Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
Interview with Spencer

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kylie the Cumbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:53 pm
Quote:
Why the new vibe for Panic! At the Disco? Credit a scenery change

“It’s great,” said drummer Spencer Smith, during an interview with The Flint Journal from a Boston tour stop. “It was amazing. It’s been awhile since we’ve done a tour where we weren’t headlining. We’ve done festivals and stuff, but it’s fun to be done playing at 7:45 and just get to watch the rest of the bands for the rest of the night. We know a lot of people on the tour already and to see Blink, it’s been a lot of fun.”

Smith, along with fellow original member lead singer Brendon Urie, watched Blink-182 from the soundboard on opening night and was impressed by what he saw.

“I’d only seen them one time and that was in like 2000/2001 when they toured with Green Day,” Smith said. “It’s pretty amazing to see those guys back on stage. For me, playing drums and watching Travis (Barker, Blink-182 drummer) do a drum solo where he goes up in the air and flies around, it’s probably the most ridiculous, unbelievable spectacle I’ve ever seen on stage. It’s a blast to watch.”

Panic! At the Disco, which recently restored the exclamation point to its name, is touring in support of its latest single, “New Perspective,” which appears on the soundtrack to the film “Jennifer’s Body.” The song is the first tune Smith and Urie worked on together as a duo. Recently, bassist Jon Walker and guitarist/songwriter Ryan Ross left the band due to the elusive “creative differences.”

“We started working on the song not knowing what it would be for,” said Smith, who along with Urie is working on a new album for release in early 2010. “Right around the time we recorded it, it was when we were asked if we had a song for the movie. We asked if they wanted to use that song, luckily they decided to use it. It’s got a little more of an optimistic, a little more of a summer vibe than some of our other songs.

“It probably came from writing it in the spring and we had just moved out to California (from Las Vegas). We’re living near the ocean and going surfing every day, which we’ve never done before. We tried to get that out in the song, I guess.”

When Panic! At the Disco announced that Walker and Ross were leaving, it reassured fans that the Blink-182 tour would still happen, thanks to help from guitarist Ian Crawford, former The Cab member, and bassist Dallon Weekes, singer/songwriter of the indie band The Brobecks.

“(Ian) is a phenomenal musician and a great singer as well,” Smith said. “It was a lot of fun working with him and sort of figuring out the new dynamic and chemistry on stage as well. Two days ago the first show on this tour was the first time we’ve played in front of an audience. It’s kind of crazy that that audience was thousands of people. It was fun and it went well. Dallon, our bass player, is a friend as well. We’re actually having a really good time. Luckily it all went according to plan. So that’s good.”

Thanks to  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:23 pm
I'd Love To Watch Them Surf!
But Why Did They Move? D:
Then I'd Majorly Be Even More Of A Stalker....
Haha(:!
What Beach Do They Go To?
Hammmmmm....
Haha(:!

FIRE_OnThe_DanceFloor

5,350 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff