Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Fear, Pan-ic and Ritual

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:47 pm
The Temples constructed with elements of Heron of Alexandria's work inspired Awe. Awe in the traditional sense.

The thumping of your heart, the adrenaline rush of Pan-ic.

Whatever the source- is fear, a palpable sense of fright part of your spiritual expression?

If so- how and why?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:54 pm
I've kind of picked up the Dionysian "out of your comfort zone" approach to interaction with the Gods. Especially Hellenic ones. There's a definite element of fear attached to it that helps me remove myself from the every-day.

That, and the Gods are just plain scary.  

Collowrath

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:26 pm
When the Light exposes the all that is in Darkness, what lies in the Darkness is terrifying. You are confronted with things you have fought so hard against in your exoteric life just to find out that the things that you tried to destroy in others were actually a part of yourself all along. When you learn that which you hate is actually something you cherish and treasure very deeply. This I find truly terrifying in my path because I am panicked by leaving what I believe to be comfort.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:30 pm
One cannot hold fear in their hearts if they are to entreat Anhur.
One cannot entreat Ahriman without it.  

Fiddlers Green

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:56 am
Collowrath
I've kind of picked up the Dionysian "out of your comfort zone" approach to interaction with the Gods. Especially Hellenic ones. There's a definite element of fear attached to it that helps me remove myself from the every-day.

That, and the Gods are just plain scary.

This.

My first real experience with Dionysos besides thinking, "I'd like this" left me with 30 seconds of joy, a half hour of panic, and nervous for a week.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:42 am
As Set is one the major ones I work with, I am sometimes afraid of the things that will bring into my life. He is a being of chaos, but it is necessary chaos. Tearing down the pillars to build anew.

Large changes, and shifts, can be a frightening things, most certainly.  

IH_Zero

Synnthetika

5,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:02 pm
I think awe is an excellent word to describe my reaction when in "sacred space-time."

I think it's good to feel some level of discomfort, fear, panic when working with the Gods. To me anyway, it resonates that the Beings I am talking to, worshiping, sacrificing to, are greater than I am. Just that knowledge alone, when faced with it directly, is awe-inspiring and scary. Not all my experiences are extreme where I feel unsettled for a while, in fact, most aren't. However, usually after I've been in "sacred time-space" I feel very "heavy." Like something really intense just happened.

Honestly, I think it would be strange, for me, to have an experience without feeling some level of fear. To me, it would feel shallow and meaningless.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:07 pm
Channeling is largely a calming focusing maneuver. That being said, there are some Essences and one or two Aspects that just touched the energies of them put me into mild anxiety attacks for a week.

But that's largely affinity issues.  

Recursive Paradox

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces