Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
God Save Our King

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x - Johnny HazardXx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:24 pm
I haven't seen any talk of it in any other forums or here. I LOVE it, it's my favorite Anime series so far. Yuri is my favorite anime character too.

It's wacky and strange funny and epic. Yuri's element is water which is so cool, I'm an Aquarius (which is an air sign) but we are water bearer's.

Anyway I really like it and wondering if anyone else here has seen it or heard of it.

So lets discuss "God Save Our King" *

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

* (sorry if this doesn't belong here)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:27 pm
Actually I haven't heard of this anime, But that's just as great as having not seen it because that means I now have a new anime to investigate. Can you tell those of us who haven't heard about it a little bit more about it? Maybe a short synopses or something?  

zeithalter

x - Johnny HazardXx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:45 pm
I absolutely LOVE it heart

From Wikipedia in Japanese it's Kyo Kara Maho!

Kyo Kara Maoh! takes place in an alternate world which Shibuya Yuri travels to by coming in contact with various sources of water. There are many nations in the alternate world, however, the plot centers around the nation of Shin Makoku (眞魔国?, True Mazoku Land) (officially translated "Great Demon Kingdom"). The people of the kingdom are Mazoku (魔族?). In the official translation, Mazoku is rendered as "demon" or "Demon Tribe", depending on context. The Demon Tribe are granted the privilege of making an agreement with an element of nature, which allows them to manipulate that element through the use of their Maryoku (魔力, Mazoku power?) controlled using Majutsu (魔術?, Mazoku special discipline). In the English translation, both terms are rendered as "magic". Covenant Castle (also translated as Blood Pledge Castle), in the capital of the Great Demon Kingdom (and modeled after the Alcázar of Segovia in Spain), is the residence of the Maoh (マ王 or 魔王, Maō?), or "Mazoku King" (officially "Demon King"). The culture in the Great Demon Kingdom is very different from the Japanese culture Yuri is accustomed to, and the differences make for some amusing mishaps with long ranging consequences, such as an accidental proposal of marriage. The Great Demon Kingdom shows many similarities to medieval Germany. For example, the pronunciations of the names (as well as several of the names themselves) and the indications of language in the Great Demon Kingdom are derived or transliterated from the German language. Also, Conrad gives Yuri his name, which he claims means "July" in the language of the Great Demon Kingdom. In German, July is "Juli" pronounced "Yu-lee". Due to the lack of distinction between the Western sounds of the letters L and R in the Japanese language, this is rendered in Japanese as "Yuri." He also sometimes claims that he is nicknamed "Shibuya Yuri Harajuku Furi" and that Conrad is responsible for it. Also, it may be noted that the nobles of the kingdom are named using the traditional naming conventions of German nobility, using the preposition "von" in their surnames to denote their fiefdom, as in Günter von Christ and Wolfram von Bielefeld.

EDIT: I wanted to add it's really off beat and this synopsis doesn't capture that. The first time he warps to the demon world it's because bullies flush his head in the toilet. The accidental proposal of marriage to wolfrum was when he got mad and slapped him. Slapping someone I guess in the demon kingdom is asking for a hand in marriage. and Gunter Von Christ is the silliest character ever. He's obsessed with Yuri like a fanatic. It's just really random and fun I'm on season 6 right now ^_^

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:49 pm
This one definitely looks like one to investigate. Thanks for the information, I'll give you my impression of it once I watch it.  

zeithalter

x - Johnny HazardXx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:51 pm
Cool it's a lot of fun (check my edit wink )  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:09 pm
Probably one of the funniest anime I enjoy. I love the brothers.

Seriously though it was the manga that really got me into the series... that and the kid being sucked down a toilet.  

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

x - Johnny HazardXx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:07 pm
Wyrn
Probably one of the funniest anime I enjoy. I love the brothers.

Seriously though it was the manga that really got me into the series... that and the kid being sucked down a toilet.

I'll have to check out the manga! And it's totally funny it has me and my bf always laughing and saying "OMGosh What just happened??" Or "OMGosh What did he just say??" rofl Highly entertaining!

P.S. And I just grabbed your booty xd

90/23

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:03 am
x - Johnny HazardXx

I'll have to check out the manga! And it's totally funny it has me and my bf always laughing and saying "OMGosh What just happened??" Or "OMGosh What did he just say??" rofl Highly entertaining!

90/23

I'm mildly surprised you have not gotten the manga since you are such a big fan. I collect Asuka when I can so I would read Kyo Kara Maoh when I get it and even gotten a few cool posters of it from the magazine.  

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

x - Johnny HazardXx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:41 pm
Wyrn
x - Johnny HazardXx

90/23

I'm mildly surprised you have not gotten the manga since you are such a big fan. I collect Asuka when I can so I would read Kyo Kara Maoh when I get it and even gotten a few cool posters of it from the magazine.

I just started liking Manga. I used to only watch Anime movies, for some reason I just thought series too short. That you had to keep up with them like a soap opera. But after a few accidental rentals of episodes realized how wrong I was xp I mainly get my stuff from the library and I don't know if they have the Manga. I'll totally check it out though if they do. Right now I'm reading Karin Chibi Vampire and I like it! So I guess I'm a Manga fan now too lol!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:53 pm
O_o I watched all of the episodes. I had to wait a long time for the english sub for the rest of the series to come out but it was worth it. There is a guild that discusses Kyo Kara Maou but if I remember correctly it's a Yaoi guild. Anyway I just started the manga and I'm very excited. Wolfram, Murata and Conrad are my favorites but I wonder why a lot of the fans hate Greta.  

Zumae

An Anime Addict's Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff