Welcome to Gaia! ::

Official Ghost Hunt Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/manga Ghost Hunt. 

Tags: Ghost, Hunt, anime, manga 

Reply Official Ghost Hunt Guild
TvTropes

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dweezal
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:12 pm
So, I was looking at the Ghost Hunt page on tvtropes, and it's kinda....spare. Or should I say sparse? Scarce? Seriously, that's the second time today I didn't know which word to use...

Anyway, do you think we could add some more?

I like how they name Naru "Tall, Dark, and Snarky."

Maybe Lin could be an example of the "Strong, Silent, Type?"  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:13 am
I've been messing with it on occasion.
For example, Masako wasn't even mentioned when I found it. I took the liberty of adding her in.

But I haven't edited it much. I'm a bit afraid I'll say something inaccurate.  

SPR John Brown
Captain

Dweezal
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:35 am
Well, if you say something inaccurate, someone else can always fix it, right? Plus we can always talk about stuff to add here, and if everyone agrees on something, maybe then we can add it? And it anonymous isn't it? So if you put something in that's inaccurate, no one would know it was you, right? LOL, too many question marks. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:04 pm
We also might want to take a good look at the wikikpedia page. I think you (e need to give you a funny and/or cute nickname) might want to add to John and Masako's profiles? They're kinda...short. Poor John only has 3 sentences!  

Dweezal
Crew

SPR John Brown
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:24 pm
I might give it a shot.

(I've been speaking with RaeMeian via PM and she calls me Wolf. Works well enough for me.)

Anyway, if I were to add to said profiles, whatall should I say about them?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:48 pm
I have no idea. xp

BTW, I'm almost done ripping the episodes! I ripping each episode as a wmv file. I tried to do HD wmvs at first, but each episode would have taken like, 14 hours to rip. And regular wmv's are good for AMVs right? So, if you want me to email them to you, just pm my your email address and I'll send em your way! Also, should I zip them all together in one folder?

Edit: I think I'm going to call you Squinky......................lol, that's a really obscure reference...  

Dweezal
Crew

SPR John Brown
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:25 pm
Oh, cool.
Yeah, normal is fine, no do not zip them. I can't do technical stuff and that would probably defeat me.

Go ahead, I don't care what I'm called, sending PM now.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:31 pm
So...I finished uploading them all. Did you get all of them? Because once you have all of them I need to delete the files for more space...

By the way, what program do you use for making AMV's? I was thinking about making some "Youtube Poop"s and I have Windows Movie Maker, but I know there are better ones out there...  

Dweezal
Crew

SPR John Brown
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:33 pm
Yeah, I've got them all now. Thanks again. Nice Halloween avi, by the way.

I use Windows Movie Maker... AND IT SUCKS. Takes forever to make anything because you need to have a ton of patience to deal with all the errors.
I really want to get a better program that won't crash on me all the time, but those cost money, which I don't have.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:35 pm
LOL, I know exactly what you mean about crashing. I've only been using it for like, 10 minutes; I slowed down a clip from Samurai Champloo, and when I went to "publish" it it immediately froze. So I couldn't save it. XD  

Dweezal
Crew

SPR John Brown
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:38 pm
Really?
Usually it doesn't get that bad until you have as much stuff imported as I do.
But when it just freezes like that, click the screen a few times. If an hourglass symbol pops up in place of your cursor, just wait and it'll unfreeze. If it doesn't, you'll probably have to restart the computer.

For me, the biggest problem is that it often doesn't want to save the finished files.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:42 pm
Maybe I'll get Adobe Premier Elements 7 sometime...it's sometimes on sale at Costco...$50 isn't so bad...Though I think I'd like to see if I would be able to do anything worthwhile with it before I buy it...Guess I'll download a trial sometime...when I know I'll actually have time to learn how to use it...  

Dweezal
Crew

Official Ghost Hunt Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces