Reply The L Guild Forum
How are Near and Mello, compared to L

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gnostic Intolerant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:24 pm
What do you think of Near and Mello compared to L.
Well, i'll start with L. Epic win... sits awesomely, talks smoothely, super smart and original...
Near. He's a cheap imitation of L as i said before. He sits mildly different but other than that, and the fact that all the sweets were replaced by toys, he's no different than L.
Mello. Pure awesomeness like L. The reason i say this is that he doesn't compare to L in any way he sits like a normal person, talks normally, and has emotions. The only two things that link them together are that they are wammys and that they both like sweets, but even that is different as Mello only eats chocolate bars.
That's what i think. Post what you think below please.
And pm me if you A: Liked my fanfictions.
B: If you care at all about my novels.
C: want to be the naked zombie's friend.
Thank you and good day!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:10 pm
actually, i preferred near to mello
neither could replace L because L was just too awesome
But i never really liked mello, because for one, i never fully knew if he was a guy or a girl for aages, two, he wasn't nearly as smart as L or near, and that's what i loved about L, the fact that he was so intelligent, and I always felt that mello was just someone who whined and held grudges about everything, while both L and near were cool and calm about everything. mrgreen  

wolfcubX

2,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cart Raider 100

iSnazzy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:04 pm
I don't think Near is a cheap imitation of L.
L is an amzing character the best even, but there are alot of differences between him and Near.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:38 pm
i think...if Mello, Near, and Beyond Birthday all had a baby together....it would be like if L could reproduce asexually.  

l Sailor Lupus l
Crew

5,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200

Somber Daze

Wheezing Ladykiller

9,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:59 pm
HA! they don't NO ONE CAN REPLACE L!!!!!! NEVER EVER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:30 pm
Mello-Sab
i think...if Mello, Near, and Beyond Birthday all had a baby together....it would be like if L could reproduce asexually.

Lol totally.... roflcopter i just want to say that (dont get mad at me other people) L and near are a total tie for me, i may even like near slightly more.... ha as if but no, near and L are like awesomeness in a cake ^w^  

Sebasuchaann

arekkusuhatake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:49 pm
they both SUCK compared to L!! nobody can replace him, even after he is dead he is still the greatest 3 detectives on earth!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:15 pm
Huh. I actually LIKE Near and Mello, a little less than L of course, but they're still my second and third favorites.
Of course, I notice Near's similarities to L, but if you admire someone (like not tiny things, but huge absolute adoration and respect), do you tend to act like them? Whammy's didn't exactly help matters. He was told to try and be the next L, so he tried as hard as he could. He's also pretty darn smart (Understatement), and have you SEEN the things he can build and make?

Mello's... different. There really isn't any character that's similar. Sure, he likes chocolate a lot. But everyone has their thing they love. He happens to have the means to get it all the time. (Because, honestly, if I could afford it, I'd have chocolate and cake whenever I freaking wanted it!) He also shows emotion more than the original L did, and more than Near, too. Also, I don't care what other people think, but that outfit is awesome in my opinion. Not many people can pull leather off... His ideas and plans led to capturing Kira and exposing the other Death Note users. heck, he managed to put his (one-sided) rivalry apart to beat the person who took L down.

And then L himself... What words can describe his awesomeness? He's different, quirky, and still manages to be incredibly smart. Yes, some of hes methods could be viewed as questionable. I admit that. BUT, the were utterly necessary to catch Kira. Even after death, he continued on through his successors. Ultimately, when Light thought he won, he lost both his sanity (not like it wasn't gone before) and his life. Complete win for L. Utter loss for Kira. Not many people could have managed to orchestrate things like that. And for still trying solving the case as he DIED... Dedication, morals, and adorable to boot! So much more I could put here, but I'll keep this short.

Also, I hold the belief that if L had known about the Death Note and it's rules earlier, Light would have gone down HARD.

...Why did I type that? Simply put, I'm bored as all heck.  

Asuna6573

dmvp15

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:05 pm
near is definitely L's true successor. He put his emotions aside and was able to catch Light after all. Mello was just good for dieing and a useful pawn. thats who i see it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:16 pm
I thought that Near was closer to L in comparison that Mello. . .
only because Mello displays his emotions and L and Near dont. They dont freak out over stuff like Mello does, they stay calm and collected.
But Near still isnt as cool as L!!  

Kyo~ko

Shameless Gawker

Uchihaichiraku

5,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:48 pm
There is no way anyone could live up to L, EVER! But, Near and Mello are the two who were his successors and I thinks they deserved props for taking Kira down.

L is unforgettable there will be no one like him, he was intelligent (that's an understatement), quirky, adorable, and unpredictable. The world will always remember the top 3 detectives in the world.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:17 pm
I'm not such a big fan of Near, but Mello was alright. But of course you can't replace L! (I'm a bit sad that they tried)  

GreenEyedSummer

The L Guild Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff