Bands most People have not heard of. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whisper Gently

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:53 pm
User Image
Examples. Delight, Echoes of Eternity, Psykkle, Team Cybergiest., Empty, Curiosity. smile
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:30 pm
Whisper Gently
Examples. KMFDM, Delight The Chemical Brothers ( i haven't met someone who has heard of them.) Dream Theater, Fates Warning, Echoes Of Eternity...I love all of these bands to bits.
Please tell me you're joking.

KMFDM is probably the most influential and popular industrial metal/rock band, probably second only to Nina Inch Nails.

The Chemical Brothers are known worldwide as the ones who made big beat popular in the mid-90s. Just because you've never met anyone that knows them doesn't mean they're unknown.

Dream Theater has released several Billboard chart-achieving albums, have sold several million albums in the US alone, and have even been reviewed on Entertainment Weekly and their music was in Dragon Ball Z's English dub and Rock Band for ******** sake; doesn't sound like an unknown band in the slightest.

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:02 pm
The correct answer is Kiss the a**s of a Black Cat.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:48 am
I guess it depeneds on where youre from. I guess that bands that are undrground in the states are huge in europe, and the other way around.  

wilykit_thundera

Romantic Vampire

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:41 am
Kill Hannah, Abandon Kansas, Angels Among Us, and there are several really good Japanese gothic and visual kei bands I'm addicted to.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:04 pm
Infection XIII
Whisper Gently
Examples. KMFDM, Delight The Chemical Brothers ( i haven't met someone who has heard of them.) Dream Theater, Fates Warning, Echoes Of Eternity...I love all of these bands to bits.

KMFDM is probably the most influential and popular industrial metal/rock band, probably second only to Nina Inch Nails.

The Chemical Brothers are known worldwide as the ones who made big beat popular in the mid-90s. Just because you've never met anyone that knows them doesn't mean they're unknown.

Dream Theater has released several Billboard chart-achieving albums, have sold several million albums in the US alone, and have even been reviewed on Entertainment Weekly and their music was in Dragon Ball Z's English dub and Rock Band for ******** sake; doesn't sound like an unknown band in the slightest.

It depends on where you are from, where I am from hip hop and rap reign supreme. So to most people around here have no idea what any of the bands are.  

Whisper Gently

Missunderstood soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:28 pm
like everybody that i know has heard of dream theater that is a well known band  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:21 pm
Whisper Gently
Infection XIII
Whisper Gently

It depends on where you are from, where I am from hip hop and rap reign supreme. So to most people around here have no idea what any of the bands are.
I'm in the same boat as you are in terms of regional music, however, that does not diminish a band's popularity.
You can't say a clearly popular band is unknown on the internet simply because no one in your area has heard of them.

You have to remember two things when speaking of music:
1. Not everyone is in your particular region, and therefore a band's popularity can be very much a variable; but you still have to consider the band's success.
2. The internet has no region, and therefore popularity should be measured by a particular band's success and mainstream media exposure. All three of the aforementioned bands have seen their share, however small or large, of the media spotlight. All three have sold millions of records. All three have been featured in very popular movies, TV shows, and similar media; giving them a lot of mainstream exposure.

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

sal riddle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:27 pm
anybody here heard of kiss kiss?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:54 pm
Infection XIII
Whisper Gently
Infection XIII
Whisper Gently

I'm in the same boat as you are in terms of regional music, however, that does not diminish a band's popularity.
You can't say a clearly popular band is unknown on the internet simply because no one in your area has heard of them.

You have to remember two things when speaking of music:
1. Not everyone is in your particular region, and therefore a band's popularity can be very much a variable; but you still have to consider the band's success.
2. The internet has no region, and therefore popularity should be measured by a particular band's success and mainstream media exposure. All three of the aforementioned bands have seen their share, however small or large, of the media spotlight. All three have sold millions of records. All three have been featured in very popular movies, TV shows, and similar media; giving them a lot of mainstream exposure.

True true. I have been quite silly. smile I shoudl go edit my post those were the ones at the top of my head that I THOUGHT many people didn't recognize and that it may have in some wayy applied to most regions. ^^  

Whisper Gently

rokkenrou

Party Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:30 pm
Phantasmagoria
Even when I was in Japan, asking in Japanese & *eventually* spelling out the band's name for the lady at the CD store, all I got was a blank stare :'D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:27 pm
Anyone heard of Tokio Hotel?  

Official Gothic Chick

Gypsie Punk II

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:44 pm
I like Tokio Hotel!

I bet not too many people have heard of Neutral Milk Hotel, or the Mountain Goats. They aren't very heavy or anything...I also really, really love Of Montreal. x3 Lemon Demon too!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:52 pm
Alexander_Sterling_Lover
Anyone heard of Tokio Hotel?

Hasn't everyone?
I don't even listen to them, but their name is everywhere :/

rokkenrou

Party Pilot

wilykit_thundera

Romantic Vampire

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Megathread 100