Welcome to Gaia! ::

Role Play in Paradise

Back to Guilds

Come and entertain your imagination in Paradise. All are welcome! 

Tags: free, Role Playing, Paradise 

Reply Paradise
Great Debate: RP forum format and other such nonsensities Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Korn On A Stik
Captain

Bashful Codger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:46 pm
Well here we are. This will be a big one for the guild.

The decision before us is to either change the format of how the RPs are organized in the sub-forums or to leave the guild layout as it is.

Any suggestions?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:01 pm
Well I think you should have the layout so you have different scections for differnt Rp's. So new comers to gaia or the guild can find things easily and quickly.  

KuroShii-tan

Newbie Sex Symbol

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Hoshigiri
Vice Captain

Sparkly Genius

6,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:00 pm
I think it'd be useful to have some sort of indicator about what type each RP is within each title or something.

For example:
[F] = fantasy
[M] = modern
[SF] = science fiction
and so on and so forth.

That way people who are just browsing through can easilly identify RPs that will interest them.

Also...while organizing RPs by beginner, adept, and master may be a good idea...we don't really use it very often in this guild...so perhaps a different method of organizing might be better, but I don't know exactly what it should be.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:05 am
I think that the subbies themselves should be titled based on type of rp, so we would have our subbies named stuff like:

school rps
fantasy rps
sci-fi rps
halfbreed rps
ect.

that way people can find the type of rp they want to do  

mathwl1020
Vice Captain

Hoshigiri
Vice Captain

Sparkly Genius

6,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:53 pm
Except what happens if someone makes an rp that fits inbetween categories? Like a modern fantasy, or halfbreed school, etc?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:40 pm
I agree with most of these. Since I would not force it on the owner of a RP to put what type of RP it is, a vice or higher can look over the RP and see if they think it is basic, moderate, or advanced and then put it on the title for them. Like this
[M] Legacy of Dragoon
The City of Newhampton
[A] The Never Ending Story [Literate only]

I say there should be 3-4 types at first. This is something that a guild I am in is currently doing and is very active.
RP for Anime/TV/Video Games/Movies/Series based RPs
RP for Romance and Drama, Friends and Family
RP for Elementals, Magic, and Fantasy
RP for Non-Romantic RPs (Just Hanging-out RP's)

Basically just these to start from. If there are enough people that wish for another type of RP based forum then and only then will we make it. And members must tell us if they are putting gold in for something that they want from the guild. there should be a total donation of twice the cost of the forum. So as to make sure that there is enough interest in the topic and making extra for the guild. Donations should be expressed for if they want it to got to the guild or to guild activities and should all go through the guild mule. Only vice and up should be granted GM access at first. We also have a thread on the main page that will be updated and tells how much a member has donated. That way donations to GM for the guild and through the guild will be posted. IF we go about it this way, I will take charge of it as long as I get one person to work with me.

Just some of my ideas.

donie120
Vice Captain

Alien Gatekeeper

11,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Korn On A Stik
Captain

Bashful Codger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:06 pm
Hm, tough choice on the organization issue. Though I think we could combine a couple ideas here.....
Perhaps we'll have the different categories style of subbie organization. Perhaps we'll start out with these:

School RPs (Normal or otherwise)
Fantasy (Medieval and Magical)
Science Fiction (Futuristic and Aliens)
Mystery (Who-Done-It and Unknowns)
Pure Romance
One on Ones (Any type)
Pure Combat (Simply duke it out type fighting)

And any others that we come up with. If some of us don't think a category is necessary, it shall be excluded. And with the title of each RP posted there should be at least a letter that tells what level the RP demands. What do we think?

And also, I think I may give official positions to the VCs. I've already got our treasurer; Donie I believe is a prime candidate, but of course it will not just be up to me. I'll also need to find a "Secretary" who can answer questions and refer people to the proper VC for their problem if he or she is unable to answer it or take care of the problem. An official guild artist; I believe this may go to Kuroi by popular demand (of course anyone will be free to contribute with the official artist's approval of their work). A "Hall Monitor" who will patrol the threads and delete those which haven't been posted on for quite some time. And also a "brainstorming commity" who can come up with possible guild wide events (of course any and everyone may contribute to this, but it would just be easier if we had a couple people at least who's primary concern was this matter). Once we finalize what positions should become in affect, I'll put up several poll on which to vote on to appoint the most capable for these positions.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:25 pm
If you would like, I can get to work on the new RP configuration. If that is the types of RPs you want I can even move the RPs to their right spot as well. I will have to buy one more subie as well, in order to fit them all and still keep other subies. I will make an anouncement on the main forum as soon as I am done. Just give me the word and I will get to it. (This means that I am desperate for somthing to do tonight.)  

donie120
Vice Captain

Alien Gatekeeper

11,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Korn On A Stik
Captain

Bashful Codger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Sorry Donie, but just hold your horses. I think we need kinda clever names for the subbies like.....Well I can't think of any now. But purchasing new subbies won't be a problem, we've got plenty of dough in the account.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:52 am
I like Korn's fusion of all the ideas. I think we should go with that. And I don't mind being the guild artist. That is of course if people want me. C:  

Hoshigiri
Vice Captain

Sparkly Genius

6,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300

donie120
Vice Captain

Alien Gatekeeper

11,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:30 am
Kuroi, do you have to keep saying that. The entire crew have said at one point of another that you need to be the guild artist.

To Korn:
RP for School, Collage, Boarding School, and Study Groups
RP for Elementals, Magic, and Fantasy
RP for Sci-fi
RP for Mystery and Investigations
RP for Romance and Drama, Friends and Family
1x1 PM RP Requests and 1x1 RPs
RP for Martial arts, Fighting Tournament Battle, Duels

I would also suggest:
RP for Anime/TV/Video Games/Movies/Series based RPs
these are just some suggestion I have for titles. I just want to get to doing it so that we can focus on the two more important things: Recruiting and Kuroi's art. *Marvels at home page.*  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:18 pm
alright, I agree with korn on his idea for official vc positions. my ideas on who should be what position (other than tresurer and artist) are:

secretary: alister
hall monitor: dred
brainstorming: unknown
recruiter: myself

I added recruiter because while everyone can help with that one, I think it woud be better if we had someone just for recruiting. I can do that quite easily (I mean, my guild had over 100 mems by the first week) and as far as brainstorming, I have alot of ideas, but I make a much better recruiter. If they were here, I'd suggest shadow and krell as brainstormers, but I haven't seen either of them in a while. I've talked to both of them a little, but I haven't seen much of them. and while dred may hate this idea, I think that we should let sirkarl2 into the guild, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS of course. for those of you that don't know, sirkarl2 is the guy that played scorpio in the maximum ride rp before while we were all in school for better role-playing, and while he started out a godmoder and autohitter, he has gotten alot better (for what its worth, lol) and I think that he may be able to handle some serious rps. I will try to keep him from autohitting and godmoding, but there may be times that he might. what do you guys think?

oh, and I didn't know you 2 were in rp for fantasy, love, and action as well korn and donnie  

mathwl1020
Vice Captain

donie120
Vice Captain

Alien Gatekeeper

11,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:11 pm
Come on. Did it take that long for you to see "Legacy of Dragoon" If you just looked around a bit sooner I would have been glad to let you in as a dragoon player. But, alas, we have gotten further then when I was in School for better role playing. In a month or two I may need a new villain though. If you are interested that is.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:46 am
And I'm sorry to say this Mat, but sirkarl2 was a member of this guild, but I banned him a couple weeks ago. I've watched what's been happening in School for Better RPing and quite frankly, it's folks like him and "Everything Demon" (Formerly known as Tabbisa Baggins) that caused that guild's obvious downfall. Take a look sometime, there are NO active role plays in the Intermediate section and the only active RPs are the ones in basic like New Battle Begins (a mindless battle of godmoding), Three Kingdoms (just about the same), and MoonDay Academy (not bad, but nothing great either).

And I was thinking more along the lines of kinda catchy, clever names for the forums. I dunno like "Ding Ding, Round 1 (Battle/Fighting RPs)" for the fighting forum. Not very good, but I'm at a creative block right now.

Well Mat, I think I like your staff idea.

Secretary: Alister
Hall Monitor: Dred
Recruiter: Mat
Treasurer: Donie
Artist: Kuroi
Brainstorming: To be decided.

Any complaints or objections?  

Korn On A Stik
Captain

Bashful Codger

Hoshigiri
Vice Captain

Sparkly Genius

6,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:08 am
I don't have any objections to the staffing.

As for catchy titles for the forums...here's what I can come up with so far.

School
-Hit the Books!
-Gakuran Paradise (Gakuran being the Japanese word for school)

Mystery
-Get a Clue
-Bloody Footprints

Romance
-Heart to Heart
-On the Wings of Love
-Cupid's Hangout

One on Ones
-Get personal
-1+1=?

Series Based
-This ain't like your papa's fandom
-Where fans unite

I know I'm missing some categories, but I'm not coming up with much. I'll try to think of some others later maybe. Ahh...if only we had a brainstormer chosen. >.<  
Paradise

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff