Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Legion of Helpers
Some useful information about Aquarium Fish/Items.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Here's a poll for you.
  :)
View Results

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:48 am
If you are looking to increase the amount of gold others gain through your tank in Booty Grab. You should know that you can not actually make a profit by doing this. If you do decide to build up your aquarium. It should be solely for entertainment purposes. There are booty grab threads spread all over the place. The most successful ones are those contain. Top of the line Aquarium tanks on the front pages. These threads will generally have the first five pages reserved for "Elite" tanks. Though, regularly posting in these threads. Will yield more activity in your tank. A rule of thumb about how much a fish will increase the amount of gold people gain from booty grabbing your tank. Is determined by the value of that particular fish. The price seems to follow a solid increase. That goes along the lines of this theory.

About Frozen items in your inventory.

Once you place a fish in your inventory. It will become Frozen. This means you can no longer sell this item in the marketplace. Though, it will still appear in your list of items that you can sell when you are in the market. Every time you go to sell the item. It will say this item is frozen. On the second confirmation screen. If you want to find out which fish are and aren't frozen. First click on your inventory. Then click the Full Inventory button. While you are in this screen. Go to your Aquarium item list. Here, all frozen items will be displayed. With a blue lock on the item. Those that do not have a blue lock on them. Can be sold in the marketplace.

About fish drops.

The life span of a fish. Depends on what type of fish it actually is. You can actually extend your fishes life past this. By regularly feeding it and just generally taking care of your tank. Once your fish dies. You will obtain an item depending on what type of fish it is. You can get a number of items from this item. If you are the gambling sort. Click Inventory ----------> Full Inventory ---> Special. Then left click on the item you want to use. It will show a number of options. Clicking Use Item will give you a random item from the fish drop. The items you can get. Are taken from a list of what is "inside" the item. In other words, its a preset list much like a giftbox. It will display which item you have gotten once you click on it.

About your Overseer in your tank

The Overseer will give you an item daily. But you can only receive an item from the Overseer. By maintaining your tank. A healthier tank, will yield greater prizes. A tank at 100% can actually get shop item that would cost 15,000 or more from the overseer. Though you will not gain an item like this daily. The higher your percentage, the higher the average amount of gold you received from the Overseer will increase.

About Aquarium Chests

Every once in awhile, you you chest your Aquarium. There will be an Aquarium Chest. In place of the send a message bottle. This will only replace the message bottle for a short while. If you have a Lucky Key. You can open your chest. The chest will only stick around for a short while. Inside of the chest, it is a complete gamble if you decide to open it. Those with low amounts of gold. Especially those of you that aren't the gambling type. I recommend you sell these chests on the marketplace. They will always be worth more than the key itself. If you decide to actually open your chest and take a chance. Here is how you do so.

Inventory ----------> Full Inventory ---------> Special ------------> Aquarium Chest --------------> Use Item

Once you have "used" your chest. It will give you a random item. The items you can get from your chest. Will change from time to time. Right now, you can gain something worth only a few hundred gold. Or if you are really lucky. You could be given a Cecil doll. Which is currently worth quite alot of gold.

For weeks now the mysterious Luck Chest has been appearing in Aquariums, enticing Gaians with its bounty of treasure. Now we've gotten scattered reports that the Luck Chest has been appearing in more and more places, not just Aquariums.

Based on eyewitness accounts, these new chests still open with the Luck Key, and still feature a great random item worth more than the cost of the key. One thing we do know is different: the Luck Chest carries a different assortment of goodies when it appears on land.

If you see one and want to crack it open, you can snag a Luck Key from the Cash Shop. The Luck Chest doesn't like to hang around for long, so you'll have to act fast if you see one.

Get a Luck Key

The Luck Chest may show up where the Daily Chance usually sits, but it'll never replace it. You'll always get the same number of chances every day.

A warning about the new Land Based Aquarium Chests.

Yes it is true that you can get an Aquarium Chest in place of the Daily Chance. But what the announement does not tell you. Is that these chests work differently than the old ones. Once you use a key on one of these chests. You WILL NOT be given the option of selling your chest on the market. It will instantly open up the chest and the item will appear in your inventory. I do not advise you to actually open these type of chests. The keys are worth far more than most of the items you can actually get from one of those chests. If you are looking for a way to make some quick gold. I wouldn't advise in use these chests to achieve that. You will just be throwing your gold away.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:01 pm
Thank you for explaining. ^^

I guess one need to really commit themselves in promoting their tank all the time, if they want to earn enough gold from it. Fishes price are crazy high - those that drop often, I mean. Like watermeat or mermaids.  

starlight_elvan

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:08 pm
Yes, the Watermeats and Memphis the Mermaids. Are pretty expensive unfortunately. Most people just don't have the gold to buy them. From my experience in booty grab. An average tank with a single Memphis the Mermaid. Will give whoever plays Booty Grab in that tank. Close to or above 150 gold. Depending on the current health of the tank. Along with the fish that are in it. A WaterMeat will give roughly 170 gold. To whoever plays booty grab in that tank. They figures are based on personal experience with the tanks. Assuming there is only of of each in each tank. The owner of the tank gains only a percentage of the gold earned.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:34 pm
uhh... i wish i read this before i used that stupid key on the land chest!!! DX< i brought a key for 30k and got an item that only sells for 7k!! TT-TT  

Lunalover009

5,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Legion of Helpers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items