Submit

Cats or dogs?
  Cats
  Dogs
  Can't decide
View Results

Lieutenant Shotgun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:50 pm
Let's talk about something lovelier, shall we?

What do you prefer, cats or dogs?

I prefer cats. They are smaller, quieter, more agile, and require less feeding. (I do like dogs, however, I prefer felines more.)

You do not have to pick their s**t up with a bag and your hand, and carry it around until you find a waste bin. And furthering that topic, cats can use electric litter boxes so you don't have to do much work. (Though, I had one for my cats, and it broke.)

You don't have to worry about serious injuries with cats as much as you do dogs. Sure, cats bite and scratch, but the injuries in most cases are minor. But dogs... Okay, this is rather embarrassing, but once my grandmother's dog bit me on the n****e and ripped it.

I know cats whine a lot, but when they do, it's a heck of a lot quieter than some dogs' barks. (For instance, basset hounds)

What do you like?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:20 am
I do prefer cats too for different reasons.

First they are not as needy: in terms of care but also in terms of affection, of space. If you have a small apartment and you need an indoor animal don't get a dog he would be unhappy. I am not saying that cats cannot enjoy outdoors too.

Second, aesthetically speaking I prefer cat to dog. The way they walk, stare, sleep is more pleasing to my eyes than with a dog. Cats make perfect decoration objects which is less the case for dogs. But that's my personal opinion and I know some would disagree.

Now, if you want an animal to interact daily with, to play freezby with, who jumps at you and gives you hug when you come home, then you need a dog!!! biggrin  

Zulma san

Generous Knight

9,000 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200

Lieutenant Shotgun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:37 pm
Zulma san
Now, if you want an animal to interact daily with, to play freezby with, who jumps at you and gives you hug when you come home, then you need a dog!!! biggrin

Exactly.

But when I go to me Grammy's house, her dog just barks.

Dogs are more fun, I guess, but cats are so relaxed. You can lay with 'em on the couch and stuff.

But. There are Savannah cats which are domesticated, but grow to about the same size as some dogs and enjoy the same activities dogs do.

The cuddliness of a cat plus the energy of a dog all in one!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:41 pm
I'm more of a dog person. :]
(Some of this stuff is coming out of my worrying disorder, so it may sound silly)
Lets say someone tries to break into your house? Who is there to bark loudly like an idiot to make you aware that someone is coming to the house, also if the dogs big enough, they can always be like a guard dog and beat the hell out of the person! Yeah! C:<
Also, they are much more loyal than cats. Say, if you forget to feed your cat, maybe they'll go over to the next door cat and camp with them for awhile. Dogs dont leave behind stinky pee that is a pain in the a** to get rid of just the smell. They are fun to play with and give me some energy during the day and is always pleased to see me walk through the door. :] Unlike my cat who isnt always so happy to see me >.>

geebils

Lieutenant Shotgun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:12 am
My cat is usually pissed at me when I come home.

I guess you have a point. But my house is old and makes so much noise that I'd hear it if someone tried to break in.

But cats are more cuddly for the tiring days and don't feel the need to ambush you with a drooly love attack when you just want to sit the ******** down.

XD  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:25 am
I like both just as much, even though if it comes to dogs, I'd prefer a larger breed. Small dogs are... scary. eek

Right now I live with a cat, though. She's a pretty little creature, and the only problem is that she likes bringing in both dead and living mice when she's been outside. And sometimes also squirrels and birds, and once a frog. There's nothing as annoying as trying to catch a mouse that runs around your house in panic. gonk  

Arrowlake Riddler

Matron Mord Sith

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:21 am
I love my cats. Dogs just annoy me.

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:26 pm
i like dogs but not as my own pet. they are gross! they walk on the floor outside then jump on u and ur bed and they stink when they are wet.cats clean themselves and if the are indoor cats they arent dirty. you can have an indoor dog cuz they need to poop somewhere and it sucks to clean it up  

Scorpions Glance

XxFlutterby_HeavenxX

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:54 pm
CATS ALL THE WAY!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:18 pm
Dogs, hands-down.

I have more respect for dogs than I do cats, in my experience they just have more personality and are overall more intelligent.

I still like cats though when they're cuddly and nice.

Christizzle

Lieutenant Shotgun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:23 pm
Christizzle
Dogs, hands-down.

I have more respect for dogs than I do cats, in my experience they just have more personality and are overall more intelligent.

I think cats are far more intelligent than dogs. Ever got that e-mail about what goes through a dog's head as opposed to a cat's?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:34 pm
Lieutenant Shotgun
Christizzle
Dogs, hands-down.

I think cats are far more intelligent than dogs. Ever got that e-mail about what goes through a dog's head as opposed to a cat's?

That's nice. I've had dogs and I've had cats. In my personal experience dogs are more trainable and intelligent, to ME. Keyword, me.
I train dogs now and show in AKC and 4-H I've been doing it for about 10 years now, and I'm also in school to become a vet tech.
In my personal experience, cats are not as intelligent as dogs.
Sorry to offend.

Christizzle

Lieutenant Shotgun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:42 pm
Christizzle
Lieutenant Shotgun
Christizzle
Dogs, hands-down.

That's nice. I've had dogs and I've had cats. In my personal experience dogs are more trainable and intelligent, to ME. Keyword, me.
I train dogs now and show in AKC and 4-H I've been doing it for about 10 years now, and I'm also in school to become a vet tech.
Sorry to offend.

I know it was your opinion--I was just stating mine. Yeah, dogs are more trainable... I like thiking that cats think they're too cool to learn tricks. But they do learn their own names. o3o That's good enough for me.

Oh, you are? That's pretty cool. What I mean is that, yes, dogs are more trainable, but intelligent and trainable are indeed two different things. They aren't completely different beasts, of course, but they are indeed different. Plus, cats are naturally more mellow than dogs.

You didn't [offend me].
But don't get snippy, dear. You may have more experience with dogs than I do, but I don't want to sense a sixteenth of an ounce of arrogance coming from you, or anyone else.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:58 pm
Lieutenant Shotgun
Christizzle
Lieutenant Shotgun
Christizzle
Dogs, hands-down.

Sorry to offend.

I know it was your opinion--I was just stating mine. Yeah, dogs are more trainable... I like thiking that cats think they're too cool to learn tricks. But they do learn their own names. o3o That's good enough for me.

Oh, you are? That's pretty cool. What I mean is that, yes, dogs are more trainable, but intelligent and trainable are indeed two different things. They aren't completely different beasts, of course, but they are indeed different. Plus, cats are naturally more mellow than dogs.

You didn't [offend me].
But don't get snippy, dear. You may have more experience with dogs than I do, but I don't want to sense a sixteenth of an ounce of arrogance coming from you, or anyone else.

I'm not being arrogant about it. I was just saying, I have a bit of experience with cats and dogs, and throughout my experience I've found dogs to be a bit smarter. It doesn't mean I think cats are retarded, they're quite intelligent too.
And you're right about the trainablity/ intelligence thing, I haven't really thought about it like that.

Christizzle

Lieutenant Shotgun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:03 pm
Christizzle
Lieutenant Shotgun
Christizzle
Lieutenant Shotgun
Christizzle
Dogs, hands-down.

Sorry to offend.

You didn't [offend me].

I'm not being arrogant about it. I was just saying, I have a bit of experience with cats and dogs, and throughout my experience I've found dogs to be a bit smarter. It doesn't mean I think cats are retarded, they're quite intelligent too.
And you're right about the trainablity/ intelligence thing, I haven't really thought about it like that.

Oh, I know you weren't. I just don't like feeling even the smallest tinge of arrogance in anything anyone says. Arrogance is one of my pet peeves.

I never thought that you thought (arrgh, why does English sound so shitty sometimes?) cats were... mentally challenged, (I hate the word retarded) if you will, though some are. I once had a kitten who pounced at my fingers when I typed.

It's just English confusing things. In all reality, trainability and intelligence are a lot alike because you need smarts to learn, and... I should have something to add to that but I can't think of anything. o3o  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff