Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
Bring back Tony Blair!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elemental Avatar Dratini

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:08 am
Guys, ever since Gordon Brown took over as PM, he has made this recession go worse! What do you say? Bring Tony Blair back? I think so.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:18 am
Shouldn't we be, y'know....trying to move forward?  

Invictus_88
Captain

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:14 pm
gordon brown isn't making the reccession worse, it's getting worse all by itself.

tony blair ought to be on trial as a war criminal and so should george bush.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:35 pm
What I think is that the public tend to be really stupid and this goes for most country's.

It takes TIME to get us to greatness. Most people wait a few weeks/months and then turn against who ever is new in charge because they haven't been able to wave a magic wand and make all problems disappear. It's not their fault, yes they are in charge as a whole but they are not all seeing and can make everything better easily.

Whats worse is how our system works, It takes allot of time (talking years here) to sort out the mess of a country yet before one person has even pulled us above the waterline we remove them and get someone else (because of our stupidity for wanting everything NOW) which again plunges us because that person has to almost restart relationships and their views may not be the same at all as the previous one. It's take two steps forward and three steps back.

The recession is no individuals fault, It's from lots of things combining together setting of events that make it happen. As far as I'm concerned it's pretty much a part of our nature, Something that happens every so often like a purge. It's just about getting through it and out the other side. Hopefully as a country we will learn a lesson to avoid another one being as bad as this one is  

Morality Turmoil

StudioGilliam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:00 am
village midget
gordon brown isn't making the reccession worse, it's getting worse all by itself.

tony blair ought to be on trial as a war criminal and so should george bush.

Agreed and agreed. That's twice, y'all.

Tony Blair is a war mongorer and a sh!tbag. He is pure scum, along with Bush.

I'll agree that Brown isn't all that great, but at least he didn't lead us to war and lie to the public.

But then, I really don't want to see David Cameron as our new leader either, which by the looks of things, is what's going to happen this year. I just think he seems a little out of touch.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:06 am
Morality Turmoil
What I think is that the public tend to be really stupid and this goes for most country's.

It takes TIME to get us to greatness...

The recession is no individuals fault...

I agree that it does indeed take a while to make changes. But I don't believe Barack Obama deserved his Peace Prise. He hasn't done anything yet! All I've seen so far is that he wants an American version of the NHS, which is a good thing, I think. But not worthy of a Peace Prise, in my eyes.

Also, while I'm no expert I would put the recession down to war. Britain and America have spent trillions of the Irak war, which was unjustified in the first place. Where do you think all our money's going anyway? Britain, for example still owes a total of a trillion pounds to many other countries and it's because of war.

And unfortunately, this is not a war that will finish for a long, long time...  

StudioGilliam

Garwaire

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:10 am

To be fair, Tony Blair was a good Prime Minister. He lead the country since 1997, through many crisis and problems (don't forget, he also lead Britain into the Kosovo Crisis in the Baltics). He made a bad mistake following the U.S. into the Iraq war.

I know this is a touchy subject. But he did lead us into Afganistan, which was a justified conflict to remove the Taliban.

Still, he was a good leader. Although to be honest, I'm a Tory, so I want Cameron to be voted in.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:28 am
Bring back Tony. With the increasing need to cut spending, we will need his new orange glow to subsidise heating bills.  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games