Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Avoiding getting Lost in the Pneuma

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:21 am
My tradition warns about becoming "lost in the Pneuma". This is when someone goes into the Light and gets "lost" in it. They become disconnected with the body and the mind. I personally have not experienced this yet because I have many things in my life that keep me in touch with reality. The advice I was given if I did come to this stage was to stay in touch with the fundamentals of my tradition.

Is there something similar to this in other religious traditions? What advice does your tradition give to avoid the respective situation in your tradition and religion?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:01 pm
rmcdra
My tradition warns about becoming "lost in the Pneuma". This is when someone goes into the Light and gets "lost" in it. They become disconnected with the body and the mind. I personally have not experienced this yet because I have many things in my life that keep me in touch with reality. The advice I was given if I did come to this stage was to stay in touch with the fundamentals of my tradition.

Is there something similar to this in other religious traditions? What advice does your tradition give to avoid the respective situation in your tradition and religion?
That tenet seems a little anti-buddhist.  

Gho the Girl

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:18 pm
Gho the Girl
rmcdra

That tenet seems a little anti-buddhist.

Agreed. It seems anti-Atman realization like in Hinduism also.

I have poked at the light. It doesn't want me yet so I'm forced to stay in reality. gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:28 pm
I have heard of (and seen, sad to say) similar things.

A psychic vampire I know refers to this as "Shaman's Disease", another I know calls it "Shooting up the Middle Pillar".

I can't say I have ever seen this within my family tradition. I suppose it is likely that the prohibition against leaving one's body is actually part of the entrenched protection against such things- but then, the core of my tradition makes it impossible to do such ourselves.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff