Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Valve Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is dedicated to the Valve Corporation. Makers of Half Life. 

Tags: Valve, Team Fortress 2, Portal, Counter Strike, Left 4 Dead 

Reply Off Topic Discussions
Halo movie getting CPR?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaptainBaconMan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:58 pm
I just found this today.

Quote:

Spielberg In Talks To Pick Up Halo Movie?
Written Saturday, August 08, 2009 by Dan Webb

Movie site, IESB, is reporting that Steven Spielberg is currently in talks to pick up Stuart Beattie's "Halo: The Fall of Reach" script to produce himself, under his Dreamworks umbrella. The site writes ...

"Spielberg is blown away by writer Stuart Beattie's take on the game in his script entitled HALO THE FALL OF REACH. This coupled with the fact that his Dreamworks umbrella is looking for a big tent pole to help launch their newly independant studio with distribution over at Walt Disney Pictures after losing Transformers to Paramount in the separation, it's the perfect combination."

Following the news that Peter Jackson and Neil Blomkamp's Halo project is dead in the water, this maybe Microsoft's best chance to thrust their Halo into movie theatres. IESB is reporting that CAA, who reps both Beattie and Spielberg, are heavily pushing the negotiations; and considering the fact that Spielberg shares a good relationship with Microsoft - he even appeared as part of Microsoft's E3 press conference this year - this may not be a bad shout.

We'll chalk this down as a rumour for now until we hear something a little more official, but if this plays out, it could be interesting. Very interesting indeed. It may just turn a few more heads.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:48 pm
Yes, I've heard about this.
Not too interested anyway.

H y p n o t i c Fox
Captain

5,550 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

CaptainBaconMan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:05 pm
Don't be pretentious, just because it has to do with Halo doesn't mean it's going to be a bad movie.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:29 pm
But you called Ryan Master Chef.  

thirty1bravo

Radiosquid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:09 pm
Aw, man. Spielberg? I was actually kind of excited when Peter Jackson and Neil Blomkamp were working on it, (did you see those shorts? They were pretty awesome!) but now I'm afraid it's just going to turn out like Transformers. Well, Spielberg's done some great stuff... just not recently.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:17 pm
If Peter Jackson didn't quit the Halo movie then there wouldn't of been District 9. Even though this is old news, I'm glad that someone else sees that Halo has potential to be a good movie. Besides, is Microsoft gonna let there prized franchise be anything other than amazing?  

Tron714

CaptainBaconMan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:45 pm
Tron714
If Peter Jackson didn't quit the Halo movie then there wouldn't of been District 9. Even though this is old news, I'm glad that someone else sees that Halo has potential to be a good movie. Besides, is Microsoft gonna let there prized franchise be anything other than amazing?

He didn't, there were legal arguments and so the movie got canceled.  
Off Topic Discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games