Reply Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}
Things about love.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

viper_353

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:38 pm
Hey, I was just thinking about this and wanted to write it down on here. Idk if this is the right place, if I'd isn't feel free to move it anywhere! But I was thinking about this bible verse I've had written out in my bible for a long time and it's Jonah 4:2 where it says: "I knew that you were a gracious and loving God, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love. I knew how easily you could cancel your plans for destroying these people." And In this case, Jonah is actually yelling at God because he's so angry that God will not destroy these peope! And I just thought, isn't this the most amazing passage we can look at for God's love? That this human man is thrashing around, arguing with God because he is such a God that he will watch as his very favoured children curse him over these people whom this man has seen in their worst and has been hurt by do much. And Jonah was so mad because the could tell God a list of all of the bad things these people had done, but most of all Jonah knew that he didn't need to tell God any of these things because he knew that God already knew that God knew them perfectly well. These people didn't know that. They had before this turned their backs on whatever God sent their way! And here was Jonah's God saving these people. Doing such an act of his own nature that it disgusted Jonah because he could not wrap his head around the idea of a forgivness on such a grand scale. In this verse I find the most encouraging part about God's love because he has such love that us people could be angry and fighting him over tut but he still sends it washing over us.
Idk those were just the thoughts I have tonight.
I heart u Jesus daddy  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:19 am
I concur. There were plenty of times that I told God, "piss off" or "what kinda God are you, anyway? How could let all this bullcrap happen?" , but He just sat back and took it and I'm ashamed of myself that I could ever have thought that.... It's just embarrassing how little faith I had back then...  

ferret658

Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff