Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Roleplaying
should they make The World Game?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

deathwalker 9000

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:52 pm
yes i think they should make the world game and the technology is out there
example: a game using a thought machine to play it as well, as the foward mounded display, plus a microphone and what do you get the headwear for the game which can be made nowadays.

all there is missing is the game server/data

if you agree on this matter speak up  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:14 am
(This is in the Roleplaying Subforum eek )

spcFor some reason, the three words "Make, The World, Game" seemed like an interesting place to venture. Upon entering the location, Crow finds himself in an empty white room with repeated texts along the walls and the flooring.
spc"Where the hell am I?" He thought. He scanned the environment and came across the only lively looking character in the field. Obviously, this spellcaster was the source of the text embedded all over the room.
spcIt had been 2 long minutes of poking and nomming on this character that Crow finally decided to just acknowledge the words he was muttering as to get some type of better response.

...i think they should make the world game... the technology is out there

spcSpoken like a true .hack fan, but these thoughts and words did not satisfy the adventure and excitement the Crow had been seeking when he entered the room. In fact, they had little to do with the game at all...

spc"Sigh.. Just another misplaced location in The World.."

spcWith nothing left to do in this abnormal room, Crow left in search of something more rpg'ish.

Merciful.Crow

Ayre_Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:28 am
Just my opinion... The World game... Eh.. If it's anything like the flawed and glitched version in the series, I'm not playing it, You can count me out of any game than runs the risk of going into a coma or having memory loss upon meeting an evil AI NPC or something like that.... sweatdrop

But a game with the technology of it.. Yeah.. that'd be cool. Virtual reality like game-play where you can actually react with people from all around the world. I'm pretty sure it's in the making. Wii's new futuristic headset device has pads that latch onto the surface of your head and can make a character/object in the game move by reading the brainwaves in your head. No controller necessary, just put it on and start the game. Hopefully, that wouldn't be all that's up their sleeve and they'll make something that's completely related to mmo's. Just gotta wait and see.Who knows, maybe the technology may get so good we could play mmorpg's in our sleep, like iD_Entity.. 'iD_Entity is a manga, that's sort of like .hack with relating features of a hi-tek headset.'

Mmm... But even if it all were to come up.. I don't think we'd see such a fancy game like that anytime soon... I probably wouldn't be able to afford it. With so much work needed to be put on so much technology, I doubt the monthly fee would be around $15 USD/mo.

-Wii Headset Hotness-
.:: Lol, do you have to be bald to put that thing on? ::.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:56 am
Actually, there is a game quite like [he World] already up and running -posts the links for the kids-

Phantasy Star Universe Ambitions of Illuminus

This game is for PC, PS2, and Xbox360. All the details on the site involve the online portion of the game, but you can buy the game and just play offline. It is still lots of fun offline, but online is were it really shows it's stuff.  

Xu Chang

HeartSeeker Xion

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:13 pm
User ImageStill, I would like an actual PC game based off .hack//series or Fragment be brought to the USA. crying I mean, I know Japan has to clean up the bugs, but, maybe Bandai/CC Corp2 can help as well. I mean, I would totally play it over WOW Series and Diablo Series. 3nodding Or, just release it as The World. shrugs  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:27 pm
that is what i am saying the people who made fragment stopped all servers before it ever had a chance to make it to America but i will devote everything i have to make the world and the many servers with it and the bugs will be a part of any game it is just how fast it can be fixed but if any of you know anyone interested in helping than we will have a greater chance of making .hack//the world and i even have an idea for random events and lethal bosses  

deathwalker 9000

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff