Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
I have a little story, that I think we all can relate to....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mydnyte Dystopia

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:04 am
So, I recently found out about something that bothered me deeply.
One of my friends told us that, before summer began, he was talking to a group of preppy/jock-type guys. They were talking about one of the gothic guys at our school, which happens to be my twin brother, and they were making fun of him and calling him The Prince of Darkness and stuff. Whatever, right, kinda funny, but then they said to my friend, "What if we just decided to beat the s**t out of him one day?" And my friend replied, "Then you'd have me to answer to."

Isn't that awful? A group of boys who don't understand or relate to my brother, a goth, are too stupid and narrrow-minded to react to him in any other way than to threaten physical violence. Luckily, the friend of ours that they were talking to is well-known for being an insane fighter...so my brother should be safe. We plan on alerting the other darker kids at the school, just so they know there's people out there who would hurt them for who they are.

What's funny is, the friend they were talking to about it, used to be one of the most gothic kids you'll ever meet. Those jock boys can't see through layers...all that they can see is on the surface.

Has anything like this ever happened to any of you?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:24 am
Yes, other people here can relate to this story.
How do I know this?
There are roughly a billion threads existing in the main forum, as well as in the life issues and extended discussion subforums, just like this.
Share your story in one of those existing threads.  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:41 pm
Frankly I don't feel that goth is quantifiable. The "most gothic kids you'll ever meet" thing just sounds so off-putting, and I just picture someone constantly carrying a boom box with "Bela Lugosi's Dead" blaring all over the place.

Other than that pet peeve, it is a shame that some decide to be prejudiced over something as petty as appearance. Of course that can apply to being prejudiced to preppy/jock-types as you so describe them.

(Not sure whether to move or lock this... never mind, already done sweatdrop )  
~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games