Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The L Guild Forum
Do you think killing L in the anime was a total piss off? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

scintillating-me

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:58 pm
I do!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:55 am
Yes but you knew it was bound to happen. It was a good way to do things I think. Even though I cryed! crying crying  

Dark Triforce

Demonic Strawberry

scintillating-me

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:55 am
lawliet_kai
Yes but you knew it was bound to happen. It was a good way to do things I think. Even though I cryed! crying crying

Honestly I din't think it was bound to happen. I always thought L would outwit Light and catch him. His death came totally unexpected to me.
After L's death, the anime lost it's sheen. And it would have continued to do so had they not brought Near and Mello into the scene.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:48 am
Killing L was a very dangerous thing for them to do concerning this show. It was right on par with how Aerith got T-bagged in FF7 by Sephiroth... or his sword rather. Killing much loved characters is always a gamble, but similarly, it makes viewers want to keep watching in some hope of retribution. L's death however, felt empty and unjust. It certainly added some spice and sudden twist to the show. But did it really need more of that? I was pretty much glued to the screen, popping in disk after disk as it was into the wee hours of the night. The abrupt introduction of Near and Mello still left a feeling of emptiness and the show just wasn't the same. Don't get me wrong, the show remained interesting, and I just had to know how it was all going to end. So I kept watching. I think killing, and in effect, trying to replace his character, probably did more damage to the show than good. But I'm sure opinions vary.  

Illumina Vierge

Benevolent Fairy

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Riiko..Izawa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:51 am
I wasn't as pissed as I was depressed.
I quit reading death note after that, I only watched up until that point. Just recently did I get over and and manage to finish the series.
I like the movie ending much better.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:55 pm
I didn't see it soming. I didn't get pissed off either. I was just shocked and then kind of depressed. I watched/read the rest of the season but I don't think it was every as good after they ended Light and L's epic rivalry. I understand why they did it and all things concidered I think the whole thing was fairly well done but I never found any of the later characters as interesting and captivating as L. emo  

Eijay

5,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

faerie_goddess92

3,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:58 am
I was angry but I see why It had to happen .L's death finally symbolized Light going into full kira mode no longer being Light from before he found the Death Note.And as much as I liked Mello .Matt and Near I still would've prefered L being in the series but with them as supporting characters to him.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:55 am
faerie_goddess92
I was angry but I see why It had to happen .L's death finally symbolized Light going into full kira mode no longer being Light from before he found the Death Note.

Good point...I think you're right, as much as l's death pissed me off. I'm in denial regarding it. L Lives.

Has A Cunning Plan

Dapper Bibliophile

27,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

DarkDartx

Shirtless Entrepreneur

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:04 am
Yeah. I was annoyed but I saw it coming... crying

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:21 am
At first I couldn't believe it. To kill L! But when Near and Mello appeared, it totally made sense. It wouls be non-sense if he would still be alive. Though I felt so sad, even cried, his death.  

kawaii satsuki

3,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200

Jennisora

5,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:43 am
Heck yes! He was the best character, and they replace him with a copycat named Near.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:25 pm
You can't say Near is a copy cat as they're completely different in personality and considering the SAME person made the characters, Near was made for a reason. :l They just based him off of L. Anyway...I already knew L was going to die since people told me before but it was still horrible. Very depressing and yes symbolically in the end he still won but it sucked that he had to die. X_X  

Sugar in Lemonade

PoogBooket

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:16 pm
Yes I cry everytime I see it!! crying  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:03 pm
YES!!!!  

Bayli Lewis

E D E L W E l S S

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:15 pm
No, because he dies in the manga and they had to keep with the story. Besides, Mello and Near bring out a whole new part of the story. I liked the new twist, but it was still sad.  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff