Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Twilima's in need of anatomy fixin's. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Twilima

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:56 pm
Mmkay, I've been lurking this guild for about a week, and it seems like a wonderful place to get help on my anatomy.

A lot of people have stated that my women:
- have large heads.
- have skinny arms.

There was more but I can't remember everything. Anything else you can find, please critique it, redline it, correct my shading, do whatever you have to do, really.

My newest picture

((In this particular picture, I had trouble figuring out where here other arm would go. Upon further speculation, I realized I hadn't drawn it at all! Yikes! ))
I'm sure that from there you can also view my gallery if you wish, but this is the newest and I'm sure you get the idea by now..

/endramble

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:26 pm
1st off i have to apologize for the crappiness of my red line my art prog drive isn't connected atm so i did it in mspaint

User Image

okay so i'll do alittle explaining you're nose and jaw juts out alittle too far

the arm is alittle too long

hips are larger then the head

leg is too thin

any questions or if you're unclear about anything let me know  

Folken_Schezar
Crew

Twilima

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:42 pm
Your redlining is just fine, but could you maybe resize it? I always forget how large my own pictures are. n.n;;
And yeah, the other arm was also going to hang downward. (I noticed you had a blue line near the keyboard too? )
But your lines are very helpful! Expecially the bones in the hips.. I always get that wrong. O:

Now I have yet to take a course on anatomy.. but are hips/head suppossed to be of equal size?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:04 pm
nope hips are always larger then the head especially in females  

Folken_Schezar
Crew

Twilima

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:03 am
Ah. I must've been reaaaally tired when I read that or something. And now I must draw other things to post here~  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:49 pm
haha it happens XD no worries  

Folken_Schezar
Crew

Twilima

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:28 pm
NEWEST SKETCH

Please assist me. This is my most recent sketch, and I'm terrified to even touch it with my tablet before I get anatomy help first.

For starters, I have no idea where to put her left arm, gimme ideas. Second, the majority of her head is made up by her twisty pony, but does it look natural?

Thirdly, please point out anything else you see fitting, it'd do me a world of help.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:48 am
The ponytail looks great to me. I have anatomy issues of my own so I can't speak on that, other than "I think it looks good."

Regarding her hand, though! My actual reason for posting. She should clearly be blowing a kiss!  

clocktock

Folken_Schezar
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:10 am
well 2 most noticeable things anatomy wise is the clavicle and the shoulder.

the clavicle actually should be much closer they should be almost touching. and this is because both of them are connected to the top of the sternum

2ndly the right shoulder should be in a bit more. the ribcage and shoulders are like one big piece so when the rib cage is turned like that the shoulder farthest away moves away from us in perspective

i hope that was clear enuff, but if not let me know and i'll try to explain it better  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:09 pm
Twilima
NEWEST SKETCH

Please assist me. This is my most recent sketch, and I'm terrified to even touch it with my tablet before I get anatomy help first.

For starters, I have no idea where to put her left arm, gimme ideas. Second, the majority of her head is made up by her twisty pony, but does it look natural?

Thirdly, please point out anything else you see fitting, it'd do me a world of help.

Hey there,

I did a small redline of your sketch. Sorry if it looks like crap XD I don't have a tablet, so this was done by mouse. The image I referenced was from posemaniacs so I think it should be ok.

http://syrellium.deviantart.com/art/Redline-for-Twilima-139694409

[edit] Apparently photobucket doesn't like anatomy and did me the honor of blocking this image. I didn't realize that counted as "nudity".

Anyway... if I've messed up with my redlining, someone else feel free to correct me. :<

Happy drawing!  

Syrella
Crew

7,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Friendly 100

Vena

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:33 pm
Where her back is starting right now is a little too close in.. imagine her ribcage in 3D space and give it some space.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:19 pm
omg, y'all are AMAZING.

I'm working on it right now, I'll be sure to post up my comments and the fnished sketch once I can. :]

Twilima

Twilima

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:26 pm
I'm being stressed for deadlines on a tatt comission.

http://twilima.deviantart.com/art/Saurin-tatt-prefinish-144362135

Rough sketch, terrible quality (because I don't have a scanner and I haven't touched it on my tablet yet. *cry*

HOWEVER, I'm having difficulties with the face. The limbs and curves were intetionally exagerated, but I just can't seem to properly place her face.
(An arm crit is fine too)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:29 am
On your latest artwork...
User Image
I redlined the arms for you, so hopefully that helps. : )
I wasn't sure if the thing covering her mouth and nose was a scarf or an implant so, if it was a scarf, there would be deformations in the height to show the position of the nose. However, if it was in implant or whatever, there wouldn't so that wouldn't necessarily apply.
Apart from that it's an awesome image. The anatomy of the legs and torso is good, even though it is exaggerated.
I hope this helps you. Good luck!  

no surrender

Twilima

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:00 am
Oh poo, I wish I had seen this before I went all postal on it.
http://twilima.deviantart.com/art/Pink-147020295

But I'm diggin the way you redid her chest, so I might edit it a little further to match. :3 Thank you very much!  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff