Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Lord and Lady of the British Isles

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll?
  Yes please!
  <takes gold and runs>
View Results

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:54 pm
I was reading the Wiccan FAQ today and I came across something that made me go: "Hm...I need the PFRC." Here is the quote that I read:

Gardner
But, so far as I know, these groups generally work with the Egyptian and Greek Gods and Goddesses, and I cannot think that these contacts are as powerful here [Great Britain] as they would be upon their native soil;

What about American Wiccans that are of Gardner's lineage? Wouldn't the Lord and Lady of the British Isles be more powerful in Britain than in America?

As I began researching my path I began to realize that I don't really have any gods only entities from the Land around me. How could I reach a god or entity of Scotland or England or what have you if I have never been there? So, I find entities in my moutainous areas of Montana.

But what of this. Or does it matter because the UK isn't all that far away?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:49 am
Arcanist Angus
I was reading the Wiccan FAQ today and I came across something that made me go: "Hm...I need the PFRC." Here is the quote that I read:

Gardner
But, so far as I know, these groups generally work with the Egyptian and Greek Gods and Goddesses, and I cannot think that these contacts are as powerful here [Great Britain] as they would be upon their native soil;

What about American Wiccans that are of Gardner's lineage? Wouldn't the Lord and Lady of the British Isles be more powerful in Britain than in America?

As I began researching my path I began to realize that I don't really have any gods only entities from the Land around me. How could I reach a god or entity of Scotland or England or what have you if I have never been there? So, I find entities in my moutainous areas of Montana.

Not all deities don't travel. It's usually only those tied by oath, by land or culture etc.
For initiates in the US or for that matter, anywhere, the method of gaining communion with them is via the orthopraxy of Wicca, which is fueled by the ties of lineage created during initiation.  

scorplett

Blessed Regular

6,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:46 pm
scorplett
Arcanist Angus

Gardner

Not all deities don't travel. It's usually only those tied by oath, by land or culture etc.
For initiates in the US or for that matter, anywhere, the method of gaining communion with them is via the orthopraxy of Wicca, which is fueled by the ties of lineage created during initiation.

I see, thank you.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:15 pm
It's been previously discussed that the proper creation of sacred space generates a link within Wica.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff