Reply Novels/Novellas
Vampire Rose

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emmerah

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:29 pm
Ok, so... this is really the first real story I've started in a while. posting by chapter as i write it... almost finished chapter 2. any feedback would be wonderful! anyway, heres the first chapter for you!

Chapter 1
Rose’s Point
I stared out the window, the weather reflected my mood, it was raining, only lightly, the real storm would hit later, someone knocked on my door, but I didn’t answer, I didn’t want to talk to anyone.
“Sweetie?” that was mum, “Darling, what’s wrong?”
“Nothing mum, just a bit of a drama at school today, I’ll get over it” I replied, turning and collapsing on my bed.
“Hm, well, whenever you want to talk about it” I heard her retreating footsteps, I sighed, I didn’t even know what had made me so upset, huh, it was probably just shock really… he couldn’t really be a- I couldn’t bring myself to say it, anyway, it all started in the middle of class, the new kid at school, Yuki, walked up to me and sat down in my best friends spot, he ignored me completely, when my best friend, Casey, walked in, she looked surprised for a moment, then winked at me, she was now left with the trouble of finding somewhere to sit, I seriously considered asking Yuki to move, but I didn’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings so I pointed out a seat to her that looked alright, she thanked me silently and walked over, then Bianca walked in, she was the queen bee, everyone followed her, especially the guys, I got a horrible feeling as I realised that I had sent my best friend to Bianca’s seat, I tried to catch her eyes and warn her, but it was too late, Bianca spotted her, she got this look on her face that said, you dare sit on MY chair? Casey just continued staring into space, a couple of the guys sniggered, Bianca stormed over to Casey in a fit of rage and told her, in a rather snotty voice, to get out of her seat. Casey looked at her blankly for a moment, and then she looked at me in horror as if to say, what have you done? I covered my eyes with my hand and groaned, I heard Casey calmly tell Bianca that she didn’t own the seat and that anyone had the right to sit in it, I heard Bianca’s furious intake of breath, and I winced when I heard Bianca’s hand smack hard into Casey’s face. I heard Casey’s sharp intake of breath, I was too afraid to look, the teacher walked in, I heard her start talking to the class, and then she stopped.
“Bianca, Casey, what is going on here?”
“N-nothing miss” Said Casey shakily
“Hm, Bianca, why aren’t you sitting down?”
“Because, Casey’s in my seat”
“I see, Casey, why are you in Bianca’s Seat?”
“Because, someone is sitting in my seat”
“Where do you usually sit?”
“Over there” she pointed to where Yuki was sitting
“Hm, and who are you?” she asked him
“Yuki” he replied quietly, his voice sent shivers down my spine
“I see, are you new?”
“Yes”
“I see, Bianca, can you just find a different seat for today?”
“There are none, miss”
“Hm, then I suggest you sit here,” she pointed to the table next to her desk; someone sniggered and Bianca gasped.
“But, miss! I can’t sit there!” she exclaimed, horrified
“Is there something wrong with your bottom?” asked the teacher
“N-no” replied Bianca
“Then you can sit at this desk”
“Yes miss,” Bianca sat at the table, her cheeks were bright red
“Now, lets begin the class, has anyone heard of King Arthur? Well he was…”
Yuki turned to me.
“They have this entire history completely wrong you know” he said quietly, I shivered
“And how do you know this?” I asked almost as quietly
“Because, I was there,” he replied, I shivered again, that didn’t make any sense whatsoever but, somehow, I believed him.
“How, can you have been there?” I asked
“Have you heard of Vampires?” he asked in reply, I shivered again
“Yes”
“Then you already know how I was there” he smiled at me, his teeth were really white, like that impossible white that you see on celebrities, his eyes were dark, almost black, so I couldn’t really make out the colour, but, I thought they looked purple and his hair was black. I was willing to wager that most of the girls were already secretly thinking about how cute he was.
When the class ended, I couldn’t get out of there fast enough, Casey caught up to me.
“Hey, what happened in there?” she asked
“N-nothing… why?” I stammered
“Well, to tell you the truth, you look like you’ve just seen a ghost” she said
“Ha! I’m fine…” I paused, wondering if I should tell her, “It’s nothing”
“Ok... if you’re sure” she said doubtfully
“Yeah… Hey… do you want to sit in the Amphitheatre today?” I asked her
“Uh… actually, I was going to sit with… Drew… today” she said slowly “But… if you want… I could sit with you” I shook my head
“N-no” I said loudly “You don’t have to do that!”
“You sure?” she asked
“Yes I’m sure… go sit with Drew” I pushed her towards the Canteen area, where I knew Drew would be
“I-uh-ok…” she walked toward the canteen, I sighed
“I don’t have anyone to sit with” Said Yuki quietly, I jumped
“Wh- where did you come from?” I stuttered loudly
“it’s a secret” he replied quietly, I shivered “Would you mind if I sat with you today?” he asked, smiling, and making me shiver again
“Uh…O-OK?” I said, unsure, one of the popular girls was glaring at me.
The rest of the day was uneventful, and I walked home expecting the rain to start falling at any moment.

“Sweetie, dinners ready!” called my Mum, distracting me from my thoughts
“Ok, I’ll be down in a sec!” I got up and walked slowly down the stairs, trying to forget about today, it had all probably been some strange random hallucination, yes, that had to be it, I hallucinated the whole thing.
“How much would you like dear?” asked mum as I sat at the table
“Ehm, I’m not very hungry mum, just a little bit” I shrugged, and she rolled her eyes.
“That’s what you always say, and then you complain I haven’t given you enough, are you sure?”
“Yeah, give me a little bit, I’m really not that hungry” She scooped a little bit onto my plate and set it down in front of me, then she scooped some onto her own plate and we ate in silence for a while.
“So, what was wrong earlier?”
“Eh?” I looked up from staring into space “Oh, nothing” I smiled
“You sure?”
“Eh... yeah” she nodded, and shrugged
“If you say so” I nodded and finished my dinner in silence, then I walked back up the stairs at the same slow pace I had used coming down, and when I finally got to my room, I collapsed on my bed, and fell asleep.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:07 pm
Chapter 2
ok, so, second chapter..... enjoy. and Review!!!

Yuki’s point:
“I’m home!” I called quietly as I walked through the door to my silent castle
“Ah, Yuki, Welcome home” Replied my elder sister, Ebba, just as quietly, she descended the stairs and hugged me gently.
“Where is everyone?” I asked, as she let go of me, she shrugged
“Out, I suppose...” she trailed off, and I knew that I wasn’t going to like what she said next. “Actually, they’re hunting...”
“Hunting what? May I ask... no... actually... hunting who” I laughed bitterly, of course I knew what they were hunting.
“They aren’t hunting humans this time, they promised, I think they decided to give gazelle a try” I sighed in relief, so they weren’t hunting humans, a first for everything I suppose.
“If you’re sure” I eyed her, trying to gauge her reaction, she nodded firmly.
“I’m sure” I nodded and climbed the tall winding staircase that led to the higher stories of the castle.

Elda’s Point
The time is near, I’m sure of it, Yuki is a young man, he is 17 years this year, vampire years, and he has come across a rose with thorns sharp enough to sting. Yes, it is time.

Yuki’s Point
They advanced on her, my Rose, she was as pure as moonlight, as dark as night, the mere sight of her made me fly higher than any bird had ever flown, to me her voice was like the sweet lilting of angels as they sang a restless soul to sleep, she looked so fragile, she was so fragile, and now they were after her, the colour of the deep blood that I would never possess again glinting in their eyes, they came down on her, I had to do something!
“NO!” I yelled, my eyes shooting open, if had been able to sweat I would have been, as it was my ivory skin was paler than a ghosts.
It hadn’t been a dream, or a nightmare, as I couldn’t and never would sleep again, I had been meditating, the closest thing to sleep any of my despicable kind could get, I looked around, the familiar plain-ness of my room, it was reassuring, in a way. I got up and wrote a quick note for Ebba to tell her I was going out for a run, then quick as a flash I sped into the night, I had this urge to find her, to protect her, Rose.

Rose’s Point
The night sky was clear of clouds, and, in fact stars as well, I stared at the sky and felt unsafe, I knew, I could feel that something was wrong, I could feel that some other force was watching, something that wanted to hurt, something that was in pain, I didn’t share these feelings when I got them, no-one believed me if I did, a year ago I’d had a similar feeling, I’d seen an image then, just for a moment, I’d had dreams of water, and broken hearts, and children crying in their sleep, and in the middle of it all there was a single figure, just standing and staring, and all I could see was a single pair of blood red eyes, glowing in the dark. So when I got this feeling now, I took it seriously, I thought about what could be happening, then suddenly something hit me, an idea, I ran down the staircase, grabbing my jacket on the way and then down the street, I ran for ages, until I was sure I was in a spot where no-one would see me, then a stood with my hand on one hip and looked around sternly.
“Well?” I said, trying to sound stern, like a mother scolding a child, “You going to come out now?” I waited for a moment, then, to my surprise, someone did emerge, from the trees behind me, I turned to face who ever it was. It was a child, she was half my height, her eyes were downcast and I couldn’t tell what colour they were, although there was a faint glow, I took it as just moonlight at the time.
“I’m sorry” she said in a sweet little voice, it sounded like bells tinkling gently
“Why are you sorry?” I asked gently, switching to comforting mother mode
“Because” she started, and looked up at me, and I gasped, her eyes were glowing, the same blood red colour I’d had in my vision “I have to do this” she finished, and flew at me, she was so fast that I couldn’t even see her, I felt the touch of something sharp brushing my skin, and felt the trickle of my own blood down my neck, then suddenly someone else was there, he was holding me and saying that it would be alright, his voice was like velvet, I just stood there and let him hold me, his embrace, somehow comforting, then he let go of me and turned to face the girl, her eyes were flickering from the blood red colour to another, I couldn’t see it though because this colour didn’t glow. He said a few words, and then she spat a few at him, then he snarled, and she bared her teeth at him, then he went into a defensive position, it was all so quick, I couldn’t even catch one word, she shook her head and said a few more words to him, then disappeared into the night, then he was holding me again, and I knew that, for the moment, I was safe.  

Emmerah

Novels/Novellas

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff