Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
I Need Crits/Help with my WIP. D: Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moosicle

Hygenic Gawker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:45 am

'Kay so I've been working on THIS pic for about a week. On and off, a few hours every other day... I'm lazy like that. (;
Anyway. Something doesn't look right (plus the fact I spent like a whole day trying to draw the hands... still looks weird). I've only got the base colour for the T-shirt in, so don't criticize about that. xD Though I would like help with why the torso looks so weird. If I made him skinnier it looks out of proportions.

Any criticism is appreciated. (especially since it's still a WIP, so I can change it however I want. ;D)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:19 pm

I think what's throwing you off with his torso is the way the white trails off. If you crop that off, should be good.

I also think more of the palm is showing on the left side of his hand then would normally be at that angle. As well, on his hair-do: between his ear and temple, there's normally the roots of hair that show up there and make it darker, but that's nothing major.

Your shading, coloring and athletic anatomy is awesome. Not to mention that bloody bandage. Keep us updated!

the Caelos

Leadfooted Phantom

Moosicle

Hygenic Gawker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:59 pm

ThankYouu so Muchh~ C: <3
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:11 am

actually the weird part to the hand is the thumb. i'm not exactly sure what you're trying to do exactly but i think its either the top of the thumb should be facing us more or its connecting to the palm akwardly

Folken_Schezar
Crew

Moosicle

Hygenic Gawker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:16 pm

Yeah, I'm just going to do the hand again. xD
Try a slightly different angle, I guess. o3o
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:58 pm

if u don't mind redlines, then

User Image

coz I'm not good with words gonk

purdoy25

Sparkly Noob

Moosicle

Hygenic Gawker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:03 pm

purdoy25

User Image

Wow. You have no idea how immensely that helps me.! xD
ThankYou So Muchh.! <3

I knew there was something weird about the arm length... D8
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:31 pm

Darkest Revolution
purdoy25
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n178/pongkoy/random files/ffffffaaaaaa.png

ThankYou So Muchh.! <3

No probs.

Hmmm,
did you sketch before you did the CG? Because sketching always helps determine which parts are wrong. biggrin

purdoy25

Sparkly Noob

Moosicle

Hygenic Gawker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:08 am

purdoy25
Darkest Revolution
purdoy25
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n178/pongkoy/random files/ffffffaaaaaa.png

ThankYou So Muchh.! <3

No probs.

Hmmm,
did you sketch before you did the CG? Because sketching always helps determine which parts are wrong. biggrin

Yeah I Did, actually. xD

I guess i'm just not that great at anatomy. P:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:23 am

lol

just keep sketchin on paper and u will eventually get it right~ heart

purdoy25

Sparkly Noob

Moosicle

Hygenic Gawker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:06 am

Ahaa. I hope so. xD
Thanks alot. <3
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:34 am

the portioning of the head to the body, the neck, the length of the body and the length of the arm are all off. It looks really good though, I would make the body longer arch the back more and make the upper arm a lot longer and the lower arm a bit longer, and the the farther palm should be reduced.

All of which can be modified without scrapping the project, I always adjust mine on the computer to fix portioning and variance problems, what computer tools do you use to color it?

KAKASHI no Hentai

Moosicle

Hygenic Gawker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:37 am

IlIKakashilIl
the portioning of the head to the body, the neck, the length of the body and the length of the arm are all off. It looks really good though, I would make the body longer arch the back more and make the upper arm a lot longer and the lower arm a bit longer, and the the farther palm should be reduced.

All of which can be modified without scrapping the project, I always adjust mine on the computer to fix portioning and variance problems, what computer tools do you use to color it?

Uwahh. ThankYouu. <3
I'm using ... Photoshop. For just about everything. xD
So for the neck, what would I have to do? Shorten+skinny it a bit? o-o
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:48 am

When i tested out my advice i made the neck thinner, the body longer and more arched and made the upper arm longer

its easy to do on photoshop that's what i used just use the lasso and Ctrl X and paste arm into 3 pieces like upper elbow and lower than use the smudge tool to stretch the arm's color about 30 % longer and smudge the forearm about 15% longer and connect them with the elbow. Do the same thing with the body but in 2 parts, the chest and the waiste, and make them longer and a little thinner and move the waist further over to get the arch you want. and for the neck i smudged the throat almost all the way to the dripping blood and smoothed it out a bit. I also made the chin just a little bit smaller.

KAKASHI no Hentai

Seira Relur

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:33 pm

What I don't understand is why you're painting the subject as well as you are... and then you throw in those pre-made star brushes? Paint your own! It loses its appeal.
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff