review: Leman Russ Demolisher Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:45 am
I am not going to review the rules or anything like that, no. If you want the rules you buy the codex just like every other person out there.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So yeah, got mine in the mail today, might as well generate some more posts here about it.

Basically this boxed set contains parts to either make a Demolisher, Executioner or Punisher and comes with all parts needed to kit one out as shown in the codex, some minor upgrades withstanding. Unlike the previous editions the extra armour and sponson weapons are in plastic now, so no more need for clumsy hybrids any more! Best of all the sponson and hull-mounted weapons are designed in such a way that you can easily slot them in and out, making magnetized weapons and mounts easier than before! The same can be done with the main weapon, giving you plenty of mileage with of your kit.

One of the best improvements is the actual track construction, which is now more clearly defined and designed in such a way that you need to be a complete retard to mess that part of the construction up.

It does show the improvements GW makes on its kits in terms of molding technology and simplifying things. Gone is the separate wheel and track sprue, something that has caused some whining faggots a lot of grief. Why? Oh sure, conversions, but for the most part the wheels were useless as they weren't visible once the tank was properly built. Some other points of grief are the side doors, the rear engine hatch and the commander cupola.

My only big complaints are firstly a lack of the vehicle accessory sprue. As it is you get a basic tank with all main and sponson weapon options, a new commander model, plus a search light and smoke launchers. The rest is sadly missing. Second issue, not that big is that some of the details are rather flimsy or soft, like the suspension on both sides at the front.

Final verdict

Pros: Good solid and simple kit, all main weapon options are in box as advertised, easy to magnetize

Cons: Lack of bits, lack of vehicle accessory sprue, new hull and turret not 100% compatible with old models and FW turrets  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:19 am
Does the Chaingun weapon come with it?

Hello Anti-infantry sexiness.  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:32 am
Kit comes with: 1x Demolisher cannon, 1x Punisher cannon, 1x Executioner cannon, 3x heavy bolter, 2x heavy flamer, 2x multi-melta, 2x plasma cannon and 1x lascannon.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:18 am
What does the new commander look like?  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:33 am
Pardon the poor quality, I may take a better when I'm able to:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:53 am
Neat helmet! surprised

I see that raised arm as a good part for an artillery or mortar battery commander. Why chop your arm to fire a gun when you're the only one outside anyway?  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:42 pm
One word: drama.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:13 pm
lol id say it looks like hes taunting the enemy: "Im so blessed by the Emperor to have foes who cant shoot!" or something..... sweatdrop  

Necron_Pariah

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:33 pm
The two fingers up could be a sign of "You gonna get raped."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:39 pm
"Hi, please bend over while the coils warm up, it's zappy time."  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Necron_Pariah

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:21 pm
So what loadout are you going for on that Leman Russ?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:58 am
Executioner cannon + heavy bolter / lascannon.

My other kit will most likely sport three heavy bolters and the Punisher cannon.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Necron_Pariah

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:36 am
nice! the bolters on the sponsions right? can you mount a modified lascannon on the commanders cupola for use by him? or is that not allowed in the rules? (dont need to quote them) reason i ask is i have bought a leman russ and a baneblade and i was wondering what weapons cuold be mounted as a cupola mount system smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:57 am
Looks like someone needs to buy a codex. rolleyes  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Necron_Pariah

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:13 am
working on that. just need to find a shop down here that has the IG and Imperial Armor Codexes  
Review Corner

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff