Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Rude Discussion
Anyone know some good non-famous ska/ska-core/reggae bands? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King Of The Ska
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:59 pm
Make a list. I want to hear something new.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:55 pm
God Of The Ska
Make a list. I want to hear something new.
Hmmmm... I know mostly the famous ones, but I suppose I know some underground ones. ummm....

Three Years Accident Free
Ska Shank Redemption
Skatastrophe

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.  

GIoom
Vice Captain

nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:37 pm
Skanonymous (I'm going to see them next Friday!)
The Skank Agents  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:52 am
Capdown are ska/skacore/hardcore/dub, theyre really good, getting pretty famous in England as they come from London, check out "Civil Disobedients"- its a great album! heart
Ska Gal and the Hands of Ra are great too, theyre a band from Littlehampton, i think (on the south coast of England) and are one of my favorites, theyre really funny, and also very sexy- they have two lead singers, a male and female.
Ye Wiles are ska/folk- they have a fiddle!-again from the suoth east of England, really good, and lots of fun.
I hope this helps, though actually getting hold of Ska Gal and Ye Wiles's album is gonna be pretty hard out of the UK, this is theyre labels website though Killer Ska records
Jonni heart  

girl_no_13

King Of The Ska
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:48 am
Thanks guys.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:47 pm
girl_no_13
Capdown are ska/skacore/hardcore/dub, theyre really good, getting pretty famous in England as they come from London, check out "Civil Disobedients"- its a great album! heart
Ska Gal and the Hands of Ra are great too, theyre a band from Littlehampton, i think (on the south coast of England) and are one of my favorites, theyre really funny, and also very sexy- they have two lead singers, a male and female.
Ye Wiles are ska/folk- they have a fiddle!-again from the suoth east of England, really good, and lots of fun.
I hope this helps, though actually getting hold of Ska Gal and Ye Wiles's album is gonna be pretty hard out of the UK, this is theyre labels website though Killer Ska records
Jonni heart
I'll have to check out Capdown's then. Normally I have the little record shop near my house that will order me ska. So I'll see if they can order this record for me.
I LOVE ska/folk music too, it's really fun. I couldn't open the link for some reason though. crying  

GIoom
Vice Captain

hoboken

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:07 pm
I Voted For Kodos is on purevolume.com
They're pretty good. They only have 1 song up though, Its pretty good. Called "She Hates Ska"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:20 am
Mr Bear
I Voted For Kodos is on purevolume.com
They're pretty good. They only have 1 song up though, Its pretty good. Called "She Hates Ska"
Yeah, that's the song of theirs I have.  

GIoom
Vice Captain

King Of The Ska
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:45 pm
I have already heard I Voted for Kudos.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:09 pm
There was this really good ska band called "The Crumbs".... or they might be irish punk.... but i'm pretty sure there was trumets involved  

OMG Supa Kawaii

1,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200

King Of The Ska
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:07 pm
skankin-kakashi
There was this really good ska band called "The Crumbs".... or they might be irish punk.... but i'm pretty sure there was trumets involved

I'll check them out. Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:36 am
Yay, they sound fun. Damn, ill try to post the link again, or find a different one. Capdown are so good- i have Cousin Cleoutus as my ringtone!  

girl_no_13

King Of The Ska
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:40 pm
girl_no_13
Yay, they sound fun. Damn, ill try to post the link again, or find a different one. Capdown are so good- i have Cousin Cleoutus as my ringtone!

Sweetness  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:27 pm
A local band: Always with good reason  

Worthless Marshmellow

King Of The Ska
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:03 pm
Worthless Marshmellow
A local band: Always with good reason

Where are you from?  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]