Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Giving Thanks

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cerulean Crayon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:14 pm
Today was Thanksgiving, and while many people think it's about turkeys and pilgrims, and togetherness, I think there's something about thankfulness to be said. Now, being a Jewish-raised person, holidays like this (Christmas, too) mean eating at a Chinese restaurant, bowling. Being Pagan probably has other meanings, but I wouldn't yet know them. For all I know, posting this may be insulting all of you.

I found this quote during the Jewish High Holidays in the prayer book, and on a whim, I copied it down. It says a lot about what Thanksgiving is to me.

"Let us rejoice in the light of day, in the glory and warmth of the sun, in the reawakening of life to duty and labor.

We rejoice in the light of day, in the earth with its hills and valleys, its widespread fields of grain, its fruit and hidden treasures. We rejoice in the beauty of earth.

In friends who share our sorrows and joys, in the fullness of abundant life, in the serenity of old age, and in the peace that comes at last. We rejoice, and shall rejoice forevermore."

So, happy Thanksgiving.

Ceru  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:00 pm
That's a really nice bit of Thanksgiving writing there, Cerulean. Sounds more Pagan than Jewish, actually. Sounds like something I would recite at Mabon.  

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:24 am
Ummm... Thanksgiving is a secular holiday.

Or were all those Aboriginal Americans somehow Puritans?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games