Reply Novels/Novellas
Saga of the Valkyrie:Warrior of Light

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rachetgirl11

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:47 pm
This is the prologue of Warrior of Light. Enjoy, and I'll get the actual story up and running soon.

The year is 1000 A.D.

After The Sage's War came to an end, I served the only remaining wizard in the world. A man soon came, wishing to learn the secrets of dark magic, hoping to use such magic to better the world. The wizard agreed, and soon, the new apprentice learned everything there was to know about dark magic.

Now, jump ahead to today, 2009 A.D.

That same apprentice has used his dark magic to kill, take the souls of the slain, and create an empire of demons, the Hellspawn Empire. All of Earth is controlled by them. Daily executions for petty crimes, cameras on every street corner, systematic massacres, all of this done by the Hellspawn Empire. It's been years, nay, centuries since anyone tried resistance. But now, all of our hopes lie with Dean Herrick, and his resistance, the Valkyrie. But I see more hope lying with his son, Erik. Could Erik be the one to kill the one who started all this? Could Erik kill the former apprentice of the great wizard? Could he kill Krious?

No, that is impossible.

Unless...

Unless Erik is the Warrior of Light.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:04 am
Let's begin, shall we?

Chapter 1: Arming a Hero

Jason sauntered through the Valkyrie base, looking for Dean. As Valkyrie strategist, he needed to advise Dean on the next course of action. The Valkyrie had been raiding the Hellspawn Empire for some time, and now that the Hellspawn Empire was on the defensive, now was the time to strike, before reinforcements showed up...or before reinforcements were created by killing innocent civilians.

Allow me to explain the process by which a demonic Hellspawn is created: A creature is killed by means of darkness, such as a cursed weapon or certain evil magic. The soul of the slain being is then taken, and is placed into a demon's body. The demon resembles the shape of the former living being, but all other traces of the past self are gone, replaced by a life hating demon that follows orders given by the higher ups. Jason understood this process, and he also knew that beings dying by means other then dark magic would be untouchable by the Hellspawn. Jason was lost, thinking of the Hellspawn creation process, that he didn't see Dean, and rammed into him. "Hey! Watch where you-oh, hey, Jason, sorry about that." Jason had staggered back, but regained his balance before he fell. "No hard feelings, Dean. I needed to talk to you about something. Privately." Dean scowled. "If this is about Erik again..." Jason shook his head. "I'm not one to slam my head against a brick wall, Dean. You said no, and you're the boss. I have no intents of defying you." Dean sighed. "All right, let's go to my office."

Jason had been in Dean's office multiple times, and yet, the sight of it still amazed him. Heck, the whole base amazed him, the fact that a full military operation, complete with housing for two thousand soldiers, could fit underground was amazing. Dean cleared his throat, a sign to Jason to stop daydreaming and pay attention. "Now, Jason, what is so important we couldn't speak publicly?" Jason sat down, prepared for a wall of opposition. "We must attack the Empire directly." "WHAT?" Dean screamed, and Jason was very glad the walls were soundproof. "WHAT MAKES YOU THINK WE HAVE THE POWER TO DO SUCH A CRAZY THING? YOU HAVE THREE SECONDS TO EXPLAIN YOURSELF BEFORE I SHOOT YOU FOR BEING AN IDIOT!" Jason took a deep breath and explained. "The Empire is on the defensive. At this point, they are far more vulnerable then we had ever hoped. These raids we have been conducting have shortened the Empire's stock of supplies. Without supplies, we may be able to attack. Additionally, a General is coming to town, to inspect some of the buildings around town for security issues. If we attack while he's inspecting the mall, we may have an opening. They won't be expecting us, and the battle tips in our favor." Dean sat back in his chair. "You really think this will work?" Jason nodded. "Then we mobilize. I don't like the idea, but at least we'll have tried." Jason stood up, and left. In reality, he had a plan that wasn't going to just win this battle, Jason's plan was going to launch an entire war-a war that the Valkyrie would win.  

Rachetgirl11

Rachetgirl11

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:26 am
Erik wandered around the now empty base, looking for any sign of life. There was none. Every solider in the base had disappeared. Erik was the son of the Valkyrie's leader, Dean. The soldiers didn't hide things from him, they liked him too much, believing him to be the next commander of the Valkyrie. Erik had been assisting in the raids against the Hellspawn Empire, and he commanded the troop's respect. Erik also knew that there was no major operations today. What gives? Erik was walking around aimlessly when he found Jason. "Thank God i found someone! What's up, Jason?" Jason just glared. "Erik, come with me. Now." Erik seemed surprised by Jason's seriousness. Something was definitely going on. Jason took Erik down through the base's level, to a room Erik had never seen before. "There is a sword in the room beyond. That sword contains more power then the entire Hellspawn Empire. But only the proper wielder can even touch the blade. i believe, Erik, that you shall be the one to take the blade." Jason placed his hand on the scanner, and after a few seconds, the door slid open. Beyond the door was a shrine, with the aforementioned blade in the middle. Erik, not waiting for Jason's command, walked up to the blade. It was a broadsword, and a true piece of art. The blade reflected any light shining on it. No, it seemed to shine with its own light. Erik grabbed the hilt of the blade, and when he did, a great flash of light blinded him! Even Jason had to avert his eyes from the light. From out of nowhere, a voice seemed to speak to Erik. you were meant to hold this blade. Go now, smash the followers of Darkness. The light subsided, and Erik turned to Jason, sword in hand, and asked one question: "Where is everyone?" Jason smiled. "They are busy changing the course of history. Want to join them?" Erik smiled, and followed Jason out to where the action was about to begin.

((All right people, I'm open and ready for criticism.))  
Novels/Novellas

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games