Reply Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}
Quite a few questions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ferret658

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:44 am
Okay. How do we know for sure that God was not a man who acquired such a vast amonut of knowledge that he ascended to godhood? How do we know for sure that there aren't multiple gods? How can you be sure in your faith that there is a way to be baptized once you're dead and then get into Heaven?
I want to know. Where is the proof? Where is the discussion? Where does it say that in Jesus' famous red letters?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:21 am
God is a Spirit. (Genesis 1:2; John 4:23,24)

There is only one God (Isaiah 44:6; Isaiah 44:8; Isaiah 45:4-6; Isaiah 45:20-22; Deuteronomy 6:3-5; Mark 12:28-30)

You cannot be baptized post death because it is too late... It is appointed unto a man once to die, and then the judgement. (Hebrews 9:27)  

Atreadia Allaani

ferret658

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:26 am
Thank you. Why can't people get that through their heads?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:47 am
ferret658
Why? Because they have itchy ears that cry to be tickled by what they want to hear. That is why we have so much ungodly stuff in the Church today. That is why we have traditions and customs that the Apostles would look at as if they were notions from Mars.  

Atreadia Allaani

ferret658

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:08 am
Atreadia Allaani
ferret658
Why? Because they have itchy ears that cry to be tickled by what they want to hear. That is why we have so much ungodly stuff in the Church today. That is why we have traditions and customs that the Apostles would look at as if they were notions from Mars.

Could you clarify "so much ungodly stuff"? I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:01 am
Actually, the worship of many Gods came about long before the Creation myth of Christianity. Long before the coming of the Abrahamic God. However, I believe that all the many different pagan Gods and Goddesses are the different faces, personalities and aspects of the one God. :3  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:18 am
Quote:
How do we know for sure that God was not a man who acquired such a vast amonut of knowledge that he ascended to godhood?

This just isn't feasible in my mind, honestly. God created man, and therefore he could not be a man himself. Fushigi even brought up a verse in another thread that said God is not a man nor a son of man.

Quote:
How do we know for sure that there aren't multiple gods?

It never says anywhere in the Bible there aren't other gods. It only says we should "Worship God before all others." Even if there are other gods, they're irrelevant because God is our God and we are His people.

Quote:
How can you be sure in your faith that there is a way to be baptized once you're dead and then get into Heaven?

I don't see a ceremonial baptism necessary to be accepted by Christ. I think it's more just a ceremony of the promise you are making to follow God (or the family's promise, in the case of infant baptism).

Faith. That's the thing that separates religion from other things like science. It's irrational. It's unsure. But we believe it. That leap of faith is what makes God so wonderful. While I don't personally believe Christianity is 100% right, I see it as the most true of other religions I've studied and even if I mess something up, I have a feeling God will understand as long as I try to live a life pleasing to him.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:33 pm
freelance lover
ferret658
How do we know for sure that God was not a man who acquired such a vast amonut of knowledge that he ascended to godhood?

This just isn't feasible in my mind, honestly. God created man, and therefore he could not be a man himself. Fushigi even brought up a verse in another thread that said God is not a man nor a son of man.

In that case, Jesus Christ is not the Father (God), as some of the church teaches. Thank you for confirming this for me.

freelance lover
ferret658
How do we know for sure that there aren't multiple gods?

It never says anywhere in the Bible there aren't other gods. It only says we should "Worship God before all others." Even if there are other gods, they're irrelevant because God is our God and we are His people.

There are gods of man's creation both physical and spiritual, men that are like gods, all sorts of ones, but it's as Freelance says: God is superior.

freelance lover
ferret658
How can you be sure in your faith that there is a way to be baptized once you're dead and then get into Heaven?

I don't see a ceremonial baptism necessary to be accepted by Christ. I think it's more just a ceremony of the promise you are making to follow God (or the family's promise, in the case of infant baptism).

Faith. That's the thing that separates religion from other things like science. It's irrational. It's unsure. But we believe it. That leap of faith is what makes God so wonderful. While I don't personally believe Christianity is 100% right, I see it as the most true of other religions I've studied and even if I mess something up, I have a feeling God will understand as long as I try to live a life pleasing to him.

Just an addition: Baptism is simply a conscious decision to prepare for following in Christ's footsteps. However, I think it has been superceded by baptism in the Holy Spirit. Infant baptism is not genuine baptism because the baby is not conscious of the decision. It's a Christian amalgamation of ancient blessing rituals.  

Priestley

ferret658

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:02 am
thank you for your input guys. :{ )  
Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out