Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
Who on here still buys anime DVDs? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darth_Magus1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:29 pm
Who on here still buys anime DVDs? this should eliminate alot of people on here lol, Just curious. I still buy anime dvds, just brought the 2nd season of Gunslinger Girl. Once I've brought the recent tv show box sets, I still have the 2nd halves of Negima and Clannad to buy.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:52 pm
:::
Yes and no.

K-ON was available on blu-ray, so I got first 2 discs on that instead. User Image

DALEKTABLE

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:28 pm
Yeah, I'm loving Blu Ray as well. Afro Samurai turned out fantastic on it.

I also have problem of got getting my older anime on DVDs and I have to fall back to VHS even with the shorten lifespan on them.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:17 am
I wish I could buy these things. Piracy is a social institution in Mexico, only few people are willing to even buy original Hollywood blockbusters, let alone anime DVDs. You pretty much have to do the 6 hour trip to an anime shop in Mexico City if you want to buy these things original. emo

Wyrn
I also have problem of got getting my older anime on DVDs and I have to fall back to VHS even with the shorten lifespan on them.

Go to a picture shop and ask them to convert them to DVD. Or find a friend with a video capture card and record them to a computer. Or you could invest in one, here they cost $50 and that's with an insane amount of customs taxes included.  

Da_Nuke

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:14 am
It's not a bad idea to convert my VHS... in fact it is a damn good idea. I'll work on that.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:31 pm
I still buy the occasional anime DVD set. There are just some things I want to watch whenever I feel like it, without having to wait for my internet to load it. I don't like downloading files on my pc. I had an ex-boyfriend who downloaded a lot and my pc was networked to his. He got a virus that invaded the network and crashed my hard drive. I was not pleased. Needless to say, Hoshi does not download much anymore.  

Hoshikanjou

6,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

ForgottenGenesis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:32 am
Yup I paid 50 pesos (like a dollar? When converted?) For Kyo kara maoh season 3. And some other for much lower prices like Jigouko Shoujo for 20 pesos and Air Gear for 20 pesos and so on...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:21 pm
I still buy almost all the anime I watch.  

zeithalter

Inevitable Disaster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:16 am
I do.
I don't own any type of Blue Ray player, nor do I want to.
Every time I've watched a movie on Blue Ray, it's screwed up.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:05 pm
I do and im glad you do it realy helps the industry ^_^  

Jeice1988

3,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Zenryan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:41 pm
I don't, but I think I'll start soon, seeing as how many people are satisfied with it... ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:04 am
The answer for me is yes, I'm down at my local anime/manga shops on a regular basis, so much so that the shop employees know me by my full name, I'm one of their favorite customers, problably due to the fact that box sets are expensive >.>  

DrakeRR

C a t h a r s i s

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:16 am
I don't really because I tend to watch things as they're aired in Japan. I'm too impatient to wait for the DVD to come out, plus I have an external HD and no dorm space. Torrenting makes a lot more sense for me.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:14 am
ive recently bought lots of anime. i bought all episodes of FMA and all the episodes of soul eater and all the episodes of linebarrels. i also bought some tsubasa chronicals,fate and some studio ghibli movies.  

Daeuil

5,100 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Spinningthread

Fashionable Shapeshifter

5,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:54 pm
I have really bad internet, so I can't download it.

I buy mine also because I like to watch anime in both English and Japanese, and I can't do that with most burnt anime.

I usually get it really cheap at the cons I go to, so it works out in the end.

(Even if I usually prefer to read the manga)  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff