Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
BL Games? Anyone here played them? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VissyLinch090

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:10 pm
Hello, just wondering if anyone here have played BL games?
I have played many BL games, I think probably quite many people already played Absolute Obedience, Enzai, or Animamundi since those games translated, but what about others?

My favorite have to be Kichiku Megane, and Togainu no Chi, those are awesome and have amazing storyline biggrin

I want to hear your opinion for anyone have played yaoi/BL games before ^o^  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:13 pm
whaaaaaaaaaa?  

CoyoteXendo

6,800 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Full closet 200

VissyLinch090

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:16 pm
achanceforgrace
whaaaaaaaaaa?

What did you mean? ^^;
Am I wrong asking it sweatdrop ;_;  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:03 pm
No my friend. It's just that most of the people here have not really played a visual novel yet (Damn. I wish Japan would just ship them over already). They're basically "choose your own adventure" games, where you choose out of the following plot choices presented to you, and depending on the combination of choices, the ending might be either good or bad.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

confused  

Maki Casanova

CoyoteXendo

6,800 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:12 pm
oh, that's kinda nifty 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:25 pm
Maki Casanova
No my friend. It's just that most of the people here have not really played a visual novel yet (Damn. I wish Japan would just ship them over already). They're basically "choose your own adventure" games, where you choose out of the following plot choices presented to you, and depending on the combination of choices, the ending might be either good or bad.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

confused

That's correct, hmm
I guess, yes many people not played those kind of game, well, mostly because no US company interested to licensed it, so...

One of my BL game walkthrough video, if anyone want to check it out....
[ Please do not link to any above PG-13 content. Thank you. - S a f f r o n S u g a r ]

VissyLinch090

User_2629207

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:24 am
User Image"Seriousness is the refuge of the shallow."

I think a lot of people are unfamiliar with BL games because they're very rarely released in English, so they're a bit difficult to get for us westerners.

And you have to go through quite a bit of trouble to get it to work on your computer - changing your settings so your computer runs and displays Japanese, getting stuff like Daemon tools to be able to play without a disc, and then getting a translator or simply playing without, not knowing what the heck is going on.

I really think companies should start picking the bigger ones up, like Kichiku Megane, Togainu no Chi and Lamento, and also the newer one, Sweet Pool, which seems super awesome because it's got gore AND pretty boys doing kinky things!

I was pretty disappointed in Absolute Obedience and Enzai, thought they were a bit...lame >_>;; I hated how the characters suddenly LOOKED DIFFERENT IF THEY WERE UKE. wutwut. Though I did appreciate the fact that you could sort of "switch" between Uke and Seme depending on your choices.

Anyway, please don't link to any game vids since they'll prooobably contain some form of above PG-13 content.
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:25 am
S a f f r o n S u g a r
User Image"Seriousness is the refuge of the shallow."

I think a lot of people are unfamiliar with BL games because they're very rarely released in English, so they're a bit difficult to get for us westerners.

And you have to go through quite a bit of trouble to get it to work on your computer - changing your settings so your computer runs and displays Japanese, getting stuff like Daemon tools to be able to play without a disc, and then getting a translator or simply playing without, not knowing what the heck is going on.

I really think companies should start picking the bigger ones up, like Kichiku Megane, Togainu no Chi and Lamento, and also the newer one, Sweet Pool, which seems super awesome because it's got gore AND pretty boys doing kinky things!

I was pretty disappointed in Absolute Obedience and Enzai, thought they were a bit...lame >_>;; I hated how the characters suddenly LOOKED DIFFERENT IF THEY WERE UKE. wutwut. Though I did appreciate the fact that you could sort of "switch" between Uke and Seme depending on your choices.

Anyway, please don't link to any game vids since they'll prooobably contain some form of above PG-13 content.
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

Uh sorry, I link it, thinking that cuz I make every vids above PG13 contents in private (as only me & people I give permission to, that able to view them), so is okay sweatdrop I am sorry

Well, I guess so, but they won't license it since if they license popular series, it will be very expensive & they really don't think release any BL games (or any visual novel games) make any profit to them......

I guess probably most people here read BL/yaoi manga? or watch yaoi anime
I don't read manga though, I mostly played BL games cuz I really adore hear seiyuu talking, & the ability to choose partner though I also watch BL/yaoi anime (but many BL/yaoi anime in low quality in my opinion (what I mean in storyline & art, some are awesome but many is not....).  

VissyLinch090

Maki Casanova

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:30 pm
achanceforgrace
oh, that's kinda nifty 3nodding

Nifty? Yes, but also disappointing, since coming from Saffron's post, it is tiresome to tinker with your computer and download all those stuff just to play.

I'd like to rant about it, but we can't really do anything about them. sad

And visual novels seem like fun games too. Damn it Japan, gimmeeeeeee!! scream  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:34 pm
They made visual novel games with FMA (I think it's a visual novel type, anyway) and Ouran too, so it's not just limited to romance-based games. Those are for PS2 if I'm not mistaken.

It's not overly complicated to get the games to work if you've got the original Japanese versions...Once you've got the right programs you're pretty much prepared for any game smile My biggest problem was the text extractor...it didn't work at all sweatdrop

The only games I've really played are Absolute Obedience and Lamento, the latter being my favorite. Absolute Obedience wasn't very impressive, but sort of fun if you play with a friend (Me and Kim did, and her dad kept walking in wondering what those noises were, lol.) And I did try enzai but I got bored quickly... sweatdrop  

User_2629207

Maki Casanova

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:08 pm
S a f f r o n S u g a r
They made visual novel games with FMA (I think it's a visual novel type, anyway) and Ouran too, so it's not just limited to romance-based games. Those are for PS2 if I'm not mistaken.

It's not overly complicated to get the games to work if you've got the original Japanese versions...Once you've got the right programs you're pretty much prepared for any game smile My biggest problem was the text extractor...it didn't work at all sweatdrop

The only games I've really played are Absolute Obedience and Lamento, the latter being my favorite. Absolute Obedience wasn't very impressive, but sort of fun if you play with a friend (Me and Kim did, and her dad kept walking in wondering what those noises were, lol.) And I did try enzai but I got bored quickly... sweatdrop

Yeeeaaaah... But there are lots of visual novels on the PS2 as well, and some of them(the good ones) are not even in PC form. gonk

I wish someone would translate the games already. >.>  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:59 am
I've played a lot 3nodding PS2 ones are all right but computer Dating Sims/Visual novels are my personal favorites! {Sweet Pool was SO good! XD}

And if you're up to looking around the net, you can download some for free. There's also a couple visual novels based on some popular anime that are yaoi/shounen-ai based. {So far, I know of a Death Note and Fullmetal Alchemist one}.  

Enacchi

Maki Casanova

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:28 am
Yeeaaah, but there's one (or probably two) visual novel/s that I so want to play! gonk What's worse, they're in PS2 form, and I think the ones you can download on the 'Net are simply trials, and not the full version. Fan Translations can be found, but they're pretty rare, to say the least.

I wish I knew how to read Japanese. It would make things soooo much easier. If that was the case, then only the techno stuff would be a problem.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:12 pm
I alwaaaays wanted to play a BL game crying but they're all either in japan or not translated gonk i wanted to learn japanese but my school just doesnt have it scream -sniffles- i really really really really really wanna play it crying  

bestfwen4eva

User_2629207

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:08 am
Enacchi
{Sweet Pool was SO good! XD}

*wail* Ohh, luckyluckylucky!

I used to have a doujin game...but for some reason, it was both hentai and yaoi ._. A Naruto one, you played as Kakashi...but I hated the art style immensely so I deleted it. One day I'll play that Death Note one... one day...

Anyhow, I heard some rumours floating around that a buncha people are joining forces to make a translated freeware version of Togainu no Chi. Hope it's not just a rumour!

In any case when I get my new computer, boy am I gonna dowload BL games! My old one was so useless it could only play tetris .__.;;  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff