Submit

h104646

2,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:41 pm
QUESTION #1
well im writing a novel called fragile and i have so many ideas for the story but i want to know is it bad to put too much events in one book? is there even a too much? or should i write my other ideas aside from fragile and make a series. i dont know. i would like a readers point of few and tell me is too much, well TOO MUCH?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:52 pm
Well, if you have, let's say, ELEVENTY BILLION IDEAS, then split it into multiple books. If you don't, then just stick it into one. I'm still in the process of trying to figure out what to do with my story actually, I'm thinking multiple books myself.  

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:57 pm
It really depends on the weight that each situation holds in the story. If you have multiple ideas for climax-like situations, then that calls for multiple books. A series of books should each have relatively equal amounts of action, so if you fins that there's too much for one book, make sure that you have enough material for multiple books.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:11 pm
well i had a bunch of ideas for one character but now im thinking that i should use some of those ideas for other characters if i make it into a series. do you guys think thats a better idea?  

h104646

2,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:18 pm
Are you planning on having multiple perspectives in this story? As in, more than one focus character? If so, then if it would work for the other characters then I don't see the problem of using ideas you had for one character for another.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:19 pm
Again, it depends on how many, if they conflict, and what other characters you have in mind.
You should probably just sit down, and do a few mock stories, that's how I got to where I am with mine today. All the characters, locations, everything.
Also, talk it over with other people, if they're the writing type, they might be able to help.

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

h104646

2,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:19 am
i do think it would be better if i make multiple stories because i think it would be better to get different perspectives.it would be more interesting, and if i did use all my ideas for one main character i think it would be just harder for me to write and i would get so confused and give up anyway. thank you both for helping me with my first question. not now but soon im positive i will need help again. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:56 am
User Image

There is ABSOLUTELY such a thing as too many story lines. If you have too many going at once, they're bound to end up contradicting one another, and if you're not careful you will have way too many loose ends to tie up at the end.

The Original Jbird

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
Writing Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items