Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Dont come to our church! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Why do we fight each other?
  because were different
  because some of us are jerks and hypocrites
  i dont even know
View Results

VampireMetal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:07 am
User Image

http://dontcometoourchurch.nextmeta.com/content.cfm?id=298

umm first off i like to say sorry. I don't have anything against pagans, in fact my best friends is pagan, and nobody can break apart our bond. sooo check it out.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:09 am
VampireMetal
User Image

umm first off i like to say sorry. I don't have anything against pagans, in fact my best friends is pagan, and nobody can break apart our bond. sooo check it out.
Why are you posting this?  

TeaDidikai

VampireMetal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:13 am
TeaDidikai
VampireMetal
User Image

Why are you posting this?

because im a crazy idiot who cares about people, even if i dont even know there names  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:15 am
VampireMetal

because im a crazy idiot who cares about people, even if i dont even know there names
Explain how this is a demonstration of care please.  

TeaDidikai

VampireMetal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:16 am
TeaDidikai
VampireMetal

its basically us saying sorry, check it out if you want to understand. you might not like it and what im doing is kind of weird, but i dont care, because i feel like i need to do it. dunno why, but i do  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:19 am
This doesn't make any sense. At all. And yes, I did read it.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:21 am
VampireMetal
TeaDidikai
VampireMetal

its basically us saying sorry, check it out if you want to understand. you might not like it and what im doing is kind of weird, but i dont care, because i feel like i need to do it. dunno why, but i do

I feel that what you are doing is proselytizing. I speak for myself here, but it's definitely not appreciated. I have to wonder why you joined if this was your intention.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:21 am
I tried to read the page, but something about it sets off my reading comprehension difficulties like whoa. Someone want to explain it in simple words for me?  

IH_Zero

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:26 am
AngryRobotsInc.
I tried to read the page, but something about it sets off my reading comprehension difficulties like whoa. Someone want to explain it in simple words for me?

It's really poor syntax but the jist of it is "Don't ask people to go to a church, but rather to Jesus".

I'm allowing this to stay open for a short time. Mostly because, WTF?
VampireMetal, you have made a terrible lapse in judgment, based on your privilege, thinking that you can go anywhere and feel free to proselytize.

Your a** is showing, you need to pick up your pants.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:26 am
VampireMetal
TeaDidikai
VampireMetal

excerpt from Tea's guide to witchcraft in Christianity

Now, the Jewish Faith does not actively seek to convert others. The reason for this is that they understand that to enter covenant with their god is not a universal demand from their god.

Not everyone is called to serve YHVH. Most of the mass conversion comes out of Paul's edicts from Acts onward, not Yeshua's within the Gospels.

The OT establishes not only that YHVH has a covenant with his people- being the children of Adam and Eve, but that other gods exist. Note how the Ten Commandments does not assert that all other gods are false gods outside of eisegesis, but it names gods other than YHVH within the OT such as Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians found in 1Kings.

Now- we know that Original Sin is tied to Adam and Eve's line. As Adam and Eve are not the only point of Creation within the Scripture (note the lack of YHVH's presence in Gen 1:1), it stands to reason that there is no more evidence that they are the only humans (note in Genesis how Cain takes a wife from humans already established in the lands East of Eden).

The Bible is the communication of the decedents of Adam and Eve and YHVH's relationship with his creation. It stands to reason that his relationship which is turned into a Covenant at Mt. Sinai does not apply to those who are not of that line- especially considering the context of the revelation of YHVH to his children and the formation of the Jewish faith as a direct edict applying to them, not to the people that were the Children and descendents of other gods such as the People of Cain's wife- or Seth's wife.

These other peoples are consistently referred to in the OT. See: Jer 10:2 and Lev. 18:3.

YHVH clearly states he is not the god of these pagan peoples- but at no time does he say that these gods are not real. Pagan peoples have their own gods their own lineage and heritage. Thus only those in covenant with YHVH are bound by his laws. Furthermore- the scripture itself, when it context does not damn those who practice qecem within the guidelines of Clean spirits found within YHVH's domain.

If YHVH wants them in his fold he will call them. He does not need us to interfere. It's alright smile .  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Collowrath

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:28 am
AngryRobotsInc.

From what I can tell, it's saying that missionaries are losing converts when they invite people into the church, rather than into Christ, whereas some other missionaries are gaining huge numbers of converts by skipping the church bits. Then the site is saying that they won't invite you into their church, but if you keep reading, they'll teach you about Christ and his light and whatnot.

confused  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:30 am
maenad nuri
AngryRobotsInc.

It's really poor syntax but the jist of it is "Don't ask people to go to a church, but rather to Jesus".

I see. So, it's a rather poor attempt to convert us then. Given the theme of the guild, I can't see how someone would think that would go over well, but oh well.  

IH_Zero

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:31 am
VampireMetal
its basically us saying sorry,
I'm afraid I don't see it like that.

To be frank, it comes off as arrogant. For a start, you don't actually show that you care about us. You haven't taken the time to get to know any of us. You haven't shown the most basic elements of care for anyone here.

This is why this is uncaring:
You assume that as a Pagan guild, we don't get along with Christians as a group.

If you had cared about us as individuals, you would have read through our posts and invested time in helping us as individuals find Christ. Instead, you're actually showing that not only do you not wish to invest time in us and help us, that you have no respect for the word you gave to Gaia's creators by breaking the terms of service. That disinterest in us as people, with our own feelings and thoughts, is contrary to actually caring for someone.

Secondly, you're showing a lot of prejudice. The overwhelming number of posters in this guild have no issue with Christians. Some of our most active members tend to Christians. Some of our most active members are Christians. You have judged us, simply for the name of the guild, as being at odds with Christendom. We aren't. That prejudice is contrary to actually caring for someone.

Thirdly, it speaks of arrogance. Do you sincerely believe that none of us have ever heard of Yeshua? Of YHVH? Of those religious traditions? We aren't ignorant. We're only now starting to see children being born into pagan families. Most people here were raised in Christian households. That arrogance is contrary to actually caring for someone.

Quote:

check it out if you want to understand.
I have. I was not impressed. Mostly because the scholarship of the site is poor. It constructs a strawman.
Quote:

you might not like it
I dislike how you are treating others, yes. I feel like you have mistreated us as individuals and shown a great deal of disrespect.

Quote:

and what im doing is kind of weird,
Not really. It's all too common actually.

Quote:
but i dont care,
This directly contradicts your claims that you cared.

Quote:
because i feel like i need to do it. dunno why, but i do
My suspicion is that you are acting as you believe is appropriate within the tenants of your faith.

The problem is that your actions are no more thoughtful and considerate than those of the people you "apologize" for on your site. It's just as intrusive, apathetic and aloof.

Now- would you like to engage in a sincere discussion about the spiritual divergences of Christendom and it's relation to the commandments your god issued you? Because I am happy to oblige, but out of care and respect, I expect you to post thoughtfully, to be considerate of others and to avoid indulging unsupported opinions.

It seems like it would be good to examine the website you are posting to others and your own relationship to spiritual wellbeing and scripture.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:36 am
Violet Song jat Shariff

I feel that what you are doing is proselytizing.
Yep. That's what she's doing.
Quote:
I speak for myself here, but it's definitely not appreciated.
Why?
Quote:
I have to wonder why you joined if this was your intention.
My suspicion is that she's "trying to do the right thing". I just think it's poorly executed.

maenad nuri

I'm allowing this to stay open for a short time. Mostly because, WTF?
VampireMetal, you have made a terrible lapse in judgment, based on your privilege, thinking that you can go anywhere and feel free to proselytize.

Your a** is showing, you need to pick up your pants.
Come on Nuri. It's not that bad. You've asked me to show restraint in the face of Fluffy Pagans who have done the same thing she has. Yes, she was disrespectful, but are you not creating a double standard?  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces