Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Meet the Mods Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:02 pm
Meet the Mods
Hey guys ever wondered about those pesky little crew members that lock or move your threads? Well then here's your chance.

----

Masquanade
Hello everyone I'm Masquade, or Masq for short, previous Captain of the Band Nerd Guild. I became captain after the previous captain, Indie_Chixor resigned leaving me in charge. At that time there was no Gaia Guild Network and the guild was simply a thread in the Guild Subforum. My main task was simply adding names to our memberlist which was manually done. Then came along the GGN and changed everything for the guild. We had always been a massive guild, but never truly active. The GGN made the guild explode with activeness and we've been on the rise since.

Beyond Guild history I'm from Ocean Springs, Mississippi and attended OSHS and was part of the Blue Grey Pride. I played trumpet. I now attend Savannah College of Art and Design in Savannah, Georgia, and major in Illustration. Sadly they don't have a band or instrumental program, so I had to give up playing the trumpet. That doesn't mean I don't still love band and music. I still love being part of this guild and keeps me connected to the life I sacrificed to go to the college I loved.

Other info is that I'm girl despite my male avatar (real name is Kelly and the other screenname I use is TrinaSheepChan). I'm a huge anime and manga fan. I also love to draw, obviously since I'm going to an art school. Besides that I have two older brothers, three cats, one dog, some fish, and used to own horses when I was younger. Beyond Gaia I hang out a lot in LiveJournal and really that's it since college started. Um . . . I like reading a lot- mostly fantasy books. I don't watch a lot of movies, so I don't really have a favorite. As far as music I listen to soundtracks, modern classical, and japanese music. Really that's about it.

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:27 am
~Oggy~
Last Updated: Jan 9, 2007

Well, hello there, everyone. It's Oggy, your friendly neighborhood Vice-Captain. Or something like that.

Guild History
I joined the BNG waay back in the day, before GGN. In fact, if I remember correctly, Indie was still Captain when I joined. Regardless, long time. I was one of the few people who posted regularly in the BNG thread, and so when we made the transition to GGN, I was selected as a mod. Random fact: I was the second member in the GGN BNG (the first, obviously, being Masq). Anyway, the guild has since grown beyond my wildest dreams, and I'm now Vice-Captain. It's mostly a ceremonial title; I don't do anything that the normal mods don't. Yet.

About Me
I was born and raised in Aurora, Colorado (Denver suburb, for all you non-Coloradoans). I went to Overland High School, home of the Marching Scots. I spent a semester at Arizona State University, marching in the Sun Devil Marching Band and dealing with the courses a sophomore Aerospace Engineering student would take. I've since moved back to Colorado, and am working my way slowly, but successfully through the University of Colorado's ASEN program.

Gaming
I am a dedicated World of Warcraft player, and would probably fall under the "Hardcore" classification if I didn't have to spend so much of my time doing school stuff. Main raid character is a Holy/Discipline Priest, and I have an up-and-coming Feral Druid that I use as my farmer character (and also to get a sense of actually being able to kill something on my own XD) Other than that, I play DDR. Not as much as I used to, given that there's not a single public DDR machine in Boulder County, but enough to make my friends /jawdrop whenever I DO pull out the dance mat.

Miscellaneous Schnaa
Let's see, ermm. I'm an nineteen-year old Caucasian male (3/4 Dutch, 1/8 Irish, 1/8 German, for those that truly care). I'm an only child, though I do have three stepsisters from my mom's second and third marriages (Long story. Don't ask.) My parents have an aggregate total of three cats and one dog. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool bibliophile (my books take up more space than my bed sweatdrop ), with special emphasis on scifi/fantasy. Favorite authors include T.A. Barron, Orson Scott Card, and Jasper Fforde, along with the requisite fantasy/scifi stable of Clarke, Lewis, Rowling, and Tolkien. My musical tastes are rather eccentric; my two favorite groups are Jimmy Buffett and the Indigo Girls. Oh, right, and my RL name is Paul.

Bonus
Me. Simple enough, I think. This picture is also band-related, as it was taken at the fall 2006 Kappa Kappa Psi picnic. biggrin
User Image

iOggy

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:01 am
TUBARIFFIC

Last Updated: Right now. (14 Jul 09)

Guild History
Actually, one of the first things I did on Gaia was join the Band Nerd Guild Oo. I'm Captain, w00t. I started out as a little peon, just like you! I love all of you more than you can ever imagine.

About Me
I was born in San Jose,California (Birthplace of Gaia, and T i f a too!) and moved out to North Carolina when I was like, 3, or something. I attended Leesville Road High School, where I played tuba in the Symphonic Band for 4 years. Now I go to Appalachian State University where I am majoring in Social Work with minors in Music, Sociology, and LGBT Studies. I also play euphonium now, so I guess I need a new name xD.

Other STUFF!
I really enjoy foreign languages. I currently only speak English and German, but next semester I am taking Japanese, and I am stoked. I also intend to take Russian before I leave college, and have some of my French Education friends teach me some French. It is one of my goals in like to become decalingual, because that is a fun word. Something else that I enjoy is hair dye, because I like being weird. And piercings. And tattoos. And Converses. Yeaaaaah.

Yay coffee and velvet purple chairs and teal bangs.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

lol bad horn angle. It's ok, it was just morning rehearsal before a game.

Oh hai

That one is going on the Christmas card. Too bad you can't see my mom's whore boots.

Marching band has my thumbs up approval.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:32 pm
~froggyfluf
last updated: Nov. 25

Yo. My actual name is Rachel, and I'm one of the newest additions to the BNG crew. I joined the BNG before it was part of the GGN, but was not at all active until after it had become a spiffy part of the network. I remained a normal member in the guild for about a year before becoming a mod.

I was born in Fredricksburg, VA, but only lived there for a year before coming to Huntsville, AL (the Rocket City/Space Camp/not Hicksville). I am a senior in Grissom High School, and intend to go to Furman University in South Carolina next year to major in art/graphic design. I've been playing french horn since sixth grade, and joined the color guard in ninth. And for the first time, this year I'll be in winterguard.

I have one pet sister named Chalice who is completely obsessed with reptiles (especially lizards). Other pets include an African dwarf frog named Froggy, a leopard gecko named Chika, and my monster of a snapping turtle named Snappy (he's not big, just ferocious <33). Drawing is my first love in life. I'm a big fan of many anime and manga (I hope to do some international studies in Japan). My favorite movie is Donnie Darko, and favorite musical groups include The Eels, Jason Mraz, and Aerosmith; I listen to mello and classic rock, mostly.

Here's a pic of me from last year's band trip.
User Image
(note: I'm not the man in the red shirt)  

froggyfluf

Eldritch BiLast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:57 pm
Nintendo Punk 05

Guild History:
Waaaay back in the day I went ahead and created the Marching Band RP in the RP section of the site. Later after a time of inactivity, I found a post from Durza stating that there was a Band Nerd Guild and that i should join it, which I did, that was Late 2004. There was an Opening for a mod spot and i went ahead and completed an application, and sure enough, I was accepted! Now i'm on here being a Lazy person and actually doing some work.

Background Info:

I was only in the band for one year, but i was quickly addicted, sadly i graduated the same year. I was born in June of 1987 in Woodbury, NJ. A strange bird just flew by my window... anyway, I lived in Gloucester City, NJ for the first 13 years of my life, then my parents decided to move to West Deptford, where i currently still live. I attend College at Camden County College in Blackwood, NJ. Studying music, but i'm switching to something that i think would be more stable. Oh yeah, i forgot to say that i play Percussion as well.

Random Confabulations:
Umm... i love to play DDR and IIDX, those are two of my most favorite games that are out. I may soon be working at this wonderful convenience store called Wawa. People from Delaware, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and New Jersey know what they are. Anyone else.... think of 7-11, then think of a 7-11 that's about 50x Nicer and with better food. That's what a wawa is.

I'm also mostly a night owl, but you will see me on occasions during the day time.

Pics:
User Image

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:04 am
Inucoli
last updated November 26

Hey all! I'm Nicole, and like everyone else i'm gonna copy masq's layout ^__^

Guild History
I've been a member of this guild since I joined gaia almost a year ago and was recently promoted to MOD. Some of you may have seen me around the Sax thread (w00t!!!) and in the chatterbox subforum doing random stuff.

About Yours Truly
I was born in Ann Arbor, Michigan and moved to Virginia about 8 years ago. I'm a junior at Lake Braddock Secondary in Burke.

Random stuff!
I've got a sister who's 13 and two dogs smile i like to draw, read manga, play DDR, and play video games. and of course play my saxophone and piano ^_^ I like just about any kind of music, ranging from ska to country to christian rock. the only type i can't stand is opera. dont know why, but it makes me cringe. and...... that's about it!

Pictures!

Me and my baby :3 The puppy's name is Jetta, and she's a Tibetan Mastiff biggrin
User Image

Inucoli

RinoaHeartilly

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:38 pm
RinoaHeartilly
Last updated: August 24th, 2006

R@WR~! Sarah here, and as you can guess, I'm a moderator. =X

Guild History
Let's see... I joined the BNG a little over two years ago, and then there was this sticky about wanting to be a moderator, so I filled out this survey and the only thing I remember missing was what Masq's favorite color was... And I still don't know what it is! But yeah, that's how I got modded.

Backround Info
Born and raised in Ohio. I started learning how to play the flute in 6th grade, and am currently attending Whitmer high school as a junior. I've joined the jazz, pep, concert, and marching bands since my life pretty much revolves around music and I can't get enough of it. I'm currently taking piano and guitar lessons.

Blah
As I've already stated above, my name's Sarah, and I'm 16. I'm half Korean, 1/4 Italian, and 3/4 German. My interests include music/band, anime (Fruits Basket), manga (Fruits Basket, Juvenile Orion, Marmalade Boy), Japan, jpop/rock, JDoramas (1 Litre of Tears, Nobuta wo Produce, Kimi wa Petto), fansubbing, Korea, KDramas (Goong, Kim Jung Hoon <3), kpop (UN & CLAZZIQUAI Project), video/computer games, Square-Enix ((FF & KH)), Zelda, RPGs, computers, magic, reading (fantasy, The Belgariad, The Mallorean), writing, badminton, photography, HTML, astronomy, etc.

As far as my obsessions go, I've loved Final Fantasy VIII since 4th grade, which is where I got the name Rinoa Heartilly from. I also love Japanese rock music. My all-time favorite jrock band is L'Arc~en~Ciel, and my jrock Gods are Hyde and Gackt. As of late, I've also been taken in by a few JPop boy groups from Johnny's Entertainment. (NEWS, Kanjani8, KAT-TUN, Arashi, etc.)

Pictures
Okay. I hate the camera. So I don't take a lotta pictures. The only two I do have are absolutely terrible and you can't even really see me! xD If I ever get new ones, I'll be sure to replace these.

User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:20 pm
Saint-Saens

Guild History:

I don't really remember when I joined the guild, but I thought it'd be a neat idea. Considering, i'm still not the band nerd that you might think. I'm only in Concert and Jazz band, and I've never ever marched before. My school doesn't have a marching band, because he'd rather do symphonic all year long and I don't think we have the budget. X.x It's still cool though. The mod-ship started off when Masq made me a temporary mod for some time while some other mods were out of town, and I guess she decided to keep me?

I started the directory back before Sub-forums, and I run the avatar contest. Check it periodically for updates and contest voting. ENTER it too.

Background Info:

Born in good old Missouri, NOT MISSOURAH! I live sort of near St. Louis. It was during my transition from elementary to middle school that I joined band (6th grade). My brother played clarinet during that time and said it was a lot of fun, so I tried it out and loved it. I started on the flute, then later switched to alto so I could be in jazz without renting two instruments (which my parents would not do. My brother quit band because he was tired of the BD. Unfortunately, he talks a lot and is a bit...odd sometimes. But aren't they all?

Currently, I'm second chair 1st alto in symphonic band, and I play 1st chair alto in our Jazz band. The 1st chair in symphonic is 2nd in Jazz band, so I guess he decided to let us both be section leaders.

Random Confabulations:
I'm currently a Junior in high school. Besides band, two of the most central things in my life are swimming and water polo. Our water polo team went 22-2 last year and lost in the state final game to a team (who also went 22-2). Our record against that team was 2-2, so we were very evenly matched. Swimming is something I started doing to get better at water polo. Now, I do it because I enjoy it. Usually in a meet, I swim the 200 Free, 500 Free, and the 400 Free Relay. So far this season, I've qualified for the 500 Free, and I'm about 3 seconds from qualifying in the 200 Free Relay. Our 400 Free Relay team qualified no problem, so that wasn't a big of a deal as the first two.
If you don't see me around the forums often, it's because of swimming and water polo, they control my life. mrgreen

As for my likes and all that other jazz, I like (music), swimming, water polo, history [Yeah, I'm that kid that gets all excited during history class], photography, reading [Not as much as I'd like to]--and that's all I can think of right now.

Pics:
None right now, actually.

Saint-Saens

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:27 pm
Durza the Shade here. There won't be much here yet, as it's late and I want to go to sleep. Of course, standard layout applies.

Guild history:
I joined the guild just before the launch of the GGN. In fact, I provided the last bit of gold needed for the guild creation fee. I was modded soon after, but I've never been quite as active as some of the other mods, especially as time went on. New faces here probably don't recognize me at all - I was gone from Gaia for all of autumn, due to marching band and general senior year pressures. I was almost de-modded, but now I'm back, and I've hopefully redeemed myself by handling the Secret Santa almost-crisis. I'm sticking with accepting new members and posting in Administration right now as I get used to the new layout, what with the subforums and all. And I thought this guild was big when I left!

To Be Continued . . .

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:23 am
Penguin here! You can call me Pen. Or Megan. Either one is fine.

I play the alto saxophone.

Guild History/Info
Well, there's not much to this. I joined the BNG not long after the GGN came out, so I never got to see the original guild thread. That's okay, I guess. This is much more organized, anyway. I'm definitely one of the newer mods in the guild (but at least I'm still on the first page in the mods thread!). There isn't much of a story to that, either. I just applied and got accepted. Oh well, I hope I can help make the guild a better place for everyone!

Gaia Info
I've been on Gaia for quiiiiite a while... since September 2003. I was a stupid noob and didn't get mini wings, an angelic sash, or angelic scarf. Yes, I'm still kicking myself. Anyway, besides the BNG, well... I'm in quite a few other guilds (check my profile if you're that interested), but this is by far the one I'm most active in. I also frequent LD, LI, Entertainment (the main forum, books, and Harry Potter), and a few other random things.

Band Info
I recently graduated high school (class of 08 rules 3nodding ). I first joined band in 4th grade and was in my school's concert band from then until 8th grade. In high school I continued in concert band as well as joined marching band, pep band, saxophone quartet (where I played first alto all four years), and jazz band. I was section leader for my last two years of high school. At our final band awards, I won the Louis Armstrong award (for jazz achievement) and the Bank of America music award. At high school graduation I recieved the Brother Eugenio music award, the highest music award given at my school. Since graduating, I have focused pretty much entirely on jazz, and I am currently in my university's jazz band.

__penguin__
Vice Captain

MHHornfreak
Vice Captain

Fashionable Conversationalist

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:59 am
I guess it's my turn ninja

I'm MHHornfreak but people call me MH or Horn

Guild History:

Well i've been in the guild for a while, but not too long. I never saw the original guild and only found out about this after the GGN.

Background Info:

I'm an ooooooooooooooooooooooooooold bandgeek. I'm situated in Seattle Washington where there are barely any marchingbands that are good. We have superb Orchestras and our Jazz bands are some of the best highschool programs in the country earning themselves various awards and honors at several jazz festivals around the country. I came from an underdog school which at the time had a fairly decent program. When i was there we'd go and travel to jazz festivals and we'd win some and lose some.
I'm also a former member of the University of Washington Husky Marchingband.
I'm pretty much big into jazz and i still play in a 17 piece jazzband comprised of friends from highschool and college students.

More useless info about Moi:

I'm big on anime and travel to various conventions mostly on the west coast, with my trusty saxophone.
I sit around and play various anime and videogame themes which people recognize and listen. My favorite and most requested song is Tank! from Cowboy Bebop.

Pictures

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:23 am

Here I go again! I was originally KitoYasha, but bad things happened to my account and thus I have a new one. 3nodding

Guild History. On a combination of both accounts, I have been in this guild since about January '05, and a moderator since...I don't know when. Over a year, at least. :x I saw an announcement asking for new mods and history was born!

About the Madwoman. Needless to say, I am quite the nerd. My main instrument is the flute, but I am beginning to branch out to others, as well, namely the guitar and bassoon. Once I reach college, it is my intention to drabble in the lower pitches of the flute family if I can ever get my hands on them. I also do quite a bit of reading and writing, am a huge fan of Shakespeare, very politically inclined to both the liberal and socialist parties, a hopeless optimist, teaching myself music theory and take two languages in school. Also, do you know that crazy cat lady you always hear about in cartoons? That will be me one day. cool I have five already!

For what it matters, I am currently a sophomore at BPHS -- but we do hardly any marching. (Not that I mind; symphonic band is much more fun, anyway.) To my knowledge, I'm the youngest mod.

Peek-A-Ture?
    User Image
    (In the middle.)

User Image
    Obviously, I am not "one with nature."

Last updated May 6, 2007.  

Lyrically Adagio

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:41 pm
T i f a

Last Updated: July 27th, 2009

Guild History
I'm not really sure when I joined this guild (My guess would be sometime in 2006). I actually found out about the guild by looking through a friend's guild list.

About Me
For starters, I'm currently 19 years young. I was born in San Jose, California (Yup, the hometown of Gaia Headquarters), but grew up in Colorado and Arizona. I played in the Douglas County High School Marching Band for all 4 years of high school. It was an interesting experience, since I did color guard, trumpet, mellophone, and pit. I played trumpet and French horn for concert band season. As for the stuff I did in pit, I have some experience on marimba, but they made me play auxiliary for the show. I've done my share of small ensembles, including brass choir (Trumpet/French horn), jazz ensemble (Trumpet), and basketball band (Trumpet). I played French horn in Colorado's 2007 Continental League honor band. I even did a trumpet solo for Solo/Ensemble and played French horn in pit orchestra for a choir concert, symphony orchestra for an orchestra concert, and brass ensemble for another choir concert. I guess I could also say that I've lettered twice in band.

I currently attend University of Colorado at Boulder as a Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences major. I joined the Delta Delta Delta (Tri Delta, for short) sorority during the Fall '08 semester, and it has become a huge part of my life. Please don't shoot me, but I am no longer in band. With the number of classes I'm taking and Greek life, I don't have a lot of time during the school year. However, I am still a band supporter. It was a big part of my life, afterall.

Instruments that I still wish I could play: Oboe, English horn, quads, viola, guitar, and piano.

Etc.
Yes, as my username implies, I'm a Final Fantasy fan. I've played most of the games, so don't think that I've only played FFVII! I'm a pretty big video game fan in general. I obsessed over DDR for the longest time and play it occasionally now. My newest gaming obsession is Guitar Hero. Most people have no idea that arcade racing games are my cup of tea. For some reason, I suck at easy tracks, but excel quickly on the hard tracks. Go figure.

I am also a major Harry Potter fan. I like the books and the movies, but like most people, I think that the books are way better. I own a lot of Harry Potter merchandise, including all of the Bloomsbury 1st editions of the books. I even own a tin lunch box with Voldemort on it!

And finally, this is me (I'll post a better picture sometime):
User Image  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas