Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~Eggman T.V.~(Advertisements & Spam)
Anti hacking force channel

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Asuyuia
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:38 pm
Welcome to the show where you can post to help prevent hacking to members of our fine guild.

Guide to spotting and dealing with a hacker, By Blages
First we have our tips:
1) Make your password hard to guess
2) Don't tell anyone your password
3) A gaia staff member will NEVER ask for your password
4) If your likely to fall for a hack dont wear expensive stuff and advertise yourself as one of the richer people of the game
5) Don't share your account, not even with friends or family(No one)
Follow these and you should be fine

Next we have the what to do if you get a message asking for a password with the threat of a ban
1) Don't panic, keep calm, fear is the weapon they use to make you stop thinking
2) Remember staff will NEVER ask for your password
3) It is highly recommended not to reply to the messages
4) Fight back against it, use the report feature and fight the problem at the source by reporting hackers we can hope to get rid of some
5) Sit back and relax, you did not give out your password, you did not reply, hopefully you reported them and now you can forget it and do something else

Common tricks used and how to notice them:
1) The name, you might see a name that makes you think they are a banning acount e.g Gaia Banner6 This means nothing, they are a fake and most likely should be reported as they ask for your password
2) The formal and official look with perfect writing (no spelling mistakes), this is a slightly harder one to notice but if they are asking for a password this is a tactic used to make people fall for it, hit the report and let them gets what's coming to them
3) The copyrighted information of the game at the bottom of the page, once again, this is designed to look official and once again the report feature should be used if they are asking for a password
Theses are the 3 main ways they will try and make you have a sudden shock of fear to scare you so you dont think.
Remember Stop before doing anything stupid, examine the message, if they ask for your password in any way then report is the way to go

These are some main tips to avoid getting hacked.
Hacking is getting on someone's computer/account without there permission, it does not involve beating the computer and by passing the password (not on the hacking on this game anyway)
You have the power to stop hackers and protect yourself

Final feature, some hackers that have tried to fool me, dont trust them at all:
THE GAlA BANNER6
User Online helper 8
enairdala
all_black_nikka

These 4 all failed on me, the first is the hardest to deal with, don't get tricked into thinking your going to get banned and never give out your password
Together we can fight against hackers and keep accounts safe  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:22 pm
the first for me was hard to deal with it even made their avi look like one of the admins and i fell for it sweatdrop but now theres no way im giveing my pass again  

Tiana828

~Eggman T.V.~(Advertisements & Spam)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff