Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Guardian Angels

Back to Guilds

We are here to serve and protect the honest users of Gaia. 

Tags: hacked, spammed, pfished, botting, problems 

Reply Gaian Guardian Angels
Share your stories.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Rayne Inari
Captain

6,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:30 pm
I encourage people to please share you stories about the problems you have had with hacking and such. I want people to express themselves here, please feel free to rant and rave, but follow the rules I have already set.

~Do not insult your hacker, don't even name them. If your here you know they have been reported and are already on our list.

~If you have not already reported your hacker please do so before continueing.

~Let us know if Gaia has made the effort to get in touch with you about your problems. Possitve feed back is best and it's what we are here for.

~Lastly, please speak intelligently and keep the curseing to a minimum.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
my name is midnight staff i was a hacker victim as of today i am still not able to get into my account if you want to see the damage that was done you can see my old profile. My name was pharoah ti, what happened was i got a message "you have been reported" i looked and it said i was being accused of harrasing and if you know me im the kind of guy who wouldnt hurt a butterfly. so i was first outraged that someone would report me. i looked to make sure it was liget it look like it and it was even by a person called admin as it turned out it was a gia person called admin and i ended up givening my usersname, password, and in the end all of my money and rare objects. dont be nive like me be protected and learn all you can about false staff representations. my name is midnight staff and i was a victim but now i'm informed and my goal is to help you not have the same fate as me so get informed and in doing so be protected!  

midnight staff
Crew

kulta_mintlo

5,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:47 pm
As I stated in a previous topic, I have been the victim of a hacker. What boggles my mind is how it even happened. I never opened any of those stupid chain letters like "MAKE 50k A DAY!" I've always deleted them, and I've never gone to any sites that I don't know what they are. So my attack must have been random! I don't ever give out my pass or email to ANYBODY.

I submitted a hacking report, but have yet to hear back from anyone. I lost 1 mill in items for my avi. I have yet to gain them back, and I don't see myself getting them back either, because I don't think that they can give them back to you. Would be nice if they could though, cause I worked hard, and a charity donated my CoCo kitty which was stolen.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:55 pm
I have fortunately never been hacked (although I know others who have), but have come across many people trying to rip others off and have recently been recieving quite a few chain letters asking to sign up for a bot. Usually they say something like 'Make 50k a Day!'.... lies. I recomend either just deleting the PM's, or opening them and reporting the user.

Hope my feedback was of some use.  

LongTrimmedTree

Lady Rayne Inari
Captain

6,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:19 am
Thank you all for your feedback, anyway we can learn from others is always appreciated.

Personally I have been fortuneate enough not to be hacked, I do get spam from botters ever now and again. Numerous times I have gotten spam from pfishers. At first I just used to delete the mail, till my friend had a problem, she then created a list of the problem people. I am thankful to Ran for helping me start this group, she has been the driving force here. In the past days I have reported about 4 to 5 people.

Looking back I do remember one insident i had about a year ago. I had apparently made someone mad, by hanging out too much with her boyfriend. Her and her friend had apparently planned to somehow have my account banned from Gaia. I didn't find out till that night at some god awful hour of the night. I paniced when a mutal friend told me. I got onto Gaia as fast as I could and created another account, the one you see today. But transfering things over was such a pain, considering you can only tranfer so many things at one time. It took two days but it got done. Later I found out they had said that just to scare me and, from my knowledge, you can't be banned for no good reason.

Later on this girl did admit she was sorry and things moved on, but I know the panic people feel. I hope this group will help all of those who have had to deal with real hacking and scamming. With the help of everyone we can make a change.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:32 pm
I would just like to post to say that I did recieve my items that were stolen from me. I got them back yesterday, out of the blue. I just randomly opened up my inventory to change what I had in my hand, and there I find all of my items, back in their correct spot. <3

Have faith in the mods, cause they can help you!

kulta_mintlo

5,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Lady Rayne Inari
Captain

6,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:55 am
Thanks for the info, I am glad to know things are being done to those who have lost things. Like I said we do have faith in the mods and admins, but no one has come to us with possitive info. We aren't against them in anyway, we just want to help how ever we can!  
Gaian Guardian Angels

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games