Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Chaos Magic?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ferine Coyote

Dangerous Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:34 pm
Does anyone practice it? Is it offensive to other "spellcasters" etc?
Can you summon Cthulu? Is there anything dirty about it like Wicca?
Can I honestly have more newbie questions??  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:42 pm
Why would you want to summon Cthulhu? And what exactly is it that you think is "dirty" about Wicca?  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:45 pm
too2sweet
Why would you want to summon Cthulhu?
Because if you summon him, he promises to devour you first. 3nodding

Quote:
And what exactly is it that you think is "dirty" about Wicca?
Being naked out doors often ends up with dirt in uncomfortable places in my experience.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:55 pm
TeaDidikai
too2sweet
Why would you want to summon Cthulhu?
Because if you summon him, he promises to devour you first. 3nodding

Ahh...I see.

Quote:
Quote:
And what exactly is it that you think is "dirty" about Wicca?
Being naked out doors often ends up with dirt in uncomfortable places in my experience.

So true! blaugh  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:02 pm
too2sweet

Ahh...I see.
Do you truly? ~ Hands this important document~  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:08 pm
The cthulu thing was more or less asking "Can you summon anything if you choose."  

Ferine Coyote

Dangerous Loiterer

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:23 pm
Hello all!

Chaos magic is a very interesting branch I feel. I know a few people that practice Chaos magic. I find them to very intelligent people.

From my readings on it Chaos magicians, or at least some, believe that they can summon Cthulu or anything really. It is called evocation, but to the extreme point of it. For example: I was reading something about a group of people evocating Spock. Yes. Spock. The group drew a triangle upon their working space and just visualized Spock. And he eventually was there. Everyone could feel him. They asked him questions and he answered in the Spockish manner.

This is more of a group mind example, but later he gave another example of creating a spirit that you can trap. Your mind doesn't know the difference if you believe it enough. Chaos magicians see belief as a powerful tool. They have this theory that I don't really understand. It is called Paradigm shifting.

The gist is that for one ritual they will be working in the Cthulu mythos and in the next turn to the mythos COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY of say Christianity. It creates Chaos is how I see it. I am not sure what else it is used for.

The only dirty thing I see is if a Chaos magician says: "Uh oh..." Run the f*ck away.

A book I am hoping to order is Hands-on Chaos Magic, by Andrieh Vitimus. Other than that just look around. Supposedly Chaos magicians are just supposed to find it all out for themselves, but really there is so much information on the internet, it's ridiculous. Some really cool stuff out there.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:35 pm
TeaDidikai
too2sweet

Ahh...I see.

I did get that being eaten first was a good thing, but that truly made my day!  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:43 pm
Arcanist Angus

Chaos magic is a very interesting branch I feel.
Branch of what?
Quote:
I know a few people that practice Chaos magic. I find them to very intelligent people.
Just to round this out- I know some complete idiots who practice as well.

Quote:
From my readings on it Chaos magicians, or at least some, believe that they can summon Cthulu or anything really. It is called evocation, but to the extreme point of it. For example: I was reading something about a group of people evocating Spock. Yes. Spock. The group drew a triangle upon their working space and just visualized Spock. And he eventually was there. Everyone could feel him. They asked him questions and he answered in the Spockish manner.

Tsuzuki's familiar with some who worship Santa Clause.

Quote:
It creates Chaos is how I see it. I am not sure what else it is used for.
Chaos Magic is less about "creating chaos" (that's more Discordianism... not that they're mutually exclusive) and more about the notion that there is a point wherein reinforcement of ideas generates effects.

Quote:
The only dirty thing I see is if a Chaos magician says: "Uh oh..." Run the f*ck away.
Why? Seriously. Why?
Quote:

A book I am hoping to order is Hands-on Chaos Magic, by Andrieh Vitimus.
What other books have you read?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:44 pm
too2sweet
TeaDidikai
too2sweet

Ahh...I see.

I did get that being eaten first was a good thing, but that truly made my day!
There are some slightly more morbid ones, very much in line with Jack Chick's tracts- but I think this one did it best.  

TeaDidikai

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:30 pm
TeaDidikai

Tsuzuki's familiar with some who worship Santa Clause.

Egregores. Santa!
TeaDidikai

Quote:
Why? Seriously. Why?

Someone decides to summon or evoke or create a thought form that's entirely malicious and can't control it or forget (if it's a servitor or sigil) to implement a self-destruct method. gonk

Thankfully, the first few I created without the latter option were created with the intent of being entirely healing related. sweatdrop
Stripperish Coyote
The cthulu thing was more or less asking "Can you summon anything if you choose."

Technically you could, though I doubt any closed pantheon deities would be very pleased if you called them up willy nilly.

I practice my chaos magic well away from closed cultures and religions.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:34 pm
True Colours of Destiny

Someone decides to summon or evoke or create a thought form that's entirely malicious and can't control it or forget (if it's a servitor or sigil) to implement a self-destruct method. gonk
That's the interesting thing about Thoughtforms. Ultimately, they are bound to observe the limitations present within their creator's mind.

My experience with messy thoughtforms is that they amount to annoying knots, and like any knot, once you know how to break it's spine, it's simply a matter of unraveling it.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff