ^^

Live long and prosper.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:36 pm
My opinion: Let's Punch it.

He was pretty awesome, actually. Not Rodenberry's character, but close enough.  

Matt Pniewski

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:34 pm
He did a pretty good job.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:28 pm
xXSuperWhateverXx
He did a pretty good job.

he was ok  

Anaithnid Miuil

Swashbuckling Pirate

13,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Frogr1701

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:27 am
He was a good Christopher Pike. His mannerisms were slightly different but still had the stern attitude with just a hint of good humor. But I wonder what you mean by "hopefully this character will have a better destiny in the new movies to come than the Pike in the old series"?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:06 pm
I simply meant that as Pike in the old series suffered alot (and was basically stuck to a wheelchair with nothing but a light to communicate with people) I hope that on this alternate universe they will give the character a chance to have a better destiny than that. ^^  

Aria Hikari

7,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Frogr1701

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:53 pm
Except Spock helped bring him to the Talosians (risking the death penalty) where he was able to live the rest of his life free of his handicap thanks to the power of their illusions. He lived happily on the world where he had left his heart with a woman and where blue leaves sing. In the Prime Universe Pike had a distinguished service record aboard the Enterprise of at least 11 years. The new Pike's tenure aboard the Enterprise barely lasted a day before it was given to Kirk (and somehow still ended up in the wheelchair).

I do agree though: I am very much interested in knowing what happens to this Pike in this new universe.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:33 pm
It is interesting to think about the fates of the characters in this new time-line. For example -gasp- what if Picard had never been born!? Unfortunately, no matter how much things have changed in the Star Trek Universe, "Enterprise" still happened. sad  

MasterfulChaos

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

Rainbow-potato
Crew

Hygienic Fairy

6,950 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:53 pm
He was pretty good I'd have to say.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:47 pm
Ridley Wolf
It is interesting to think about the fates of the characters in this new time-line. For example -gasp- what if Picard had never been born!? Unfortunately, no matter how much things have changed in the Star Trek Universe, "Enterprise" still happened. sad

Well for one thing they've all managed to meet up much, much sooner than they would have in the Prime Universe. The new Enterprise began it's maiden voyage 13 years behind it's Prime counterpart. (I wonder where Robert April is right now?) An Ensign Kirk never served aboard the Republic (NCC-1371) with Ben Finney. And a young Lieutenant Kirk never came to be, never serving as a tactical officer aboard a different Farragut (NCC-1647), and never faced the dikironium cloud creature on Tycho IV, an encounter which would have haunted him for 11 years.

Haha. C'mon now it wasn't all THAT bad. But I do understand where you're coming from. Apparently the developers of Star Trek: Online have decided to can anything that came out of Enterprise (as evidenced by their use of the "Raptor" design as a "newer" starship).  

Frogr1701

jinx_at_luv

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:19 pm
Frankly i kinda like the 'newer' Pike. He was way more badass. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:37 pm
I also think that! XD

Bruce Greenwood is known for playing really good leader parts; he was definitly the best actor to play Pike. ^^  

Aria Hikari

7,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Lavendar L.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:07 am
I like him, but I'm thinkin that they're going to be moving away from Pike in the next movie since the captainship has already been passed.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:20 pm
I still hope that he has even if only a small part in the next movie. He`s a good character. ^^

Maybe since Kirk became Captain of the Enterprise at a younger age now he needs some kind of mentor!!! whee  

Aria Hikari

7,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Nesting Comments

8,600 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:14 pm
I loved Captain Pike. Seriously, he was awesome.

Originally I loved the ending of the movie, with him at Kirk's promotion looking all proud and stuff. Then I thought about it more and realized it was really, really depressing. I mean, he'd probably been watching the Enterprise get built and looking forward to running it, then he gets stuck on Earth as a paper pusher. Damn. I can't imagine he was thrilled with that.

Then I found out what happened to the original Pike and omg, nu!Pike was so lucky! Thank you Abrams. I mean, tos!Pike had it rough and seriously, I don't care who you are, who is happy living in an illusion? Surely not River frickin' Song.

"I love you all, even though you're not real." Seriously, fail.  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff