Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
how do i tell my dad im emo Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do your parents know your emo
  yes
  no
  i think they know
View Results

xXxheavenspartyangelxXx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:16 pm
how do i tell my dad im emo cuz wheni was 13 he talking with hes friends and he said quote i hate emos so what now  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:05 pm
um, Just try to tell hi mand if tht doesn't work then have a convo and bring it sometime when he's caught off gaurd  

Autumn Artificial

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:23 pm
Sweetheart, you don't.

1. Define what emo is to you. How are you emo? What is it about you, Heaven, that makes you emo?

2. He knows you, and if he doesn't hate you as you are then he won't hate you if you think you're emo.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:47 am
[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Sweetheart, you don't.

1. Define what emo is to you. How are you emo? What is it about you, Heaven, that makes you emo?

2. He knows you, and if he doesn't hate you as you are then he won't hate you if you think you're emo.

1.well i i've been depressed since i was 6 but not as bad when i truned 12
then my mom took me to some doctor and he even said i am very depressed and offered this happy pills but i didnt take them then at 13 i started to wear eye liner but only when i got to school cuz my dad dosent let my to put make up on and the cuts on my right arm might help .2.all in all he knows im depressed but he has no idea im emo  

xXxheavenspartyangelxXx

OoPeroxidePrincessoO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:51 am
Dont mention the e word around parents
cuz then they look it up and youre screwed over. stare
Yeah that happened to me.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:10 pm
First off, giving yourself a label is really pointless. Second, I'm sure he wouldn't mind so long as you don't threaten to commit suicide on a weekly basis.  

mooncalf90

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:06 am
Saying that to your dad is like saying:
"Wow I'm a human being"
To a generic divine diety of your choice.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:36 am
xXxheavenspartyangelxXx
[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Sweetheart, you don't.

1.well i i've been depressed since i was 6 but not as bad when i truned 12
then my mom took me to some doctor and he even said i am very depressed and offered this happy pills but i didnt take them then at 13 i started to wear eye liner but only when i got to school cuz my dad dosent let my to put make up on and the cuts on my right arm might help .2.all in all he knows im depressed but he has no idea im emo

Depression has nothing to do with being "emo."

Every middle school/high school girl has either tried to wear eyeliner, or does wear eyeliner.
It's nothing out of the normal. Plenty of parents prohibit their kids from wearing makeup because it makes them feel that their children are growing up too fast, which in turn makes them insecure.

As for happy pills: not all depression pills are happy pills, and for good reason. Some make you feel less rather than make you feel better. Some are an endorphine boost, which would be the "happy" pills. It just all depends. If your doctor prescribes you a medication, and your guardian approves it, it's always a good idea to take it until you know enough to take care of yourself.

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

xXxheavenspartyangelxXx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:01 am
wow all this has to help some how well thnx for the help  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:44 pm
You're quite welcome.

My overall advice is just continue being who you are. Don't label yourself, don't label yourself to other people. If you have a serious problem with depression, then see a doctor about it.

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

Emononymous

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:08 am
you dont have to .. let them figure it out by themselves

..User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:53 pm
You don't tell him.

There's nothing to tell.  

KendallvonM

KayKayBinks

2,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:10 pm
There really is no possible way to tell someone you're "emo" without you sounding like a complete idiot. Just let them figure it out themselves. It's kinda hard NOT to figure out.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:24 pm
the best thing to do is explain to him what emo means to you. alot of people think that being emo is just about wearing eyeliner, being suicidal and crying yourself to sleep, etc, etc. if he likes who you are before he knows that you have labeled yourself emo, he can't hate you after you tell him. hope this helps, and good luck.  

Harley91594

Wheezing Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

serjtankian_is_god

5,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:35 pm
Harley91594
the best thing to do is explain to him what emo means to you. alot of people think that being emo is just about wearing eyeliner, being suicidal and crying yourself to sleep, etc, etc. if he likes who you are before he knows that you have labeled yourself emo, he can't hate you after you tell him. hope this helps, and good luck.

He can.
I would.
FIRE CROTCHHHHHHHHHHHH

Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out