Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply Advice from a Caterpillar
Alice in Wonderland Themed Party Guide! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What occasion would you use to throw an AiW themed party?
  A birthday!
  Halloween!
  Celebration of some sot (graduation, promotion, etc)
  Wedding..?!
  Who needs an occasion? Every day's a good day for an AiW party!
  None of the above...
  All of the above!
View Results

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:55 am
User Image

Welcome to the Guide!

Hello, guild! I've noticed quite a few people inquiring about AiW party tips, and that got my brain to working. Why don't we have a guide so anyone with questions can look and get their questions answered with ease? That's right... because I haven't put it together yet. XD

At the moment I am still setting up, but if you drift by and have any suggestions you would like me to include feel free to post! I'm no party expert, and I'd love to hear from you all!

I have to admit that I know nothing about anywhere other then Little Town, America; so please forgive me if most of my suggestions are America-based. If you have ideas/suggestions on how to make this guide more internationally minded be sure to post and let me know!

Introduction | Planning | Invitations | Decorations | Costumes/Dress | Food/Drinks | Music | Games/Entertainment | Extra | Extra | Extra | Opening

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:56 am
User Image

Though it probably goes without saying, a good party is a planned party. For any event you put on you need to have a good grasp on the who's, the hows, and the whats... if you don't you might find yourself too frazzled to enjoy your own party! Seeing as nobody wants that, the first thing you should do when the urge to party Alice in Wonderland style hits you is sit down and do a little planning.

Though there are countless ways you can go about doing this successfully, it's recommended that you start off by asking yourself some basic questions.

Question 1: What's the occasion?
Just why are you having an AiW themed party anyway? Birthday? Holiday? Just because? Whatever your reasons, it's a good idea to take into account the occasion and any problems you might encounter as a result of that occasion. Are you wanting to throw a symbolic AiW themed graduation bash? Then you might have to consider countless other parties being thrown that may result in more/less visitors then you're aiming for, guests being unable to attend due to leaving/going home/vising other places, and the like? How about if you're throwing a dark and twisted AiW Halloween party? Some things to consider might be unwanted party crashers, interruptions at an teenager/adult party by children trick-or-treaters, or encountering difficulties scheduling the wheres. The point is, think ahead. There is no reason you can't have an AiW themed party go smoothly no matter the occasion!

Question 2: What's your budget?
Yeah, I know... 'budget' isn't a fun party word! But it's an important one nonetheless! Party planning of all shapes and sizes can get pretty expensive, especially if you go all out on costumes, food, and the theme. Know where your money's coming from and how much you have to work with; you don't want to spend all of your budget money reserving a place for the party to take place and then have none left over for anything else!

In this guide I'll try to be including as many budget-savvy ideas as I can find, but it is your responsibility to watch your own cash. A great way to both split costs and keep excitement for the party going is to have a joint party with a handful of your friends... or, you know, however many you need. You could have people potluck the food (everyone bring something specific) to help; there always seem to be people out there who enjoy being part of a project. The point is your budget is your friend; treat it as such and you will have a much more relaxing party schedule.

Question 3: Where will your party be taking place?
Location, location, location! It's an extremely important part of party planning. Are you going to be hosting your party out of your home? Out of a friend's home? Are you going to take over a neighborhood park, or maybe rent a place that's open to party planning? This is an important thing to establish early in your party planning; once you have a good grasp on where you're going to be you have free reign to go wild on all the fun things!

Don't have a specific location for your party already in mind? Well, never fear! There are plenty of interesting places out there that not only are available, but that can provide unique twists for your special take on the Alice in Wonderland theme. Here are just a small list of suggestions:

For the small party (2-6 people):
Home
Park
Pool
For the medium party (7-15 people):
Bowling Alley
For the large party (15+ people):
Skating Rink
Resturant

Never count out a location that might seem 'childish' just because it is; you never know how much fun you might have strapping on a pair of skates or flinging around a bowling ball! Remember that places like this also often offer special discounts or deals for party throwers and guests, along with offering facilities and protection from the elements should the weather turn bad.

Question 4: How large of a party is this going to be?
The number of attendants is an age-old party additive. After all, it won't be much of a party if you're just there by yourself! So, after you've decided if there is or isn't an occasion you want to center your party around, you should decide how many people you want to invite to your party. Parties can be as small as 2-3 people to more then you can count; you should decide how many you would like to invite based on how many people you can comfortably manage. Look at the location you have chosen for your party: how many people can you comfortably house? Look at your budget: how many can you comfortably feed and provide drinks for? What sort of atmosphere do you want for your party?

Question 5: Theme?!?
Theme allows you to be creative, express yourself, and have fun! With a theme in mind you can choose decorations, costumes, food, and anything else you might need to fit it and make everything go according to your plans! Now, there are a lot of potential themes out there, so I am going to be doing some of the most popular... if there are any more you would enjoy seeing, be sure to let me know!

XXX"Victorian" Themed: in this guide, this is going to refer to very traditional Victorian times. It will include lots of period references, and more lighthearted, childish themes.
XXXAKA: VT

XXX"Gothic" Alice themed: this theme calls for a taste of the dark and the macabre. It will include less traditional ties to the Victorian ideals and more branching out into other types.
XXXAKA: GT

There are probably hundreds of different party themes out there and you shouldn't limit it to what's posted here... which, just to be clear, is being put up for clarification later in this guide. But this is your party; feel free to mix and match how you please!

Some more Really Good Theme Ideas:
Submitted by chani_saint
XXXMad Tea Party Theme
XXXGolden Afternoon Pool Party
XXXQueen's Court

Introduction | Planning | Invitations | Decorations | Costumes/Dress | Food/Drinks | Music | Games/Entertainment | Extra | Extra | Opening

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:57 am
User Image

So you have your awesome party planned... but how is anyone going to know to come? Why, because you've sent out invitations, of course! And since no one wants to break their back preparing a party only to send out lame invitations for it, we'll cover those next.

Why are invitations so important?
Invitations tell people where to go and when. They allow for people to know in advance that you are planning this shindig, that you want them in attendance, the type of party that it is, and what is required of guests. The most efficient way to go about this is to require an RSVP, especially if you're having a party with limited resources; an RSVP will let you know how many to expect and how best to accommodate them. This will also let people know in advance to clear their social calenders so that they can actually attend your party, since everyone knows a party without people is not much of a party at all.

How far in advance should I send out my invitations?
This really depends on the type of party you are throwing and the date on which your party falls. If it is a mostly informal event, like a random tea party or a birthday bash, the norm is to send the invitations 3 weeks to a month before the party date. If it's something more formal, such as a wedding, graduation party, etc... things that might clash with other planned parties, it's more acceptable to send the invitations out 6-8 weeks in advance.

What should I ask my guests to bring?
This depends entirely on what sort of party you're throwing! If you want your guests to bring anything to your party, be it a gift, food for a potluck, a Secret Santa gift, or whatever, it's necessary that you tell them in the initial invitation. Be sure to include specifics if you are suggesting your guests bring something... for example, if your party requires gift swapping of a Secret Santa-type style, you might want to include a price range for the gift or the random name of whomever the person is supposed to be buying for. This doesn't have to be limited to things like the above; if you're throwing a party that involves getting wet you might want to remind your guests to bring a swimsuit, or if you're throwing a fancy tea party you might want to include some sort of list of dress requirements. In all, if there is anything in particular you expect from your guests, you should really let them know! Of course, this is not a requirement for the basic invitation; be sure to check with your party planning to see to what extent you need to go in this particular category.

What are RSVPs and are they required?
From what I've been able to find, RSVP means "répondez s'il vous plaît", which is French for 'please respond'. Including a RSVP in an invitation is almost always required; it allows you to know who is coming so that you may refine your plans for the day of the party. When including an RSVP, give your intended guest a phone number that you know can be easily reached, and be sure to include whether you want them to call to confirm their attendance, excuse themselves from the event, or both. This is important especially if you are planning key aspects of your party around the number of guests or if each of your guests is expected to bring something important to the party. Besides, it's considered polite on the parts of both the guest and the host (that's you!).

What if my guest wants to bring more people to my party then I'm expecting?
In a best case scenario, an RSVPing guest will mention that they would enjoy bringing another person along to your party (say, your best friend's sister is in town and it would make her day to bring her along for a little girl time) and ask your permission. Seeing as they are not on the official guest list you have no obligation to accept them; that being said, if you are having a casual meeting or have plenty of time in advance, you'd probably be better off allowing the extra guest or two. Just make sure to check your obligations: are you going to have too many mouths to feed at your loud music party, or are two or three extra people going to offend your snooty neighbor? If you plan in advance these things should be easy enough to smooth over. But if you are restrained by some planning restrictions, make sure your confirmed guests understand these restraints so there won't be any misunderstandings on the day of your party.

Invitation Ideas:
- Make the invitations resemble playing cards; get creative! (Contributed by chani_saint)

Introduction | Planning | Invitations | Decorations | Costumes/Dress | Food/Drinks | Music | Games/Entertainment | Extra | Extra | Opening

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:58 am
User Image

Decorating can be one of the most enjoyable parts of planning a party, but it can also be one of the most stressful. If you think ahead and pay mind to all of the elements of your particular party then you can ensure it's the former rather then the latter!

Do decorations really take that much advanced planning?
Well, that depends on the specifics of your party but, in general, the answer is yes. Decorations are a completely optional element to any party; more often then not they do not aid you in keeping your guests entertained or fed, do not keep people safe, or do not keep things in order. Decorations are, primarily, purely for aesthetics. So the question you need to ask yourself is how important the aesthetics are to you. In answering this you probably want to take in the location you're throwing your party in as well as what sort of party it is. Is your party a picnic held out under the open skies? Then decorating the surrounding probably won't be your first priority; keeping it simple makes the most sense. Are you throwing an extreme AiW paintball bash? Then the last thing you might want to do is spend a lot of time and money on decorations that are just going to get destroyed anyway. Keep in mind that this all depends on you -- it's your party, and if you want to decorate the bejesus out of it, then, by all means! But know that if you want to do a good job it does take advanced planning. The last thing you want to be doing before party time is stressing out because your decorations aren't exactly how you wanted them to be!

How much of my budget should go into decorating?
Again, this depends entirely on the type of party you're throwing and the size of your budget. Keep in mind when you're planning that you also have to buy food and drinks (possibly the largest expense of any party), along with any other party essentials. The decorations should not be what you spend the majority of your budget on!

Do I absolutely have to put a lot of effort into decorating for my Alice in Wonderland themed party?
No way! Maybe you're just low key and casual; maybe your party theme is 'Craft your own AiW decorations' themed! You can have a great time without bothering with decorations; as long as you're happy with your location that is all that matters. You can also take the location into consideration: are you hosting your tea party in a fancy tea house? Then there's no real need to go out of your way to make your surroundings delicate and Victorian, is there? How about if you're throwing your rave in a dark basement? No need to kill yourself decorating if the majority of said decorations would be in the dark, huh? Your party can be whatever you want it to be; there's nothing wrong with working with what you've got!

I really want to decorate! But things are so expensive; how can I save some money and still decorate to the extent I want?
The world of cash and credit can seem really overwhelming, but there are plenty of ways to save money! Making your decorations by hand can be a huge money saver, especially if you're crafty with those sorts of things. Not so much? Then another great idea is to ask around to see what you can borrow. Have a Gothic friend with some great Victorian items? Then ask to borrow them for your party! Have a grandma, next door neighbor, or old aunt with some gorgeous china? There's no harm in asking! * Have a friend who owes you a favor/present/is just too nice for their own good? Make them craft things for you. Another great idea (though, be advised, to get the best result for this it has to be begun some time in advance) is to hit up thrift stores or garage sales. Tastes change and people get rid of some really good stuff which you can then pick up for a very good price. I got a gorgeous hand painted teapot from a garage sale recently for just a quarter; if you have the time to bargain shop it can really pay off!

*REMEMBER: When someone allows you to borrow something, they do so with the belief that you will return it to them intact unless otherwise stated. If you have even the slightest inkling that you won't be able to return what you're borrowing in the state you received it, save yourself a headache and don't borrow. Personal responsibility is key, guys!

Decorating ideas!

- If your guests have assigned seats, use Eat Me/Drink me tags to designate who sits where. Write Eat Me/Drink Me on one side and the name of the guest on the other; attach the tags to glasses, cup handles, utensils, or any other food/drink item to give your dining a distinctly Wonderland feel. (Contributed by chani_saint)
-- Like the idea above? chani_saint also suggests tying the tags to bottles of potpourri to mark places if you don't want your guests to deal with tags on their eating ware.

- Having a pool party or any celebration near a body of water? Buy some cheap umbrellas and decorate the handles to look like zany birds of any flavor. Look to the Alice books for inspiration or use your imagination; when you're done flip them upside down and let the umbrellas float in the water to make a floating flock of fowl. (Contributed by chani_saint)

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:59 am
User Image

Who doesn't enjoy dressing up, I ask you?! Who?! WHO?! Nobody, that's who. The adventures in Wonderland and through the Looking Glass are fantastical tales that give you plenty of costuming opportunities, and this part of the guide will be answering any and all of your costuming inquiries!

Are costumes necessary for my party?
Psssh, no way! It's your party; with or without costumes its what you want it to be. ^_^

What are the benefits to dressing up for the party?
Well, first and foremost, costuming is fun. Remember Halloween when you were a kid? (Or more recently, if you're like me...) Remember how much fun it was to get all dressed up? That's why; I don't care who you are, playing dress up is fun! It can help you get into the mood to party AiW style, and if you're being someone in particular dressing up like them can help you get into character. While optional, costuming can be an element that helps complete your party, and if you plan for it properly it can lead to fantastic memories!

What sort of costume should I wear to my party?
Well, this depends entirely on your party theme. For example, if you're throwing a pool party you might not go all out making a fancy Lolita dress for your Alice outfit. If you're having a light, delicate tea party you might not want to show up in chained pants and grunge ware. Though not required by any means it's always a nice touch to continue your theme even into what you've chosen to wear. Are you dressing up as a particular character? Then it's within your best interest to wear something that calls back to that character. For example, if you're the Queen in a Heart Court birthday party you might want to go out of your way to find heart things to wear. If you know you want a costume but are unsure of exactly what kind of costume you want, try surfing the internet or doing other sorts of research to see what appeals to you. Remember that this is your party; it's all your rules!

Is it a good idea to require my guests to dress up to attend my party?
This is entirely up to you -- if you're not too big on dressing up, then you by no means should force others to. But it is a party and you're supposed to have fun, so if you're serious about maintaining the AiW feel requiring people to dress up might not be such a bad idea! Remember, though; people live busy lives and might not be as concerned with devoting time to finding a costume as you will be. Your best bet is to encourage people to dress up but not require it; that way you won't leave any of your guests feeling alienated. If you expect at least a portion of your guests to dress up you should make sure to tell them what kind of dress you're requiring. Is it a crazy hat party? Then make a note somewhere in the invitation that hats are a must. Is it a ballroom Court Ball? Then be sure to mention in the invitation that dresses will be required for the ladies and ties for the gentlemen. Masquerade? Remember to inform them that they'll need to bring their own masks if you won't be providing them! Costuming requires planning; if you want your guests to dress up, be sure to give them plenty of time to prepare!

I want to buy myself a costume for my party. Where can I go to buy one?
Your best bet is probably the internet. With Halloween being as popular as it is, websites selling Halloween costumes are kept up and running year round; there's almost always Alice in Wonderland related things for sale. There are a few things to keep in mind if you're purchasing these, though -- ladies, the majority of these costumes are of the 'adult' persuasion; meaning that the skirts are going to be short and the tops cut even shorter. If you're self conscious about going out dressed like this (like I know I am), or if you're using the credit cards of parents who might not enjoy finding the buying of 'Naughty Alice costume' to their liking, you might want to look elsewhere. Don't loose hope though; things bought online can be altered, remember! Guy or girl, make sure you have your proper measurements before making an online purchase. It'd be really annoying if you spent the money and then couldn't get your arms in the sleeves, right guys? If you go this route, do your research and order in advance; remember to allow some weeks for your ordered costume to arrive! Don't like the idea of ordering online? Well you can always check your local malls; depending on your party you can alter individual pieces to fit your needs. If it's near Halloween time or if you live near a costume/party store you could be in luck -- check the shelves to see what they have in stock, and if you don't find anything there be sure to ask the cashiers. If nothing else they can do a more thorough check of the store, and they might be able to order you something and give you a time to come back and pick it up. You can also check your local thrift stores or any garage sales for things being sold. Though this method takes much more time, if you have it to spare you can collect some pretty unique pieces to bring your outfit together.

I want to dress up, but buying a costume is so expensive..!
Worry not! If you're of a crafty nature you can create your own costume; patterns and fabrics come pretty cheap at WalMart, and if you go to a place they can give you hints, tricks, and maybe even give you information about classes at the store that will walk you through the sewing process. If you're of a mind to make your own costume there are also lots of forums and web pages online designed to encourage and trade ideas; find one that fits your interests and settle in for tips from seasoned seamstresses or encouragement from other young people in the costuming business. Not so good with a needle and thread? Well keep your eyes open and explore thrift stores and garage sales; like with decorations you can get some fantastic deals. Hitting up the latter may require getting up early a few weekends, but if you have a good eye you may be able to score a vintage hat for a dollar or a funky disco ball for a quarter. Think your party theme, and don't get discouraged! There's always a way to dress up!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:00 pm
User Image

Why should I have food and beverages at my party?
It's always a good idea to have some sort of food on hand when you have a group of people in one place; hungry people are prone to be cranky people, after all, and nobody likes a cranky party. Whether you choose to have an assortment of munchies or a full course meal, having something for guests to eat and drink is not only polite, its a party standard. And planning for and having food and drinks available before the party begins can save you the time and trouble of scrounging one or the other up when you could otherwise be having fun!

How much of my party planning budget should I put towards food and drinks at my party?
Very smart to consider in advance, a good chunk of your budget can be eaten up this way if you aren't careful. The answer to this question should depend on how many people you're inviting to the party, the type of food and drinks you want to provide (if you have specifics), and how much time you're willing to invest in it. If you have a lot of people coming to your party, look to buy in bulk; it can save you some money in the long run. If you're going to be making food by hand, allow a little more of your funds; it's always smart to make sure you know how to make whatever you're intending to make before you serve it at your party. Having extras on hand is always a good idea! Also, it's a general rule of thumb that you buy and provide more drinks then edibles for your guests, especially if you're expecting them to be dancing or anything else strenuous during your party.

What sort of food should I serve at my party?
The sort of food you choose to serve at your celebration is strictly up to you and how detailed your party is. Is it a rave Alice-themed party? Then you'll want to make sure there's lots of water on hand, snack foods, things that are easy to transport and aren't likely to leave a big mess. Is your party going to be a close, intimate tea party? Then you might want to look to finger sandwiches, tea, and other Victorian-inspired recipes. However, it's generally a good idea to have a few party staples on hand no matter the theme: pretzels, pizza, sodas, water, and chips are good items to have on hand, just in case. After all, you never know when one of your guests mysteriously can't eat some ingredient in that scrumptious cake you made! You can't go wrong with these basic staples, and they're probably great to fall back on if you're throwing a larger party. Remember: the larger the party, the larger the supplies you'll need and the more expensive it'll be! So unless you're supper efficient, hand making food for a group larger then ten might be biting off more then you can chew, if you'll excuse the pun.

I want to hand make food for my party! What should I make sure to know/do before I start?
Well, first and foremost, you should know the recipe. ^_^ I know, I know, "it's memorized!" Humor me; always make sure you have and completely understand a recipe before you're scrambling to make it the night before the big day, okay? Also, make sure you have all of the equipment you need. This also includes space for storage; are you going to need to keep things frozen for a while? Make sure you have the space cleared and set apart for your creations. Speaking of which, not many of us live alone; make sure you let others know not to touch whatever you've set apart to cool, or warm, or whatever needs to happen to it. Your guests can't enjoy those cupcakes you made if the dog got to them first! Speaking of guests, another wonderful thing to know before you dive into the hand made treat making business is whether any of your invitees have allergies to be avoiding. Many people have peanut allergies or are lactose intolerant; because it's going to be home make there won't be any ingredient labels for your guests to be checking before chowing down. Food allergies can be severely dangerous, and they always ruin a good time. How to avoid this? You can do several things; first of all, you can include what you plan to make in your invitations so guests will know in advance what you're making. You can offer an invitation to include any allergies they'd like to make you aware of in the RSVP. Still making things one of your guests might be allergic to is fine; just make sure you provide plenty of other options for them to enjoy! One last thing that's good to know is how much time and effort your creation will take; it's important to know how far in advance to start cooking/baking so you won't be rushing before your party begins.

I want to serve tea at my party! But I know little about it; what should I serve?
TEA! TEA! TEA! What's Alice in Wonderland without tea? Well, it's not much, I tell you. Making tea a staple in an Alice in Wonderland themed party is always a good idea. ^_~ But there is quite a bit to learn about it; if you don't already have a favorite in mind, you might want to check out this site. Not only does it list teas, it has a lot of interesting tidbits of information about tea in general; it's a good site to peruse for basic information. Next, hit up Google; see if there are any tea shops in your area. The people that work in tea shops are super knowledgeable about their craft; not only that, but they usually have free samples and wares out to smell and discuss. Don't have a tea shop nearby? Hit up your local grocery store or an ethnic store and look for the tea section. From there, it's all about trying things... that's the fun part, of course! Don't be afraid to try different blends; you never know what you may like! Choose favorites, and don't be afraid to have a variety prepared to chose from. If you're new to the whole tea thing you might want to stick to bagged teas; if you're a little more experienced you might be more comfortable with loose leaves, which are easier to customize and pretty fun. <3 But when you make that decision, remember that loose tea leaves require a little more work, cleanup, and equipment.

Recipes and Ideas
--Earl Gray Ice Cream and Earl Gray Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (Contributed by Sh0ur4i)
--Try Disney's Edible Teacups (Contributed by Noxious Weed)

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:00 pm
User Image

What sort of music should be played at my party?
You're probably getting tired of hearing this, but think of the theme. Are you having a Victorian tea party? Then think piano music, classical pieces, or the soundtrack music from your favorite historical movie. The same applies to whatever your theme. However, remember to allow for different circumstances: have dance music on hand if you expect your guests to dance! And don't plan to have heavy metal pumping if at some point speaking to others is going to be important.

It's an Alice in Wonderland themed party! Where can I find Alice in Wonderland-esque music?
Well, fortunately for you you belong to a Wonderland-tastic guild! Check out the following link to find some great options:
Not Disney Related AiW Music -- Set up by Pooka; this is a list of songs released by 'modern' artists that have some AiW relation
New Disney Alice Soundtrack -- Set up by Azure, it gives some links to the official soundtrack from the Disney movie featuring Johnny Depp

What sort of things should I consider before I play music at my party?
Well, consideration #1 should be others. Unless you're one of those strange creatures that enjoys the cops coming to break up a good time, you should strive to be considerate towards people who aren't in attendance. Loud music can be very distracting, so make sure to think about your parents, next door neighbor, or any other groups of people that may be in the same location as you while your party's taking place. A polite gesture that may garnish good will would be to pay a visit to anyone that could be effected and letting them know in advance that you're having a party with loud music. And if at some point you're asked to keep it down, say, because your neighbor has to go to work early the next morning? Keep it down; I know it can be a bummer, but you want your party to be a good time, not filled with drama. Besides, your party guests will leave eventually; it takes a lot more effort to get away from your neighbor.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:01 pm
User Image

I'm a fuddy-duddy when it comes to games and entertainment; I need help for this section! Have a questions? Something to contribute? Post to the thread! Please and thank you!

Option
Text

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:02 pm
User Image

This post is reserved!
Just in case there's something in the future to expand on... have a suggestion for what can go here? Feel free to post in this thread, and I'll see what I can do!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:03 pm
User Image

This post is reserved!
Just in case there's something in the future to expand on... have a suggestion for what can go here? Feel free to post in this thread, and I'll see what I can do!

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:04 pm
User Image

Feel free to leave suggestions! This guide is never 'finished'; I don't know jack about parties! This is a guild-wide guide; it needs your contribution! So if you have ideas about any of the above posts, or think of something else that should be added, don't be afraid to post and let me know. Thanks, and hope this helps!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:35 pm
use playing cards for invitations or place cards at table

teacup cupcakes

use cookie icing as placecards

host wears crown

umbrellas in pool

flowers ...and lots of them

it really depends on the main theme of the party, i have had a few AIW theme parties (ex mad tea, golden afternoon pool party, queen's court)  

chani_saint

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:08 pm
Oooh... thanks for the suggestions! I'll get them up as soon as possible... I do have a question though. Could you elaborate on "use cookie icing as placecards " and the umbrellas in the pool, please? It sounds interesting, but I want to be able to explain it, lol. ^_^

Yeah... I'll have themes up soon enough, my internet's just being crazy slow. ^_^; I'm going to kind of be very general about themes though... at the moment I'm going to cover a "dark" and "light" themes... eh, it'll all make more sense when I get it up there. I'm open for more suggestions, though! ^^

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:33 pm
you remember when she eats cookies that say eat me? have names on cookies instead. or you could put potpourri (sorry forgot how to spell it) in bottles and put "drink me _____" on the tags to put as place cards to.

for a party i had merrideth bought cheapo umbrellas and made them into those odd bird like creatures (foam and lots of hot glue lol) from the cartoon and had them floating upside down in the pool.

hope i helped!  

chani_saint

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:29 pm
Ah, thank you -- those are good ideas! You've also reminded me that I forgot to add a Decoration(s) one, which is somewhat important. I'll be adjusting the things to fit with that add in over the next few days... I have stuff I'm supposed to be studying at the moment. XP  
Advice from a Caterpillar

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff