Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Body art; Tattoos? Would you ever ink someone or get one?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mascarpone pudding

Conservative Millionaire

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:20 pm
I got my first tattoo the other day, Pacman because he is legit enough to be on my wrist foreber, and the thought ran across my mind "Why don't people see the art and talent it takes to draw up tattoos?"

A lot of people asked me afterwards "Did he use a stencil or what?" But no, he drew it out, just like the rest of them.

Would you ever get a tattoo?

Do you believe its a form of art?

Would you ever like to ink someone up?

I know I would 4laugh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:46 am
User ImageI would defintyl get one and ink some one up lol  

The_Beautiful_Kat_Katrina

Timid Hunter

4,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Laila Izuka

Agile Paladin

13,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Firestarter 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:53 am
I may or not get a tattoo, I'm not sure if I want something to be inked on my body for the rest of my life (and I hear removing the tattoo hurts like five times as much). But I see tattoos as a form of art, and it is. It takes a lot of skill to design the tattoo on paper, and then add it to the person's body, and then ink it. You have to have a very steady hand, and have to know exactly what you are doing. The colors and shading have to be perfect. And you have to understand there isn't an eraser to erase a mistake. My mom told me that I should become a tattoo artist. I personally don't want to do that (have you seen some places where people ask to get tattoos at???). There is also the fact that I have a pretty unsteady hand, and make a lot of mistakes. I'd prefer to stick with becoming an anime artist or photographer :3  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:15 pm
I don't know if I would ever get a tattoo, though I've come up with a few designs that I really like and I keep coming up with more.

Being that I design tattoos for fun and for a few commissions, of course I think it's an art. I play around with tribal and similar inspired designs, personally, and I've had to look around and study other tribal artwork to learn how to do it for myself. :3

I dunno if I would ever ink someone else. I've been told my hands are pretty steady (I did detail work on Warhammer models for my fiance and his friend, and those are little suckers.), but I wouldn't feel comfortable putting something demi-permanent on someone's skin.  

Eizoryu

FrozenVendetta

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:29 pm
Coolio. I've wanted to get a tattoo of three crosses on my wrist, with one in the foreground larger than the other two, or a Jesus Fish.

Of course it's art! As you said, alot of work goes into tattoos, and the discipline it takes to handle the needle is just amazing.

I don't think I'd let anyone trust me to ink them, considering I have annoyingly shaky hands... sweatdrop They'd probably end up with a mass of crappy lines going everywhich way.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:33 pm
I've done many henna tattoos but I've always wanted to do the real thing on someone. Although all my friends find it nerving picturing me with something that has the possibility of being a weapon they think that I would be an amazing tattoo artist.

And of course its an art! It takes a lot of talent to create beauty on a living form without messing up. I know when I'm older I will be subjecting myself as a canvas for someone heheh. And hopefully once I get a proper tattooing kit people will let me draw on them. ♥

ll-LovelyInsanity-ll

ElemenTalia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:12 pm
I don't really know. I never want to get a tattoo; frankly I just don't find them attractive. Besides which, think about what will happen when you get old and saggy. Then you'll just have a mass of ink....

Other then actually having a tattoo, I don't know.... I like the pictures for tattoo's, but not on an actual person.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:14 am
Yes it is a form of art. It's probably one of the hardest. I'm most likely going to get a tattoo one day and if I had enough talent I would definately ink someone up.  

X-Keila-X

IRL Fairy

10,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
Gaian Art Mentors

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items